Imagine your progress being deleted

Ziryus isn’t saying what you think he is. He isn’t saying progressive is bad here lol.

I don’t do the work of multi-millionaires who pride themselves on work in these matters. Besides, material details of such levels as you demand are not appropriate for this venue. What I said stands unabated by the slander you cast at me. I will not comment on this further, as you made it clear that your goal is to assault my intellect with armchair arguments.

my guess is he’s not entirely sober (not necessarily alcohol but something) and, as mentioned, just saying words. Maybe also running through some sort of translation program.

1 Like

Ah, yeah. That makes far more sense.

The punctuation in the sentence I quoted is confusing, to say the least.

“I really hope they don’t progress Classic into BC and we have no option to play Classic, anymore.”
“I really hope they don’t progress Classic into BC , and we have no option to play Classic, anymore.”

See what I mean?

1 Like

Let me re-word it for you. I don’t want Blizzard to progress the already existing Classic Servers into BC without giving us an option to still play Classic SOMEWHERE.

2 Likes

I don’t have to imagine, Marvel Heroes still hurts :sob:

1 Like

My goal isn’t to insult you just to ensure that we all know if you spent as much time with a grade 8 social studies book as you do with a thesaurus then you wouldn’t have to make such obscenely ignorant statements about “legal” and “ethical” ramifications of a private company fulfilling their fiduciary responsibilities.

In a static, classic only world eventually progress without additional content will become impossible.

Expansions are literally the answer to stagnant progression in video games. Classic is a finite world.

You need to follow the thought all the way to completion.

You could choose to play mario 1 and beat it before playing mario 2. In this case that would be the equivalent of rerolling a level 1 character when TBC is released.

OR

You could just start playing Mario 2 using all the PROGRESS you made in your abilities playing Mario 1. Just like taking your 60s that you are invested in into TBC instead of rerolling.

No one is forcing you to lose anything you don’t want to.

I imagine most rank 14’s were mostly doing it for the title in TBC so that would be a slap in the face

1 Like

I agree with that, definitely.

The comma before the “and” made me think the two points were separate, which is… astoundingly horrible. Sadly, there’s people that actually want that, so…

I imagine most Rank 14s were doing it for the gear, actually. I say that as one who did it twice. I’ve experienced two generations, one in Phase 2 and one in late Phase 4 and early Phase 5, and EVERYONE I played with while ranking both times was doing it solely for the gear.

sure but it would be pretty messed up to strip it from people when players got to keep their titles in original tbc

:slightly_smiling_face:

Apologies. I had put the comma there because the sentence after the “and” was a sentence.

1. I’m not one of them, and 2) Those would be the people the OP is referring to/BC Server Players. There are some (not all) that only care about BC and are operating as if said Classic Servers will progress into BC. They don’t care if Classic, itself, continues to exist.

I think you need to just take words at face value and stop deciding you know what people on the internet mean.

There are some (not all) that only care about BC and are operating as if said Classic Servers will progress into BC. They don’t care if Classic, itself, continues to exist.

I would be one of them. I do think there will always be at least 1 classic server though.

Someone go dig up the 15 year old threads where people whined about exactly this. Nothing new here, nothing special here, and certainly nothing groundbreaking here.

Blizzard is damned either way, the community is too divided.

I think the chance of all of the classic servers rolling over to TBC is slim to nonexistant, and that classic servers will remain as classic servers and TBC servers will be a transfer option. A worse but secondary option would be to roll all current classic servers over into TBC and let the classic players transfer off to other classic servers.

To imply that classic will be done away with and replaced with TBC is dumb, and thus I do not respect your take.

/puts this down in her annals of “rarely used words i have witnessed in unusual environs!”

hehe.

2 Likes

agreed, though i’d temper the conclusion, et.al, “dumb”, with a kinder phrase, such as unnecessary worry.

1 Like

Exactly LOL

Hopefully with all of my progress.

This is going to be directed at both you and Ziryus.

This is a false equivalency. This is why IDC if there are fresh BC Servers because (to me) they’re two different games. Yes, BC would be the “Sequel” to Classic, but it’s still a different game. I’ll use an example: Banjo-Kazooie. I much prefer to play its sequel over its original game, but I will play the original game, from time to time. The way the two games function are completely different.

I’ll explain why starting at level 1 (in BC) is different than starting at level 1 (in Classic). Upon the introduction of BC, it completely eliminates the Faction restricted Classes via Paladins to the Alliance and Shamans to the Horde. Starting at level 1 (in BC), we WILL see Alliance Shamans and Horde Paladins. Not only that, we have two additional Races, that weren’t around, in Classic via the Blood Elves and Draenei (which adds not only their Faction Mounts but pre-Outlands Zones). In addition, a new Profession known as Jewelcrafting was non-existent, in Classic.

Finally, the concept of Guild Banks. All of which is NOT required to be level 60 and play in Outlands, for. The pre-level 60 world is completely different, compared to how it used to function, back in Classic. There’s, also, that Eye of the Storm BG (not sure what level you have to be, in order to access that, though).

4 Likes

I do believe you’d keep your progress. I’ve never advocated for y’all to lose your progress. There does seem to be a lot of people who think y’all will lose progress without blizzard saying one way or the other yet.

Essentially, while I don’t care what happens to classic servers I don’t think y’all should be screwed over either. I think at the very least it will be the classic only players who end up moving. Hopefully to a server where you retain your progress and can rebuild your own economy free of inflation.

2 Likes

Welcome to MMOs and expansion packs. The concept is that TBC isn’t WoW2, it’s still just WoW, and if you’re playing WoW then it means playing TBC. Wanting to be stuck in a vanilla stasis is antithetical to the RPG and MMORPG genres. It’s like constantly replaying a save file prior to the last boss; at some point you’d rather move onto a different title if not reset the game and do the full journey one more time. If an expansion were added to that game injecting more content after what used to be the final boss, then there is now more game to play.

Everyone was excited to see a WoW expansion back when TBC was announced because it meant more game to play. The only reason a forever vanilla crowd exists at all is because they personally dislike TBC or later xpacs, and they’re a severe minority. The irony being that the player who only have eyes for vanilla and have played it to death to create the current metas have robbed vanilla of any freedom it held over TBC meta gaming; all that’s different is that vanilla comes with significantly less consequences for failing to follow metas.

You’re not even one of the “seasonal vanilla” people either, you legitimately want the game locked and stagnated at your save file before the final boss. If you don’t want to replay the game or move onto extra content within that game, then maybe play something else.

1 Like