In Development: Guardians of the Dream

:heart_eyes_cat:
You’re looking gorgeous as usual, Sweety.

2 Likes

Probably not. Amirdrassil is a raid, and I doubt Blizzard will remove the raid or have a raid in the same place as a city. This is also why I didn’t think Hyjal would be a new home, because there is a raid there (on top of the amount of phasing and the logistics of having a new racial start zone in a secluded area AND deprecating the more popular Cata start zone for one that will, by nature (pun intended) be available for fewer players.

My suspicion is that Amirdrassil is meant to “redeem” all the world trees, and remove the corruption in some of them. I also want to point out that it is absolutely possible for new trees to grow from dead trunks - I have a crabapple tree that is doing that right now, and the World Tree in Grizzly Hills had done that (and the players had to kill the new growth because of the saronite corruption).

If this is the path that Blizzard is choosing, this would replicate the Great Trees in Ardenweald - centers (groves) that the denizens coalesce around and care for the local area. It would make sense that Ardenweald’s influence on the seed would result in Azeroth’s World Trees functioning in a similar manner, with perhaps the Night Elves’ role being to nurture not just the existing ones, but plant new ones.

Anyway, I highly doubt that Amirdrassil, or that the new “Emerald Dream zone,” is going to be the Night Elf home.

1 Like

Thanks for that and as always I appreciate the kind words and I’m happy to see you posting, I really am. :heart: :heart: :heart:

3 Likes

Dazar’alor, it would not be the first time.

3 Likes

I know. Like how this month’s trading post had not one, but TWO blood elf totems.

Ooo. Per the interview, Vyranoth and Wrathion have a questlines. Looks like we’re finally seeing the return of the Netherdrakes :smiley:

I don’t think it will be a city, but I want to mention that BFA and MoP both had raids in horde cities.

Blizzard knows where their bread is buttered. Blood Elf fans are the best fans of the fan base, and Blizzard tries to reward us as we so rightly deserve.

They can wait over there while people who matter are catered to.

1 Like

Falls out of chair reading Wowhead interview

Oh my God lol.

Heroic and M0 Dungeons will populate the Great Vault. Heroic and M0 will actually serve something of a purpose now? By the Nine Divine.

2 Likes

Oh really? Huh, that’s somethin’

I’m hoping this is the final new raid of DF and if there is a season 4 it’s a best of season like season 4 of SL .

THat way maybe Iridikron can becaried over into the next expansion and be devloped more .

Now that is wonderful news

Heroic and Mythic+0 being added to the Great Vault and solo queue RBGs? Consider my interest piqued.

2 Likes

Just gonna say this and Im sure it will fall on deaf blizz dev ears. WIshed it didnt but it will

WE do not need more currencies in the patch. We need gear drops from mobs and monsters. No more go get 20 A.s to get a certain amount of currency to get a mediocre piece of gear.
Just stop it already. Make the gear drop from the actual mobs and monsters with no currency grinds to upgrade.
Just make the gear good and people will come. Make more grinds and people will move along

1 Like

Some things sound good, but nothing in DF zones interests me unless I can use regular flight in DF zones. I don’t see anything regarding allowing regular flight in DF zones in this announcement and that’s a problem.

2 Likes

Another major lore area wasted as a patch zone. I remember people wanting the Emerald Dream since Vanilla. Now it’s finally here, but I never imagined that it would be so unexicting.

2 Likes

I mean at least it’s more than a single raid zone this time.

I think it’s time to accept that we’re never going to get an Emerald Dream expansion.

3 Likes

is just a dream.

Metzen said it would not be an expansion at a Blizzcon interview a while ago (2013 specifically)

Yeaaah I know. There’s more to Life than generic green forests, though
 could have done a whole set of biomes - swamps, cold mountain forests like grizzly hills, jungles, etc.

Alas, what could have been.

7 Likes