Improvements to make hunter viable

You’re right. Only does damage once per minute, and said damage has 3-6 globals of ramp, then can be stopped by any one of multiple abilities that a warrior/ret/ww/etc has on short cooldown. Relies on a partner to use it’s only CC. Dies super fast.

Mm is broken when the people you play against are mentally handicapped but other than that… no lol :joy:

1 Like

Ya exactly why hunters are asking for problems to be fixed ty

4 Likes

All this being said, I don’t think scatter is the right move for BM/SV. It definitely needs to be on disorient for marks, and needs to be a base ability. Would like to see readiness (old ability on 5m cooldown that resets turtle/exhil/cheetah/trueshot) replace ranger’s finesse and trueshot mastery since those were built around legion marksman and are dead talents with the bfa/sl marksman iteration.

I think a huge part of the problem is that marks lost more going into bfa, and got less back going into SL than the classes that you’d otherwise replace it with.
Legion marks had:
Bursting disorient
Binding stun or wyvern sting incap
Scatter incap
Trap

Now has:
Binding root
Scatter incap
Trap

If you look at mage, the core control kit of poly, novas, DB, ring; or rogue with blind/sap/kidney/cheap, etc. - they never lost the core of their control kit, while hunter lost most of it, and has yet to get back to the baseline of legion (when it still wasn’t as strong as/used as much as stuff like mage). I just don’t see how you can argue against AT MINIMUM hunter getting a basic trap setup for itself back.

I miss that ability so much in PvE.

Scatter-Trap was a class-defining combo. It should have never been removed from the baseline talents.

And if you watch the last stoopzz interview with the dev guy, he seems to think that hunter is an “endurance” class that gets better when games go longer.

Okay. You made me squirt coffee out of my nose.

WoW isn’t usually balanced at all, but when it is, that’s exactly who it’s balanced around.

In a vacuum, he’s not wrong. Marksman has some of the higher sustained pressure potential in the game. The problem is that his vacuum and reality aren’t compatible. Good luck maintaining proper pressure as a Marksman when most of your damage is tied to a 2.5 second hard cast and LoS/CC exists. Not to mention some of the talents that would enable that (Like Trueshot Mastery) are basically impossible to take due to the sheer amount of mandatory PvP tallents.

Not to mention the classes complete inability to last long enough to leverage its pressure even if LoS didn’t exist. Etcetera.

None of the hunter comps have ever been good in a dampening meta. I think even in a vacuum he is wrong. There has to be/should be some kind of base level of knowledge and a base level of… actually keeping up with the game for someone to have any kind of decision making power at blizzard for this kind of stuff. It’s unbelievable to hear stuff like that.

Hey man. I didn’t say his vacuum was even remotely logical or good. He’s just looking at PvE parses and seeing that MM is in a good spot, thus must be in PvP as well.

If MM can sit there and PvE at you, it will beat most PvP specs in damage and pressure. The problem is that it isn’t how literally anything works and convincing them of that is going to be a meme.

1 Like

The people making pvp decisions don’t even pvp. Imagine making changes to pve based of opinions of people who could barely get through LFR.

The neglect and ignorance of the “pvp devs” is astounding.

You could have a panel un-paid volunteers who could make way better recommendations / decisions.

4 Likes

It makes the anecdotes spread around about lots of them playing mages, and some of them having made decisions based on what they got ganked by kind of frightening.

1 Like