In case anyone missed it: old Warcraft I and II are on the shop

They are fun and you can get to know how warcraft all started

6 Likes

So is Diablo and its Hellfire expansion.

Would be nice if they honored my old CD keys…

7 Likes

Damn, now I can continue to visit my childhood. :troll:

1 Like

I knew I should have spend a little more and got the ps1 version of warcraft 2 and diablo…

Hellfire as well? I thought that was an unofficial expansion developed by another studio…

1 Like

Interesting.

Well, someone let WoWHead know they messed up. Pretty sure Hellfire added Monk as a class.

A remaster of WCI & II would be pretty dope

Just used the WCIII Reforged engine, no need to make anything new, but just put the old campaign in there with some updated voice lines maybe.

1 Like

WC1 is definitely not worth it these days. WC2 though, now that’s a childhood favorite.

We all know they’d do something wrong

Sure, but in my eyes they’re already doing something wrong by not doing it.

So if they already can’t win, might as well do it.

got 'em

1 Like

Yea but this version of losing doesn’t cost them any money

So it’s their preferred losing

And they didn’t have to do the work GoG did to get it in a state for modern systems (And don’t have the 1&2 bundle for $15 that gog has)

Do wonder if there is a way to link that purchase to the battle net launcher

4 Likes

So they can flunk a second and third time ? Just as they did with WC3 reforged? On a lighter note I think it’s fairly decent now.

1 Like

Sweet news! Def going to buy both of the Warcraft titles. Glad these were finally added to the shop! I’m betting lots of players will purchase these classics! :smiley:

I mean WCIII was recent enough that a remaster was kinda pointless to begin with at the time that they did it.

The first two games are significantly older and would benefit from a graphical update and some more modern design.

1 Like

I think a remake of Warcraft 1 is needed. Unlike Warcraft 2, Warcraft 1 has aged terribly.

1 Like

Did it age poorly? I mean, I couldn’t get into it back around the time WC2 came out due how slow it felt in comparison

Best part of these two titles is the opportunity for players to see how much the WoW landscape differs from the original RTS games. It’s interesting to me, comparing those old maps to the MMO.

I tried entering the CD key from my GOG copy of WC2 into bnet, and I just got a generic error (not an “already claimed” error though, mind you). Would be real nice if they made it work.

1 Like