Impossible To Fill Crafting Orders The Failure of the System

I have yet to fill even 1 Crafting order this expansion. I’m stuck at 80 JC. I wasn’t super behind on progression. It’s just this new system only works for the top 1% who got million gold recipes at the start.

Now even those recipes aren’t being filled. There are ZERO crafting orders on a mega server. Literally Zero. I have no way to level past 80 and nothing to craft.

I think the idea of Crafting orders to compliment crafting was a good idea but they went to far and actually destroyed crafting instead. A lot of the Soulbound items you should just be able to craft and list on AH.

I’ve never seen such a restrictive system put in place that hurts 99% of players. I enjoy and welcome the profession overhaul just wish Crafting orders was never implemented.

At least I can enjoy mining. I hate to abandon JC after having it since TBC on my main. Just there is nothing to do with it and no way to possibly ever level it too 100. It’s a real bummer.

Edit - 1/17/23 - I am still stuck unable to reach 100 JC and furthermore now I can’t use any new Knowledge as I need 100 JC to use it. Which means I am completely stuck in progression. Unable to reach 100 and can’t use Knowledge till I do. Worst feeling ever. Please address this or people will just quit due to not being able to progress.

41 Likes

i filled out 5 orders today. my recipes aren’t more than 20k gold max. How does this megachad win at life AND crafting ? DM me for more info.

what did you do with JC last expansion when nobody had any work orders?

5 Likes

There hasn’t been a crafting order for the last 10 days. I go and check, zero. I have nothing to craft for anyone. The only order that pops up is for Elemental Lariat every so often which I don’t have. Reason is everyone already has crafted it and no one even needs that now.

Just wish there were items I could craft and list on AH and skill too 100. There is no way to reach 100 now. It’s a terrible system. You either power leveled at launch and filled crafting orders the first week or none at all.

There is no possible way to fill a crafting order now. The system is flawed and dead.

14 Likes

I’ve had great luck getting orders filled, but yeah, haven’t seen a single one up. I guess they get snatched up pretty quickly. I just use an alt under personal orders to fulfill the weekly quests. I also see tons of requests still going through trade chat. I don’t know, I see the merits in the system, but it definitely seems to need some tweaking. I think tying leveling behind fulfilling orders may have been a mistake.

5 Likes

You can’t really just go and click the search button one time and conclude that no one places orders. When I check it’s usually during prime time. I’ll go and craft my usual blues and profession accessories, you know, stuff that goes on the AH. They still sell pretty well and when I’m finished with that I’ll plop down for about an hour or so and refresh crafting orders while I watch YouTube or read the forums on another monitor. If I didn’t have a second monitor I’d just read trade chat, because it’s just as entertaining.

:dracthyr_nod:

Yea guess you got rig the system. I never have done the weekly quest. I’ve never completed a crafting order. Like how in the heck is this system supposed to be viable if you struggle to complete even 1 order for the expansion. Are the Devs aware of this problem?

11 Likes

I’m certain they’re aware of the situation, whether they consider it a problem or not is another question. I have not heard of any changes coming to the system though.

3 Likes

Ok I can check during primetime. There is 1 Elemental lariat to be filled someone fills it. I’m still stuck. I have nothing to craft and no order to fill for anyone ever. It’s a bad system. I’d be less annoyed by this terrible system “IF” I could just get too 100 Crafting and max out my profession. However I need this terrible system to reach it.

Never seen such a pigeon holed terrible idea and been hard stuck unable to ever max a profession. If I could just ignore this terrible crafting order system it would be one thing.

8 Likes

well, they wanted to create a few reputable profession masters. they said so themselves.

nobody read between the lines that this means there will be many worthless profession masters?

we thought everyone will be special? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Unable to ever reach 100 for your profession is a massive problem. This should be basic stuff “EVERYONE” can attain. It’s literally impossible to reach 100 JC because of a terrible system is in the way. Being stuck at 80 is infuriating.

They need to have other ways to reach 100 without needing Crafting orders.

8 Likes

you act like there is skill involved here lol

5 Likes

Blizzard has access to all of their data.
And they analyze it, at least they say they do.

Here is what I think it almost certainly says:

Most players leveled their crafting skills up to about 50, and then chose to stop engaging with crafting.

Most players checked the crafting order system every day for the first two weeks, never filled any orders because there weren’t any, and then chose to stop engaging with the system.

So, we can say things like “the work orders are a bad system and failed” or the same few people can say “I did a craft order yesterday so it’s fine” but I think that their actual data is going to turn out pretty damning.

19 Likes

indeed. 100/100 skill.

Skill no, but there are definitely people who have build their reputations by providing 5 gem quality at reasonable prices…

and others that everyone knows will try to rip you off and not care.

1 Like

Have an alt send you 2 crafting orders, each on a 12-hour timer, each for 1 Draconic Vial.

2 Likes

op has some valid points and 100/100 skill would not change that

3 Likes

Exactly. The only reason I still check is because some day I hope to max out my profession. It’s just so annoying I have to fill a crafting order and it’s impossible to fill any.

It has to be. Like I could understand if there were 100’s of orders to be filled and I just didn’t have the recipes. However there are ZERO orders to be filled. No one can get past 80 JC now.

Furthermore what if you start playing DF today!! There is absolutely no way for you to engage in or level professions. They are dead now. You missed it.

6 Likes

OP doesn’t have any valid points because like so many others he doesn’t understand what crafting orders are for.

The crafting order system was created so that M+ players could farm BoP mats in dungeons and turn them into crafted 418 ilvl gear even if they don’t have the relevant profession.

That’s why the crafting orders exist.

Everything else flows from that.

The crafting system does not exist for you to get to 100 skill quickly. The crafting system exists to provide crafted items for M+ players.

What did you spec into in JC that you feel you need to cap your profession?

1 Like