Important Information regarding Waterwalking

But you’re getting one from the Anglers for “A significantly reduced price”. We don’t know what that price is yet though. I understand your frustration of having to then go out of your way to buy one for all your alts, but now you’re not stuck with HAVING to use the Water Strider. I think it’s great.

Blizz is thinking about you enough to give you a cheap version because they know you put in the work to get the mount in the first place. And this way you can use a dragon if you want. You’re not stuck with the bug. I like this change.

1 Like

If you’re blood you already have the anti-daze. So you can water walk, move faster, spec blood to not get dazed, and then equip the parachute.

DK’s are going to be OP.

Exactly. I’m not going to mail a piece of BoA equipment to whatever alt I decide to log into just so I can use the mount I earned.

I’m also not going to buy 30 of the things for god knows how much gold just so I can equip it on all of my alts.

Nothing I’ve read in that Wowhead link suggests to me that it’s going to be any different than what I described. They could have left the Strider alone and just made a new piece of equipment for other mounts. But no…let’s just ruin an iconic mount that a LOT of people worked for because reasons.

I wouldn’t trust this team to change a lightbulb.

1 Like

Well, then I guess you won’t be water walking on your alts then. That’s a choice you’re going to have to make, and we all know you’re going to buy the equipment eventually anyway. Coming here and complaining and getting mad because you feel cheated isn’t going to solve anything.

At least Blizz is thinking about you and giving you access to a reduced cost BoA piece BECAUSE you got your mount. They’re recognizing the work you put in in the first place and are rewarding you with a cheap version of the equipment.

Everyone said the same thing when they merged all character mounts into the mount tab. “I worked hard to farm/buy that mount on 10 characters, and now they’re all merged into one… Am I going to be re-embursed for my time/gold?” No… You’re not. And now everyone who ever said that is glad that they now have a merged account wide mount page.

Eventually you’ll get used to not using your strider, and you’ll be glad that you can ride around on your dragon, or your vendor mount at all times.

TLDR: You’ll get over it.

1 Like

You’re right, I will. I have an Xbox and Gold and a lot of games I’ve been wanting to try.

You’re all talk. You know you’ll be back, and you know when this goes live you’ll be pissed for about 3 days and then you’ll get over it and life will go on as it always has.

You’re not entitled to anything. You play the game, and if the game changes, you have to change with it. Water walking is still there. They haven’t taken anything away from you. You’re just upset because other people are getting something out of it. You don’t want anyone else getting a reward. It’s quite childish really.

I guess what I’m saying is… See you next month.

new gold sink gimmick lol. Buy those tokens, so you can stay stockpiled on water walking equipment. Boost those token sales haha.

That and when people blind accept every change they make without thinking of the possible problems it brings if folks were this submissive when flying was removed this game would have been dead.

OH MY GOD I AM SLIGHTLY INCONVENIENCED BY HAVING TO PUT BOOTS ON MY WOLFHAWK HOW DARE YOU. /S

In reality, I like it. No longer feels like I HAVE to grind out anglers rep for one mount that feels almost mandatory, plus the equipments account wide so thats cool. I like it.

Gotta remember folks, forums a salt mine filled with people that like to nag and complain and if you dont agree with the echo chamber circle jerk then you’re automatically a shill.

No it’s not. Pretty sure it’s character based, and it’s like a Gem. If you take it out of the slot it’s dead/gone.

The one from the Anglers is BoA, but I still think it works the same way. It just simply doesn’t immediately soulbind itself to your main when you buy it. That way you can send it to your alts. But as soon as you socket it to your alt, I think it becomes soulbound.