Improvements to make hunter viable

True, I think damage is the more likely answer though due to raid logs.

1 Like

Hunters have needed a redesign in talents for a loooong time.

Posthaste is picked every time, it doesn’t matter what else is on that tier, you NEED Posthaste. Same with Camouflage, in PvP you won’t even look at the other talents. I’d suggest making them baseline.

Serpent Sting has never been a choice, it has never once been strong enough to consider being chosen, ever. Remove it. Trailblazer is also entirely pointless outside of farming old instances for transmog. Why does it exist? Who knows?

Hunter PvP talents have also always been abysmal outside of 2 MANDATORY talents. If you’re playing Hunter in PvP, you will always take Roar of Sacrifice. 99% of the time, you’ll also take Survival Tactics, just because all the other talents are so awful.

I just hate the Hunter talent tree, everything feels so low impact or useless which makes other talents feel mandatory.

3 Likes

You are an affliction lock yes?

problem with mongoose bite is that you need haste in order to be able to make it worth using wich is hard to achieve at the moment, i would prefer if tip of spear or whatever the talent that increase raptor strike dmg when using kill command was changed to lower the cd on wildfire bomb instead

Dont be smart.

I haveto still cast things. You think UA casts itself? Fears? Rapture?

Cmon you didnt even try

To be fair hunters have been constantly reworked it feels like every xpac since wod started

MM literally just gets reworked every xpac since WoD and it’s lame

2 Likes

do something with aim shot, having to stand still to cast a 2.5 sec aim shot is just not it and is not fun

A 4 second cast ress ain’t sh*t. They need to increase it if anything.

Even through all these reworks the PvP talents have stayed the same since Legion, and even most of the other talents stay the same.

This is probably the biggest issue with MM in general. Our sustained damage is atrocious on anyone who can LoS/CC, which is a lot of scenarios in Arena particularly.

Our burst damage has incredibly high variance, ranging from ~20k damage (They don’t stand in the pool) to over 30k (They stand/rooted in pool). This makes MM completely non-viable essentially outside of Kyrian, and extremely subpar if the enemy has a way to not stand in the +30% crit/10% damage increase pool. Meaning the higher you go up in the ladder, the worse MM tends to perform relative to other specs because smart people simply won’t stand in the pool and will often interrupt RFS completely nullifying your burst.

No other class has as low of lows as Hunters do at the moment aside from, potentially, Demon Hunters if The Hunt doesn’t crit. Meanwhile the utility the class brings is about average, slightly above so in some cases. The sustained damage is lackluster. Its survivability is probably dead last.

The entire class is in a strange spot.

so much talk about pets even if pets were immortal, hunters would still be sh*t and not fun in arena

3 Likes

Sad but true. SV damage is still lack luster to A-S tier melee. MM does minimal damage to anything that is not a mage or leather wearer outside of their wombo combo. The more I play other classes, the more I realize blizzard just doesn’t have a vision for the class.

3 Likes

Just bring back separation anxiety, pet rez 2 sec and make BM abilities ignore LoS of their pet ez fix

Survival damage is below tanks in PvE, they badly need damage buffs.

Kill command hits for less than cobra shot, which makes no sense at all considering the interaction the two abilities have.

Aim shot nerf was too severe, MM does nothing outside of cooldowns, and cooldowns are so easy to shut down.

Pet survivability is a joke considering how much the class relies on a pet to even function

There’s so many critical things that a wrong with hunters atm, I honestly don’t think anyone at blizzard tested anything when in comes to hunter

You’re literally an affliction lock…

Your point?

I mean i know the point youre trying to make, but i cant possibly take that notion seriously.

Its funny, Bloomsday stated “ress 4 sec is ok” and then “They do plenty of damage”

–> weakest damage of the game
–> plenty of damage

Pick one, you can’t have both.

Anyone want to refute me? just say who the !#%!#% do less damage than SV hunters?

Don’t listen to bloomsday he is extremely biased against hunters and pretends to be a competent player.

Back on topic, 20% DR is great but that barely covers the fact that pets don’t scale with defensive benefit of versatility.

Pets need higher HP so they can’t be instantly bursted.

Or maybe give hunters MS baseline so we can pick mechanicals and other families that have active mitigation.

4 Likes

Hunters need for YESTERDAY a 20% raptorstrike/mongoose bite buff + Master’s call baseline right #@!#%!#ing now.

MM is broken right now