In Development: Season of Discovery Phase 4

Warrior Runes (Fury & Glad Stance Focus)

Glad stance has no dps chest rune anymore (besides very weak new rend rune). Raging blow does less damage than devastate.

Glad stance has no usable leg runes. Consumed by Rage effectively does nothing now (just activates other abilities that require enrage active)

Fury has no leg runes due to consumed by rage not doing anything besides activating a blanket enrage (which doesn’t even increase damage). Wrecking crew activates enrage as well so this isn’t needed.

Fury warrior still has no head rune. Taste for blood is most likely unusable because the rage dump swapping to battle will be too much.

Rampage will never be picked for anything until kill times are ~30 seconds since it’s on a 2 minute cd.

Single minded fury will never be picked for anything, ever. It just increases movement speed and decreases threat.

Arms, Fury, Prot and Glad need to each have at least one usable rune in each slot. I really hope this gets addressed before pushed to live.

Retail style daily incursions, retail style damage changes on pvp and instanced world bosses. Lol. It’s seriously like back in 2004 some people made a game, and from that point forward it’s been a consistent attempt to change everything fundamentally about that game for some reason. In 2019 they relented once, and now the cycle has started again

9 Likes

lol it’s been 6 hours and barely 60 responses :expressionless: SoD is so dead

6 Likes

Not sure if there will be a phase 5 unless it’s the end game content they will add in the fall or early winter as per the road map. Also my concerns are for those on very low pop or unbalanced faction realms how will they be able to form even a 20 man raid group if the realm doesn’t have enough folks faction wise to do it.

1 Like

These forums are dead. Also they have currently nuked the melee hunter so I am sad.

2 Likes

Think of the gold you’ll save. Now imagine all the gold my paladin will have to spend when he gets his bindings.

It’s better this way. You’ll thank Aggrend later.

I wish I was excited, but as soon as I saw varying raid difficulties I am utterly gutted. There is a reason I only enjoy the game up to TBC and adding multiple raid difficulties kills it a bit for me. I hope other players are able to enjoy it, but this might be where I tap out.

You guys quiver at the thought of any content being in the game that you don’t want to do if it gives even fringe upgrades.

You don’t need to do world bosses just as you don’t need to do the rank 14 grind. It is a *good thing * for those activities to exist for players who want to do them.

Because that would actually require effort and this way they can say that their jobs are done.

1 Like

That guy is a Retail player (look at the post history) who was gushing over how much he liked the R14 changes too back in 2023.

I don’t think I’ve ever agreed with a single thing he’s said. Maybe there’s something I forgot but that’s doubtful.

ETA I just checked his most-liked people too… I’m not sure if that should be called sad or just think that explains an attitude of how Blizzard can do no wrong.

1 Like

Blizz said that SoD would have an identity and that they knew they shouldn’t cater to everyone.

LOL.

That’s exactly what they’re not doing. Different difficulty modes? Instanced world bosses? Now it’s something for everyone. I’m already on the fence. If all modes drop the same gear, I’m out.

Wrath and anything after wasn’t my cup of tea for a reason.

1 Like

We absolutely need 10-man raids. 20+ being the sole type is a massive mistake.

4 Likes

They’ll see.

Soon enough Era will overtake SoD, which is pretty incredible for Era being almost 5 years old? And also pretty incredible for SoD’s almost 7 months of overhyped existence.

I’ll still give p4 a try if my friends from p1 and p2 come back.

Otherwise, no harm done and since they pushed me to Cata with p3 I have a year worth of WoW token time to try it out.

Maybe the goal was to lose player base and revenue at the same time. This was the real discovery all along.

5 Likes

Lies. Blood Moon is fun. I want more blood moon.

I just also wanted other things to do beyond just Blood Moon.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s still not for everyone. Even with three raid difficulties, SoD is still going to be a “raid or die” game. If you aren’t willing to raid in a 20-man, SoD won’t be for you. On the flip-side, there’s such a wide range of skill between different raid groups that having to raid every week would potentially be boring for a lot of players if the raids accommodate “dad gamers” without any way to scale up the difficulty beyond speed-running (and speed-running is not for everyone).

Even with that in mind, Mythic-level raids are probably not going to be satisfied, and as mentioned the LFR type players who don’t want to joni raids won’t be satisfied either. So it’s definitely “not for everyone” the way Retail is.

2 Likes

you should never have gotten dispersion :expressionless:

1 Like

if you want your 10man glorified dungeons, retail is right there

6 Likes

Oh no, 85 people wont play anymore.

Anyways.

1 Like

This is already feeling like another half-baked get it over with phase like phase 3.
I feel we aren’t getting good work by the creative team because they are being stretch too thin on too many other games/versions.

1 Like

How so?