Implement a Super Hard mode for all raids (a new option)

Naxx is fairly challenging without WB… The original content was designed with consumes in mind. Horde is already at a big disadvantage without BoK. Not having access to flasks would increase the disparity between alliance and horde. The HP buff alliance has across entire raid vs. horde is extremely significant during progression. Even the extra mana for casters and healers is extremely relevant.

Basically what I’m saying is that these rules just mean everyone will play alliance because horde tanks aren’t surviving patchwerk without flasks unless they farm other wings for weeks. Alliance still probably has a chance.

Well that’s what Robokappa was suggesting, literally nothing outside your own class, mana potions included.

It is a mana intensive fight until people start getting a lot more FrR gear.

Again, we’re talking about class-only skills. Patch is going to take a long time to kill, and Hateful Strike is still going to punish your OTs relentlessly. Call me skeptical that a raid team of 12-14 Healers is going to not require a single potion, dark rune, mana oil, etc.

So no gear? Are quest rewards (buffs included) not technically part of that? If World Buffs are excluded, are all quest rewards excluded?

It seems rather arbitrary. But yeah, if it’s no world buffs or consumes, Loatheb would probably be pretty hard, since you’d need bandages at the very least.

It’s not, really. Just a lot of people that don’t know their toolkits and use mana inefficient heals.

I can keep 5-6 people alive with rank 3 Renew and an occasional rank 1 Greater Heal.

He dies in 2-3m if your team has decent DPS, if not faster. No world buffs? Maybe 4-5m.

A properly geared tank is going to go several swings in a row without taking damage. Proper canceling and precasting will add to healer longevity enough to make it possible.

That’s way too many healers for Patchwerk. With that many, you could actually just rotate them and have some wanding while others heal.

Paladins obviously take forever to go oom, so Alliance has an edge in that regard, whereas Shamans have the exact opposite experience with mana (especially if they’re totem twisting like a good Shaman should).

How did so many of you convince your selves you were going to get a better version of vanilla or a new game entirely? This game and this community is all you are going to get. If that is not good enough for you then you need to find a different game.

1 Like

Its a DPS race, mechanics require a Shadow Protection Pot, Bandages, Tuber/Healthstone

Yeah… and I agree. Arbitrary seems to be the name of the OP and other’s game.

Interesting.

Well I’ll be off-healing tomorrow as Feral in full T2. Should be interesting to see how it goes.

Certain bosses like Patchwerk would be impossible without buffs/consumes. Tanks would get 1shot. Loatheb would be 100% impossible because no shadow prot pots.

Healing shamans should not be totem twisting. It just takes up so many GCDs that it greatly reduces their healing, on top of using a ton of mana on a class that already struggles hardcore with mana.

It entirely depends on what group you’re in. If you’re in a melee group, you should absolutely be totem twisting.

That’s why I said what I did.

Yes, it takes mana, but that’s why you’re in the group. You’re a support healer, not an HPS god. Leave the throughput to the Priests.

All knobs that go to 10 should now go to 11 to make them one better.

sapphiron would be impossible without consumables

1 Like

I don’t think so. Harder, yeah, but not impossible.

Would probably need the raid to have some decent FrR sets all around, though.

For alliance possibly, but not horde. Not a chance healers could sustain sapphiron.

The real hard mode is RNG fickleness, if you are on the bad side of it. Sucks to go literally months without one useful upgrade drop, while others get lucky & are geared up in 2-3 weeks.

Naked only, no clothes allowed.

1 Like

That fight is carried by Priests, anyway, which are available to both factions.

Eh back in Vanilla and EQ we used to do healing rotations to let healers regen mana. We’d just bring that back. Raid comps would change a bit, but it’s totally doable without the consumes.

1 Like

True, a lot of healing is overhealing and with 1.5s casts, folks can sync up properly and layer casts pretty well. Addons would make this even easier to facilitate, especially with WeakAuras.

Preventing all forms of non class buffs would indeed greatly improve the experience.

Got my vote!

1 Like

Yup, super effective on long fights here MP5 and Spirit (WoW) were actually a great stat. I miss real full prot shield tanks.