Impossible To Fill Crafting Orders The Failure of the System

To be fair, raiders also get mats and recipes.

It exist as a requirement to get too 100. No one is talking about quickly. It’s literally impossible to reach 100.

Then that is a terrible system. The crafting orders should be for everyone and should be flourishing with orders. Otherwise it’s a failure.

13 Likes

At a greatly reduced (and capped) rate, yes.

You also get the knicknacks for maxing out renowns.

But M+ is the largest source, by far.

did you know the game doesn’t revolve around m+
did you know?

13 Likes

I wish it didn’t, but it does now.

And I believe that the Elemental Potion of Ultimate Power recipe only drops from heroic/mythic raids.

1 Like

well i don’t do M+ and so this is greatly alarming to me.

jk, it’s not.

1 Like

Capping your profession is like reaching max level on your character. Everyone is supposed to cap their profession eventually. What type of question is this :man_facepalming: :clown_face:

This crafting order system killed crafting professions. It’s that simple. People are just gonna quit.

8 Likes

There’s also at least one recipe that drops only from PvP, there are various sources for recipes. But all of those can be bought/sold on the AH as well, I’m not aware of anything that’s exclusive.

You’ll cap it eventually with Darkmoon Faire if nothing else.

4 Likes

Not in DF. :man_facepalming:

DF is very different than prior xpacs.

Every recipe has a skill level to craft. Often times you can break that skill ceiling through an inspiration proc, sometimes only through an inspiration proc. So those extra 20 points may not help you as much as you believe they will.

Some items, you can get the necessary skill to craft at rank 3 just via talent trees if you specced into them.

So will an extra 20 base skill in your profession be helpful? Sure. Is it mandatory? It really depends on what you spec’ed into.

But you need to get that idea, that you must max it at all costs, out of your head. This isn’t every other xpac, it is DF.

1 Like

I have a crazy idea: What if crafting had been designed for crafters and gatherers rather than being just another activity for High Key M+ and Raiders?

It feels very bad that crafting is actually a quite terrible way to engage in crafting. The most successful way by far is to run +16 keystones or higher and just throw gold at the problem until it goes away.

Now, I’m not saying “we should ostracize high key players and raiders” but what if there were actual access to high level crafted good for, idk… crafters who craft and people who wanted to go into crafting because they DONT want to do Keys and Raids.

8 Likes

You also get way more skill points from the specialization trees than from base skill.

Base skill just isn’t as important, this time around.

It is, this is the most involved crafting has ever been.

Well it depends on what you are trying to specialize in.

There are a few items that require 100 prof skill + max trees in a certain way if you want to guarantee R3. Those are some pretty specific use cases though.

I don’t raid or do M+.
I can’t make myself a high level crafted gear.

That’s not great.

It’s certainly COMPLICATED, but I wouldn’t call that involved.

5 Likes

You will never be able to do that, that’s the point of RPG’s: High-challenge activities give high-end rewards.

Sitting in town pressing a button is not a high-challenge activity and never will be.

1 Like

typically, players who don’t engage in group content are gatherers, not crafters. because crafting usually takes some logistics and moving parts beyond a single players’ control or ability.

/someone who mined and built a dreadnaught in EVE by himself.

2 Likes

Everyone should reach 100 in their profession in DF. Stop! The Dev can’t intend for it to be impossible to reach the profession cap. This is very basic stuff.

That’s like saying not everyone should reach max level and be hard stuck at 65. It’s literally BS. Reaching max professions shouldn’t be impossible and this will drive players away faster than anything.

3 Likes

If you get your renowns to 30 you can make 405 item level gear which is the same as what heroic raiders and and M+ 11-15 players get

The system accommodates all styles of gameplay…except maybe PVP. Not sure if they get the crafting tokens.

1 Like