Imagine the logic

Face to face with a dev asking

“I have 5 toons, given I have a week to get them all ready for the raid/arena how much time will I expect to put aside to get there”

Dev - “around 100+ hours for all of them”

Me- “I don’t put more than 40 hours a week at my job and your going to tell me if I want to be ready in a week I need 100+ hours?”

Dev- “yes”

10 Likes

Ehhh. Generally that’s how games work you put time into each character. I’m sorry that in one week you can’t max it?

Don’t be so dramatic.

2 Likes

5 characters lol wow

2 Likes

not really, you can play normal games designed by non-pencil pushers who actually care about delivering a fun game immediately and progress the game
wow requires a massive time investment before you can actually start playing the game

16 Likes

eh its a wonder if ppl actually enjoy playing the game.

Thematically this patch is really cool, and I like when your power level is low and mobs are actually a challenge for a little.

Just feels like a lot of want for instant gratification, its day 1 and folks are mad they can’t complete everything in an hour.

Then same folks (not so much pvpers) complain about a lack of content shrug.

For alts however its a pretty absurd content hurdle for modern gaming

1 Like

u must be new here. anyone who actually plays arenas only plays for arena… we dont give a sht about anything else in the game.

17 Likes

Plenty enjoy more than one side of the game, being required to do one for the other sucks tho.

Blizzard just can’t sit still on experimenting with merging both.

They for the longest time refused to make different coefficients for PvE and PvP because it would “confuse players”

but every expac add or take resilience, templates, scaling, pvp power w/e

Really wish I could be a fly on the wall in their conference meetings

2 Likes

I have 20 level 120’s and I love multi-classing and playing them all in arena…Woops.

1 Like

Noone expects you to have 5 characters max prepared for 1st week of arena/raid. The game isn’t designed around mythic raiders in this regard.

100% agree, they want to sit in the capital and press join arena as the only form of content. I get not wanting to grind pve for gear, that much makes sense but cmon, you can’t be bothered to just play the new patch content?

The word massive is even in the genre of game. It’s an MMO. Again this is to be expected. It’s significantly less work than it use to be.

I fail to see the concern here. Just whining.

yeah, massive waste of time

4 Likes

That’s because WoW hasn’t been able to give us real content in a long time now. It’s all just rehashed “kill x creature, save x people, gather x resource”, rinse repeat. That’s not content, that’s chores.

You know what content was fun as hell and was actual content? Legion Mage tower.

6 Likes

Meanwhile, people in the general discussion forum are just glad they get to play a fox :confused:

5 Likes

Meanwhile, my new fav twitch streamer trillbartom is 100% mutilating people with 400 ilvl and only gearing through PvP and world quests.

PvE gearing is not keeping people away from their goals. Being a toxic PoS that leaves after a 1 loss 1 win, then whispering your DPS how much trash they are.
Ya know, instead of just playing 50 games and winning 35 out of 50.

Good luck getting instant gratification North Americans to do that.

5 Likes

You don’t understand. Doing flips gives you power

Ask any nelf

1 Like

I once got 10 in a row on my level 11 nelf and instantly boosted to level 100. True facts.

Real talk, putting a camp in Vale and hearth in Uldum let’s you go back and forth nicely during this early grind

I think it’s ok they give us a lot of content to do. I don’t think it’s ok when the content is extremely painful to do a second time.

I feel like if my character’s abilities did 90% of my damage instead of traits, essences, trinkets, corruption, and gear procs then doing the content a second or third time wouldn’t be so bad because you’d see your power level actually grow.

Cant wait to see this power in play in some queues soon. Hoping to see some big dam