In Development: Season of Discovery Phase 4

It is a *good thing * for those activities to exist for players who want to do them.

Worldbosses being exclusive to only the most terminally online guilds was always bad game design. Sniping bosses by hopping between 20 alts isn’t an expression of skill.

3 Likes

Agreed with your whole post. Thanks for sharing.

Blizzard has pretty much said word for word that they want SoD to be a side thing for people already consuming content in other versions of WoW, which is what I’ve suspected for a long time.

I don’t think Blizzard cares about the players who SoD “should be” made for. Those who would add to the sub count too.

3 Likes

This is classic, not retail.

Know the difference, it could save your server.

Yep. And classic was well known for afk pve events like AV and using wall jumps to finish wsg twice as fast for the gear.

Classic pvp is a joke to get semi competent world pvp gear and thats it.

Pvp in bgs wasnt even in the original until a few patches afterward

1 Like

so what? people used to :poop: in outhouses too before indoor plumbing

“well ackshually it wasn’t in the original release of the game :nerd_face:” is such a stupid defense. a lot of people want PVP to be good in an MMO. retail (and from what I hear, Cata) has decent PVP. the problem is they aren’t really a sandbox that lends itself to world PVP, but BGs and WPVP should be good. it’s actually wild to me that we are doing a PTR to test class adjustments and they didn’t think people would want to test them in PVP?

PVP trinkets are locked behind rank still on PTR and none of the characters have any rank, yet we have Argent Dawn rep pre loaded on our characters.

just because the devs clearly don’t care about PVP doesn’t mean a large amount of the player base don’t

3 Likes

They weren’t exclusive. You just weren’t a part of your server community, or didn’t try to access the bosses.

“Bad game design” how? Elucidate.

You’ve clearly never done them in your life.

1 Like

After thinking it over for a night. I think we should still have world bosses in instances (and a weekly lockout).

However they should still spawn in the World uninstanced with no lockout and drop double or triple the loot to make it still desirable for players to camp for extra loot and server competition.

2 Likes

Give us a day so I can be a piece of crap and take time off work

Reasonable middle of the road!

Layers make WBs jank regardless, so it’s a wash all the same.

1 Like

Sometimes you just need a night to think about it.

Instances bosses will probably drop the usual 2-3 items but the outdoor version should drop 7-10 items.

Sadly but necessary otherwise the game would crash every couple of minutes especially while in combat.

1 Like

If you think one guild being able to snipe all the world bosses is good game design, I don’t know what to tell you.

Mind you, I play on a PvE server and I will acknowledge that some players still prefer being camped relentlessly in PvP servers to palying PvE servers, so I accept that you and I simply have different playstyles and will never agree on how exclusive worldbosses should be.

Maybe PvP servers can keep them exclusive, as most of the competitive-minded players reside there.

Add a new 2 hander only rune for the wrist slot plz! None of the wrist slot abilities synergize well with 2 hand spec and they are very boring passive abilities with no negligible dmg increase or use in pvp or pve that benefits 2 hand spec.

Heres my idea/suggestion for the rune for it to have a Ranged Skill & Passive effect :

Ricochet- Passive Effect: Your FB/FT/WF Imbues your 2hander weapon with Frostbrand, flametounge and WF at the same time.
Ranged Ability: Ricochet : Hurls your weapon up to 30 yards striking the enemy target for 150% melee dmg and dealing 15% of the physical damage to all enemies within 15 yards and when it returns buffs you, increasing your WindFury Proc chance by 30% for 10 seconds. 10 Second CD. WF Cannot proc off Ricochet (frost brand and Flametounge can) Proc only stays active with 2 handers.

thats a fun and interactive spell/ability thats not OP but at the same time has its uses in pve +pvpr

But it’s headed in that direction. When SoD was first announced it seemed like they had a direction - a singular vision. It’s not that way any more is all I’m saying.

I mean, SoD is practically Wrath at this point.

2 Likes

Where are these fun warrior changes you talk about???

1 Like

they done added flex onyxia raiding…

who’s going to make new raids?

A suggestion is to delay the release of MC

With world dragons and a bunch of stuff to do to prep for MC itself (Dungeon Set 2 etc) it could be very overwhelming for some, also it would give you guys more time to tune MC better with loot or what not.

If you contest, then they can’t.

If they’re not open world encounters, just delete them. They’re not interesting at all otherwise.

1 Like

Please return to 10 man raids!!!

1 Like

My principles: World bosses should not be instanced.

Me IRL: Thank god I don’t have to hang out and wait on the stupid hill in Azshara anymore.

I’m with the filthy retail types on this thing, and this one thing only.

1 Like