In game freezing

For some reason, the game freezes mostly during dungeons happens for a few seconds up to close to a minute, but I’ve also experienced it outside dungeons. Despite the freeze, I can still move my mouse and use Discord; everything else works perfectly except in the game. I’ve tried disabling and removing addons, but that didn’t resolve the issue. Additionally, I’ve verified that my drivers are up to date and am currently running a scan and repair to check for any corrupt files & tested this and same thing. My system specs include Windows 11 Home Build 22631, an Intel Core i9-14900K, and an NVIDIA MSI Supa 4080.

Edit: No other game is doing this to me only wow. Settings run on Fullscreen and everything on Ultra and knocked it down to good and still doesn’t fix it.

Anyone else experiencing this?

2 Likes

There are some additional troubleshooting steps here:

Hi Elocin,

I have tried all these already.

1 Like

Also have this issue. Have an i9-14900KF and have had issues with it in other games crashing on start, but not freezing like I have experienced in wow.

1 Like

Did you try the Intel Tuning utility?

i9s are having some issues.

I am experiencing similar issues, random freezing and stuttering while playing, nothing in particular I am doing in game. The audio continues, I can still move the cursor, and after about 10 seconds it seems the game catches up again.

I have actually never had any performance issues in any WoW expansions until this one. I don’t have any similar issues in any other more demanding games.

i9-12900k-rtx3080-32gigs of ram

1 Like

I’m also experiencing this issue. 3.4ghz AMD 5950x, 3080ti, 32gb RAM. I have no other issues with other games - only this one. The game will randomly freeze for 5-10 seconds. The audio continues, and I’m able to switch to other applications without issue. The game will suddenly become responsive, sometimes displacing the in-game UI elements for a few moments. I was experiencing this issue before the release of the expansion. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I’ve run it with zero addons, but still encounter this issue randomly. I’ve gone a while without it being an issue, but once it happens, it starts to happen more and more frequently. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

I am seeing major lag and game momentary freezing issues.

1 Like

I am also experiencing this issue. It happens the most in dungeons, my favorite way to level. Once it starts happening outside of dungeons though it starts happening a lot. Hope there is a good fix for it soon, really wanted to justify dropping this cash on the xpac - hard to do that if i meet system requirements and still can’t play :frowning:

1 Like

Ive noticed freezing today as well. Its like a few seconds then the game catches up.

2 Likes

I have been having this problem as well. Seems like it happens when i open my map. Not everytime, but it only happens when my map is open. Have also tried all the fixes and disable add ons. Very frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

following been trying to find a fix for a while for this since prepatch started

3 Likes

I am also having this issue and I have no other issues with any other games or applications.

1 Like

Follow up to my earlier post on this thread. It only happens when I open my map. Logged out restarted computer, played 30 minutes without opening my map, everything was fine. The second I opened my map got the freeze. Lasted about 15 seconds then back to normal. Waited five minutes, no issues. Opened my map and froze again. Making the game almost unplayable in new zones and dungeons. I need the map!
Blizzard, any info would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

So, just giving a little update. After doing some reading and searching I think Ive fixed my issue.
Hopefully this may help people having the same problem. I went to the options screen then graphics, then all the way to the bottom. I read the last five check boxes were added with this expansion. I cant confirm that tho. I unchecked the very last box, and played for five more hours
opening my map very often and didnt have one freeze up. I hope this helps someone struggling as i was.

2 Likes

I’m also having severe stuttering and significant frame rate drops. I’m on an Alienware M18 R1 (laptop) with the following specs:

• 13th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i9-13900HX 2.20 GHz
  • 64 GB RAM
  • GeForce RTX 4090

I should be having absolutely no issues running this game on max settings, but not even going down to graphic level 5 in the game fixes my issues. The stuttering happens regardless of settings it seems. Didn’t have these issues during early access, but now I’m having them across the entire game. Even in Dragon Isles, Stormwind, etc, not just Khaz Algar.

To also make a clear point, the i9-13900HX is NOT one of the CPU’s that intel has mentioned is having issues. I have no issues with my PC on any other game or when I do my daily job in Unreal Engine 5.

3 Likes

I am having this issue as well. It is making the game nearly unplayable for me, especially when I am doing instanced or dungeon content. It’s been going on since launch day, but I don’t remember experiencing this issue while playing the beta, curiously enough. I have confirmed that it isn’t an internet issue and have been patiently waiting for a blue post to address it. I really hope they fix it soon. I am losing the desire to attempt to play already and that has me very sad.

2 Likes

Another update.
After shutting off work submit checkbox last night I played for about five hours and didnt have one issue. Today after the little patch I downloaded the issue is back. Not constant, but i never know when its going to happen. Its always when i have my map open tho. Really hope this gets fixed soon. Very very frustrating.

2 Likes

Having this issue a lot in the last few days as well. Obnoxious.

1 Like

just adding ME TOO to this problem. Fairly constant freezes that last too long to wait - I usually just have to close the window ie: can’t log out or exit the game. VERY frustrating. I have come back into the game dead more times then I like for these kinds of reasons.

1 Like