In game mail options to reduce harassment

You just have to wonder what the underlying philosophy the devs cling to that they continue to enable this. Blizz at times tends to be philosophy driven. It’s not a mechanical thing, it’s not like they could not have done something like this over that past 1 1/2 decades.

Rather, they simply choose not too. No doubt this pops up in some internal meeting once, perhaps twice a year, and someone says “No, we’re not going to do this”. And they stick to their guns, everyone else cedes to the decision and that’s that.

Just…have to wonder.

1 Like

He should get banned.

5 Likes

no not really, just add an option to filter messages so the person being harassed doesnt have to see them per say. Or add an option to just block all incoming communications from characters related to that account. I feel the filter would be one of the better routes to go since i can have other benefits as well.

2 Likes

this is ongoing harassment and circumventing the ignore feature.

both are quite serious, and it sounds like she’s not taking the proper actions in reporting.

using the report feature won’t accomplish anything… it does nothing to inform blizzard of the ongoing nature of the issue.

she needs to open a ticket, and be specific about it being ongoing, and the player creating alts to circumvent the ignore feature.

load of tripe.

do you people intentionally spread rubbish like this to discourage people from reporting?

(for those of you who want to fall for this “woe is me” junk, and believe nothing is done about harassment, i suggest you go check out the thread in cs where someone is sooking about their punishment for harassment being more severe than the punishment which was dished out by the guildies they encouraged to join in with them)

put their known character/s on ignore.
if they attempt to contact you, or get anyone to contact you on their behalf, open a ticket and be specific about the reasons for the report.

…and stop spreading these stupid rumors that nothing is done about harassment.

7 Likes

When someone has reported and blocked hundreds of messages, put in tickets, and done everything they can to get blizzard to do something to stop this person from making alts to circumvent her blocking them, it is on blizzard to do SOMETHING. If you report a whisper, it blocks the whole account… how is asking for the same feature to apply to in game mail spreading rubbish? It is a legit feature that would prevent this type of issue from happening.

It is hard to feel like something is being done when this has gone on for a year and nothing is being done.

2 Likes

So there should be a way to IP ban or full-on account ignore, bout how about a name change.

Sadly she has changed names. The person has a toon lurking in our guild and figures it out after awhile.

That’s wild. What’s the full story?

1 Like

Step one: /ignore.
Step two: If contact repeats, /ignore and put in a ticket here:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/197/683/solution

Within the ticket place the following text:
Player XXX is harassing me. I have ignored them. They are bypassing the Ignore.

Step three: Wait for ticket to come up in queue, and watch as Blizzard warns said bug.
Step four: if contacted again, repeat step two.
Step five: Wait for ticket to come up in queue, and watch as Blizzard smashes said bug with banhammer.

3 Likes

So kick em?

1 Like

All of this has been done. She has spoken to GMs through the ticket feature, reported every message, blocked every toon who has sent mail. She has done all of these things for a full year. The person simply makes a new level 1 alt and continues because her blocking them only blocks that toon, not the whole account.

We dont know who they are. They use level 1 alts on a separate account to send the mails. We have been trying to narrow it down but our guild is old and has grown large over the years. An option to block the whole account by blocking one toon, the way reporting a whisper works, would help alot and that is why we are here. Everything we have done has not worked.

All she has to do is report enough when he does those things.

Blizzard can see the letters he sends her.

The other option is just to actually “ignore”; I know that sounds hard, but that is like real life “ignore” where she simply stops looking at the mail or being bothered by the person. It is obvious the mail is coming from that person, before looking, isn’t it? So why look?

I’ve never had this happen, in 15 years. Things just don’t bother me, for one thing. People only do this if it obviously bothers the person.

But, these are unsolicited mails from people she doesn’t know. So why look at them even?

Where is your superman mog, Clark! :wink: (that is not what she’d reply, of course :wink: )
Ah, RAF explorer’s outfit? Wow that is pretty cool.

Yo. Whenever I’ve blocked someone it was their account. Couldn’t get whispers anymore from any of their toons. New or old.

Mail, can still get that tho

Is there more to this? I don’t understand why someone would go to great lengths just to send nasty messages. Doesn’t it get dull at some point?

1 Like

No, we are expecting them to make mail work the same way whispers do, you report one toon and the whole account is placed on ignore. As it stands the person is able to just toon hop and circumvent the block because in game mail doesnt block the whole account the way blocking whispers does.

all of this has been done already, all you’re doing is stating the steps that she has been doing since his started last year. everytime she opens a ticket and reports it they just tell her to block that character and if it happens again open another ticket. Nothing is ever done about it to stop this person from contacting her. that’s the issue. The report feature works fine. Its the fact that they can just hop on another toon in 10 seconds and start again is where the problem lies.

you know exactly what i was saying.

it’s spreading rubbish to pretend blizzard don’t do anything about it if it’s reported correctly.

1 Like

That is the issue right now is in game mail. she has the account blocked but they are getting to her through in game letters.

Could get an add on until blizzard does something about it. Auto delete mail from toons less than X level

1 Like