Imagine No DMG Meters

I don’t see how excusing people for playing badly and promoting bad play helps anything

8 Likes

that would be way more stressful for me.

Me: “Guys, we aren’t hitting the dps check for this fight, any idea why?!”
Dps Mage: “Not sure… I’m using all my buttons…”
Dps DH : “I am the walrus.”
Dps Hunter: “This glue tastes funny.”

For a lot of content, meters don’t matter. For some though… they are a requirement.

8 Likes

Fully agree and that’s why I’ll never raid higher end in 14.

1 Like

There would be a new tool to judge people’s ability to perform.

The problem is, I don’t want to be making up for DPS mistakes. I want to know who’s getting a free ride so they can be removed. Performance matters when doing more than LFR, and DPS/HPS charts aid in that ability to assess the situation and improve the next pull. It wouldn’t make people nicer; it would turn into finger pointing, just like in Overwatch right now.

1 Like

agreed its why i stopped playing it, it was a fun game wile it lasted tho

2 Likes

Oh yea the story is amazing and if you just play for the story it’s a staggeringly long single player game lol.

1 Like

I wonder what the game would be like if they made meters against the ToS and made the group finder not show player names, just ilvl and class.

If they weren’t a thing someone would make one, just like they have going all the way back to EQ2, maybe even titles before that.

People who want to perform well will always want the tools to help them do so.

1 Like

Horrible.

1 Like

Please no, there is no way to judge the week link and who is getting carried.

The DPS. The DPS is getting carried on the backs of healers and tanks doing a thankless job. You’re welcome.

2 Likes

Tanks and Healers are just my pets that help me kill stuff.

2 Likes

It encourages competitiveness regardless. Competitive people are very often not as cooperative as those than aren’t competing.

1 Like

Only people against meters, are the players who get called out for bad dmg, just learn your class and rotation. Not hard ti nit be bad or considered a carry in this game.

People would just have to figure out what went wrong on their own.

Other way around buddy! You help ME kill stuff, and I keep you alive only as long as you’re doing that.

Oh look at me, I’m a DH and I can roll my face on my keyboard and be at the top of the fun meter while I ignore mechanics because I have the health of a tank, dur, dur, dur

was talking about FFXIV, but no i get you for sure

I play without it so wouldnt change a thing. But all I do are lfr and arenas

That’s not true for every guild I’ve been in. Sure we competed with each other on the meters but the end goal was to kill the boss. Putting the whole puzzle/dance together, high dps and mechanics feels great.

2 Likes

But the people complaining about meters can’t figure out what went wrong with meters.

If you are confusing a goblin shaman with a dh, I am worried about you being able to keep me alive.