Improvements to make hunter viable

Ideas to make hunter specs more viable for rated pvp:

1. Revert pet rez to 2 seconds in pvp.

2. Give all hunter specs binding shot baseline for pvp.

3. Give all hunter specs scatter shot baseline and put it on fear DR, give trap a 1 second arming time.

4. Give roar of sacrifice baseline to all hunter specs.

Surv and BM both need a 5 to 10% damage buff for pve as well as pvp.

These simple changes would make all 3 specs more viable for pvp, and you might even see them successfully played in arena tourneys.

23 Likes

Good changes. But I doubt they’ll actually do any tuning for hunters Blizzard has a bad track record doing anything us. Except letting our pets eat that tasty maw food ^.^

1 Like

This might be too much for Bm and Surv. Being able to stun/trap every 30sec and scatter every 45 sec could be crazy.

5 Likes

Might be OP, but I’m willing to take that risk.

4 Likes

It would not be OP, other classes already have 30% dmg lead on hunters

1 Like

Hunters :clap: need :clap: 500% damage boost :clap: to :clap: Eyes of the Beast :clap: in :clap: PvP :clap:

5 Likes

Having three instant cast cc’s on different dr’s with short cds isn’t op? What game are you playing? Hunter being lower on the damage end is a different matter entirely.

1 Like

i always felt like scatter should be a pvp talent but remove the dr with trap, but taking scatter just reduces trap to a 5 sec cc, so you get scatter to land the cc or you can risk landing it other ways for 7 seconds.

Its not different, if their damage is low at least is something they must be better.

Its damage? no
its defensives? no
So it must be control.

Did you just pick a random number or do you have a genuine reason to call out this “need” for that specific number?

Thank god you have nothing to do with game balance…

3 Likes

Im not the one famous about bad balances.

Your ideas would make you that though.

1 Like

Sounds like you just want mop hunter back.

hunters are already viable for rated pvp…

this isnt needed, blizzard just gave pets a huge survivability buff.

why do hunters need this?

absolutely not. this would give hunters too much control.

i dont think this is needed on top of their other baseline defensives. plus, two out of three hunter specs are ranged, so the only one that maybe warrants getting this is survival.

why? they do plenty of damage lol.

wow isnt balanced around what the top 30 players are doing.

1 Like

Give survival a buff to mongoose and BM a 30% Buff to Kill Command and Chimaera shot.

Yes

I think if SV got binding shot it might be insanely insane.

I’m wondering if the 20% survivability buff will actually be effective, I know a lot of people are saying its minimal, but I genuinely think people could quite easily waste a lot of their time on our pet now and lose more than they gain.

What? now i’ll just have to take my beer and pay attention here.

Can you elaborate your perception about 4 seconds ress be “fine” for hunters and about how pet being mauled in 3 seconds would be HUGE survivability with a 20% decrease.

Im curious.

Here i don’t even asking an opinion, its beyond the ridiculous.

History. Pve Logs.

BM hunter is last place in most logs, and took an un-needed 5% damage nerf in pre-patch which has carried over to all forms of content. That 5% was never reverted while BM has been at the bottom for no reason.

1 Like

Hunters either need more damage, or more control. Currently they have neither compared to many similar classes like mages.

I dont want to see bm in rated pvp.

100% mobility while doing 100% dmg at range is op. If its allowed to be viable why would you run a melee when you could just run BM?

Same as PvE. Blizzard put BM in this situation