Important Information regarding Waterwalking

You get your 1st one free if you already own the strider. And subsequent ones are purchasable with G from the Anglers rep vendor.

The other 2 we currently don’t know where they come from.

It’s a non-issue.

2 Likes

Now what I would LOVE to see is something to alter the appearance of the Sky Golem. I like being able to collect while mounted, but I think it’s ugly as hell. (and it flies weirdly).

Could be that as well, though gathering is interrupted if your struck by a enemy.

I would like if they did offer a Equipment item to let people gather while mounted, just make it comparable to the Golem in regards to crafting it.

Me too, but realistically, I don’t think that’s going to happen. Golems are too expensive… people with Golems would freak out if that happened.

I…I’m sorry but I just really don’t follow the logic of you guys

How does Waterstrider retaining its baseline waterwalking ability stop people from being able to equip the daze item?

In fact how does Waterstrider retaining its baseline waterwalking ability stop the new items from providing options at all?

1 Like

It doesn’t PREVENT new options. If it retained WW, it would probably be unable to get an equipment, to balance it with the other mounts. There’s no point in having it be the only mount with only the ability to WW, when there are more options.

Having it retain WW would just leave less options for THEM (Striders).

If it retained baseline Waterwalking while being able to equip a mount item, then were back to square one and everyone would still be using it over other mounts because you would get a free equipment perk, making it objectively better than every ground mount in the game for 11/13 classes.

If it’s made baseline and doesn’t get a slot, then it means it’s inherently worse than other mounts since it’s locked into its perk, as opposed to having the option to swap it out if you genuinely like the mount and want a different perk.

That’s my line of logic.

1 Like

But it wouldn’t?

Have it be able to equip an item on top of its Waterwalking, easy

It’s a mount that requires a significant investment of time to unlock and for the majority of peeps that grind was undertaken specifically for the utility

What’s wrong with mounts that require a good deal of time and effort having extra utility? Isn’t that part of the reward for the investment? Isn’t that like the entire point of putting in effort for a reward?

I don’t think there’s anything inherently wrong with it being better than other mounts from a utility perspective. Like I said it’s a reward that requires pretty significant investment to unlock

The current problem is that Waterstrider is the only way to get waterwalking on a mount. I think you’re overestimating how much peeps are liable to “min-max” their mounts

We see through races that outside of a minority the bulk of players will choose a race they find interesting or cool over a race that’s “optimal”

There’s no reason to assume that peeps are going to stick with the Waterstrider if they don’t like the mount just so they can get a second minor improvement. And stuff like daze resistance is minor. I don’t even equip the currently available barding because getting dazed is such a minute inconvenience

If the water strider kept it’s innate ability to waterwalk it would effectivly have two mount equipment slots and therefore, still be the most useful mount. people would still feel they had to use it.
The idea is to take away the waterstriders dominance and give people the choice to use any mount without feeling like they are handicapping themselves.

These forums amaze me, I don’t know how anyone can be against the mount equipment change. It is a great change, now any character can use any mount to waterwalk instead of being stuck with the ugly strider.

2 Likes

Ok, since they are doing stuff like this can we having something “boots of the untamed heavens” or whatever and have flying starting at level 20?

As I said, what makes you think peeps will min-max their mounts to that extent? Especially since all of the potential utility that’s been shown is super minor and nothing that can’t be achieved with other things anyway :woman_shrugging:

Want your mount to e able to water walk and be daze resistant? Equip the boots to your mount and have Resounding Protection on your gear (also happens to be one of the better survival traits)

Want waterwalking and the Saddlechute? Just carry some goblin gliders and equip the boots to your mount

Like, the utility offered by the mount equipment is not gamebreaking stuff yo, waterwalking is honestly the only thing that’s even close to mandatory

Strawman, peeps aren’t against the equipment, they’re against constantly losing things with mediocre at best justification as to why

You would be surprised what people will min max in order to make things easier. I’ve seen many people forgo using anything other then the Striders because their the only Waterwalking option for 11/13 classes.

Blizzard most likely put this system in because they saw mounts like the Striders having drastically higher use rates then other mounts due to their utility, so instead of nerfing them (like they tried to do in Legion) they are making it so that all mounts can have the same utility so that people aren’t pigeonholed into using a mount because it’s better.

Having more options is better then fewer.

Your absolutely right, but that’s because of the value of water walking in places you can’t fly

Honestly, do you see peeps rolling with a Waterstrider if they don’t like the mount just so that they can have a parachute? Or just so that they can be daze resistant?

Obviously daze resistance is more valuable than the parachute, but even then dazing essentially equates to “oh I was dazed, guess I’ve got to use mobility abilities to break the mobs leash or just straight up murder them, that’s a little inconvenient” and as I said if you’re running Resounding Protection on your gear you’re already immune to dazing since damage to shields can’t daze. I mean, how many peeps even use the barding we have available now?

Of course some will, but that’s the minority much like those that min-max racials (which are arguably far more impactful than the likes of the Saddlechute)

And I agree with that premise, as somebody who could never be bothered grinding out the Waterstrider (partially because the mount is uggo) and for years now have had to look on in envy as peeps ran across water on one while I swam like a derp I love the idea of being able to get it on mounts that I actually enjoy

But I’m also growing concerned with this apparent trend where we’re having stuff taken off us and then given justification that just feels pretty subpar (a la portal debacle)

But their not really taking anything away from us with this though, unlike with the Portal room. This is purely a gain across the board, and giving players more options is always a good thing.

I have no idea how someone can think the mount equipments would take anything away, really. It only takes away the need to spend boring amounts of time on old content, to have a benefit and not even like what your benefit looks like.

You make it sound like people that already have it will be mad. Oh, but to get water walking on all mounts you ALSO need that same grind you have already done, so actually, your hard work is STILL paying off. What other argument is there that makes it more logical than not to have Striders keep WW AND get a second ability? To me, there’s none.

Or, you could just equip the water walking gear and it’s literally the same thing? It isn’t a slap in the face. You sound absurd.

They may as well remove the time gated rep grinds for Allied Races and add a gem slot to unlock them too. Same thing.

The mount functioned fine for expansions, there’s little reason to stop it functioning the way it has…

Yes I can put the equipment on it… Then i got to go buy another dozen so my alts can also equip it

Considering the equipment had been mentioned to be bind to account indicates to me that it’s going to be character specific… And I would much rather have the convenient e the mount had provided for expansion instead of having to go out and buy one everytime I want to use it for a new character.

Most people putting up a huff about this would just like it to keep its water walking and be exempt from the equipment the same as the sky golem is being treated.

This is all the information I needed. Crisis averted. And as long as I get that BoA Anglers piece I’m good.

1 Like

My DK says high.

We can cast water walking while mounted, still have the extra 20% movement speed, now I can add the no dazing while mounted and get away from anyone.