In regards to all race/all class

I could see the loa doing it. If they could give zandalarie pally abilities then I can see them doing it for undead in terms of druids.

Plague bear, zombie kitty. Spider ground form, plague bat flight form. Skeleton shark? Water form, skeleton moonkin, Rotting tree form.

1 Like

Exactly. Weve gone long past the Lore making much sense, may as well make a fun experience in the mean time. The Lore has always been written and rewritten though, and things can change. I remember when people freaked out about Draeni existing years ago too.

1 Like

Love your name by the way :slight_smile:
I named my highmountain bear “Nyarlathotep” lol needed a name and surprisingly it wasn’t taken.

But yeah at this point the old class restrictions are pointless. Let’s just have some fun for once.

1 Like

Thanks! Ive also gone a toon names Nyarlahotep! haha. Always great to find a good name available still!

1 Like

That’s a different type of system though. It’s built in to the game from the get go and you level all jobs on one character. It doesn’t make sense in WoW as much as I’d love to have all my classes on one toon.

I was on the lore forums and even they agree it doesn’t make sense anymore.

Yeah, pretty sure that is what they are doing for class/race restrictions. Stopping listening to you guys and girls.

3 Likes

All you need is a dead body to be a death knight.

The rest is just mechanics.

You missed the part where they retconned where the light protects their soul.

1 Like

Actually no. Only certain individuals can even be raised as death knights. That’s why arthas 3rd generation was and is the strongest.

1 Like

You missed the part where the light energy stored in the body leaves it and the fact the souls is only protected from being burned from fel fire.

Also gonna need a qoute for your claim on the lore forums as it does not appear in your direct history that you had been there.

Until recently they actually protected it from necrotic magic too which sometimes warlocks used case in point teran gregory. They retconned a lot with shadowlands which is why the expansion is so bad lorewise.

1 Like

You also are forgetting that the light returns to them upon being resed as a death knight even if they jihaded to blow up with light energy at death

Example?

We have literal priests with no martial powers raised to death knights like it is nothing.

Hes also forgetting gul dan bringing back mannaroths skeleton XD Ironically with fel magic too?

No it does not. Head canon is strong here

Beings raised into acherus had to have something special or unquie about them and even then the training to even be allowed to live was so brutal that it makes dhs training look like hello kitty. Tack on the endless hungar all third gen have and you have the perfect soldier.

Lightforged racial ability: they explode on death with a burst of light energy which harms foes and heals allies.

This ability is retained by death knight lightforged, ergo, no head cannon but established thing in game

1 Like

Also liked to add these same people are asking for night elf paladins and saying elune created the naaru. But then when you look at a tyrande and velen conversation about velen speculating elune being a naaru she literally scoffed at the idea and was even insulted. Yeah, and then people saying it makes sense for one single night elf. Edit: So no I don’t think night elf paladins should get unique spell animations and colors if they were a thing. Just would use the light like everyone else cause this lore they are arguing is elune is part of the pantheon of life which in itself is a cosmic force separated from the light that the naaru originated from XD

Oh agreed, I think it should be like that for every race, I’d love Sunwalker Tauren getting a more ‘solar’ look to their abilities than just ‘gineric light’ kind of like how the Sunwalker kodo eyes are more orangey than yellow and look more firey in particles.

That’s why I suggested the old races should get some love on their druid forms too, and speaking of, some one in my guild brought up a good point on Tauren, the travel form could be the Plainstrider, and the Tank form could be the Kodo with the Coyote being the feral damage form, and for worgen, the ‘running wild’ position could make a good form for their feral form with a ‘dire wolf’ form being the tank form (take the furbolg ‘model’ and make it wolf-ey not bear-ey) and do think the druid alt forms should be just…available to all druids since they’ll spend most/all their time in those forms (really feel bad for balance tbh, no real options between boomkin, or blue ghostie person)