In hindsight, the war effort kinda sucks

If the material requirements were worse, my server wouldn’t be able to open AQ before the projected release date of Naxx.

Does that make any sense?

That would have pissed off the #nochanges crowd, but the stockpiling of known items beforehand already threw #nochanges out the window. What you suggest would have been much better.

5 Likes

This is why it will be auto-opened at worst. Yes you’ll lose out on AQ time, but Naxx won’t be coming out for a while.

2 Likes

You do realize you’re on the 4th largest server in NA/EU, right?

2 Likes

The dumb part was that Blizz didn’t make an honest attempt at balancing and right-sizing servers beforehand. Many of the low-pops or hugely faction imbalanced servers won’t be opening on time. To be honest, if things were balanced properly, every server would be opening within a few weeks of P5 because they’d all be stockpiling mats from day 1.

3 Likes

All you need is a scarab lord.

7 Likes

What’s your point?

You’re on the 4th most popular server in NA/EU.

1 Like

Irrelevant to my criticism.

What is your point?

This is how things were in Vanilla and it was even worse because Blizzard constantly released new fresh progression servers where the gates would have to be opened all over again.

Not every server is as hypercompetitive as Sulfuras or Skeram and that’s fine. Play the game for fun all the world firsts were already done in 2006 anyways.

If I recall correctly, they actually started auto-opening gates on newer servers at some point.

Yes the contributions will start going up on their own eventually.

2 Likes

His server is 37/63 and the 4th largest in NA/EU. Heartseeker will be done in a couple days and is 98/2 and the 45th largest server in NA/EU.

4 Likes

I’m not entirely sure about that because I don’t recall that happening.

What I do remember though is everytime a new server opened you would have a few hypercompetitive guilds reroll on it to try and get scarab lord because they missed it the first time.

If you want to substitute out the word “popular” for something else so your brain doesn’t continuously meltdown in to making arbitrary points, go ahead.

But pointing out that our server is popular from a relative POV, doesn’t make our war effort move faster.

I’m sorry that your server is full of lazy raid loggers who obviously don’t care to open the gates despite having an enormous raid population.

You’re the one having a meltdown, friendo. This isn’t my QQ thread, I’ll be raiding AQ next week.

11 Likes

No, but that just means your population is made up of a more casual playerbase, and that’s why it’s not completing quickly.

Its not the population/popularity of the server, it’s the dedication of the players to get it open quickly

Apology accepted. In the future just don’t post if you have nothing useful to say, like others who’ve mentioned the “auto-supplies”.

I only posted here because you said something ridiculous. Don’t make ridiculous false statements and I won’t post!

Deal?

Like I said, substitute the word for whatever you want that makes sense to you.

I never said Fairbanks wasn’t a popular server, but regardless, our war effort is a snail’s pace.

@Delimicus

My point was that not all servers are equal, whether it be popularity, population, or general effort of the raiding population, it DOESN’T MATTER why.

But do go on, your strawmans are a good lesson to all who need an example of piss poor argumentation.