In Game issue with movement

Which is most likely my problem. Im hoping someone else has had this issue and can shed some light. When I go to click on an item in game my toon runs forward. When im fighting a mob it does the same thing or when I try to mount. this happens I estimate 85% of the time…to say its driving me nuts is understating it.
Heres what ive done…First I have low ping and no lag no FPS issues at all.
I thought it may be my worn KB and I had a new one and replaced this one…no dice didnt help. Then my mouse I also had a new spare…nope wasnt it.

This is making game play miserable for me...ive been playing wow a long time and this is the first time ive had this issue...Like i said I dont believe its the games problem at all...its mine and I am clueless to what it is...Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sounds like one of your key bindings might be messed up. If you haven’t tried doing so yet, try logging into the game, press ESC, click on key bindings and there should be an option to reset them in the bottom left.

Give that a go and see if it clears up the issue.

2 Likes

Ok going now and thanks for the reply

I logged on as soon as I left my response to you…and I had asked folks in my guild If they knew of this problem…theres one guildie thats really savvy with tech and this games workings…He had heard and said Turn off mouse sensitivity in the game and that will fix it…I didnt believe him and didnt even know if I had it on.
I did and I turned it off and dang if it doesnt appear to have worked…I need to play tomorrow to know for sure…but at least its another avenue If anyone else has this problem to try.

Thanks again for your response I really appreciated it.
2 Likes

Well, here’s hoping that worked for you! That would definitely be a new fix I’ve not heard of before, but it’s awesome if that works :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There is a “click to move” option in the settings. When enabled, right-clicking on the background will make your character move to where you clicked.

ESC-Interface-Mouse-"Click to Move

5 Likes