Imagine healing a +15

Could you even imagine how cool it would be if monks could heal a +15 or higher? That would be so fun and then I wouldn’t need to level alts while I wait for my favorite class to get fixed.

15 Likes

I hit 2400 on my MW the other day. MW hps is fine, but they could use some tuning.

Major complaints:

1. Faeline needs no CD!!! They NEED to take it off it’s CD!! The single biggest issue I have is having faeline not proc before the tank has dragged the mobs off the faeline, or I have to run over to the other side of the room, or dodge aoe, or chase down idiot dps… or… or… There’s so much movement in M+ that relying on a proc simply means when it’s not up you’re SOL!!
  2. Tracking 3 buffs just to heal is ridiculous. Ancient concordance, ancient wisdom, and faeline-whatever-its-called-buff all need to be rolled into 1. I have enough things on weak aura to track as is…

Minor gripes:

1. Single target dps is surprisingly low for a spec who’s utility is dps. FW should (at least) be at the same level as tanks for dps.
  2. Essence font doesn’t scale well. It has a high cost, CD, and is channeled, so it needs to be more than a ‘make vivify remotely worth casting’ spell. It’s great in keys up to around +10, but then it starts to fall behind.
  3. Mastery is crap for fistweaving. Make it scale abilities we actually use.
  4. I hate enveloping mists… they need to stop trying to cram it and soothing mist down our throats. I kick and punch things, or I run around, I don’t sit still and channel… ever.
  5. Dampen magic and dampen harm should just be 2 charges of the same thing (like roll, which is awesome btw). Just a waste of keybinds when we already have so many to deal with.
  6. Talents are a mess, with many useless one’s gating necessary ones. And no one likes the capstones/statues.
13 Likes

Congrats! That’s impressive. Ive sort of plateaued at 14s. Ive switched between faeline builds and more old school casting. Both fail miserably when the team starts taking mass aoe. Or I have to stop to channel and save the tank then die in swirlies.

It’s really hard to know what’s going wrong without more info, but as it stands throughput may be the single thing we absolutely do not struggle with at all in m+.

Like, half of possible dungeon pulls can literally be healed by spamming SCK in faeline.

3 Likes

Mana management and lack of aoe healing to keep groups up

Skill issue. MW can deff heal over 15’s

15 Likes

Technically you can just track one of those buffs, AC and AF are the tied together with the same duration and trigger while faeline is tied to the ability CD.

2 Likes

I have a feeling a class tree rework is coming to MW eventually.

2 Likes

I understood what you meant generally, but what I mean is that it’s not really possible to understand how you’re playing without videos or logs. Either way, what generally is happening when I hear that complaint is one of two things: not trusting ancient teachings, or not using CDs frequently.

Ancient teachings is way more powerful than people want to give it credit. In keys that aren’t 20 or above, I find that my overall vivify count rarely passes 20 because ancient teachings is doing the rest of the healing work. When it’s doing that much, mana is basically not an issue at all.

As for sheer aoe healing, gift Chi-Ji is literally the greatest 1minute of all time. Every minute, you get 12 seconds of your party being basically immortal.

1 Like

Youre a goof. Im the most talented and skilled man alive.

I can offer some suggestions, but there’s no ‘silver bullet’.

In a single target scenario (like a boss fight) generally you’re playing ‘hokey-pokey’ in M+. Run in, run out, run back in, shake it all about, etc… RM and faeline as you’re running in. RSK when available, tiger palm → BoK otherwise. When needing to move/transition/clear thundering use essence font as you’re running around or recast renewing mist. RSK is really your bread and butter here and does a TON of healing when you get enough haste (and yes, haste is amazing because more RSKs). RSK proccing and refreshing RM is amazing as you can easily get it rolling on your entire group without casting, and every vivify heals everyone with RM, it’s just a ton of splash healing. Also this rotation will regen mana.

On an aoe pull toss RM and faeline as you’re running in. Spam spinning crane like your life depends on it. If you need even more hps Rushing Jade Wind (ya that talent no one uses, it’s actually really good) is great on the aoe packs (Nok, RLP, TJS).

Then I ‘weave in’ various other abilities as the scenario demands.

Vivify is great for a spot heal, but remember to cast essence font before you vivify for the double gusting/mastery proc, and can be spammed in a pinch to good effect (Hyrja, Tempest) provided RM and EF are up. It’s healing is good (again IF RM and EF are up) just a mana drain so try not to get stuck spamming for too long, you will OOM.

Sheilun’s Gift is good, but quirky as it only hits 3 targets. But if you essence font then shielun’s, its a TON of healing. Great again for things like tempest, hyrja, etc… (big aoe) but even better next patch as it’s getting buffed ALOT.

Revival is stupid powerful, but don’t forget it also has an aoe debuff. So like on the last boss of temple if you’re falling behind on dispels, etc…

Make sure you have Chi-Ji ready to go on those boss fights where things go crazy, and don’t forget it gives you immunity to movement impairing effects. Umbrelskul aoe slow, Crawth’s wind phase, Teera/Maruk’s wind, Melidrussa, Kyrakka, etc… There are a lot of movement impairing effects that can be ignored for 25s with Chi-Ji. Timing Chi-Ji is key to making it through those crazy dmg phases.

Spinning crane kick can often be used where normal RSK/BoK can’t (aoe where you’re too close) since it has a longer range than either two.

I’ve only ever used soothing mist on Liu Flameheart in TJS. When she starts to cast serpent strike, roll back, sooth and then hit EM/Vivify to top up tank.

So, for example, on a fight like tyrannical Fenrir. I’ll start with RM+faeline as we’re pulling. Some punching/kicking, lust here is great because it means TONS of RSKs and RM on everyone. Adds come it, spinning crane kick. Start to weave in Rushing Jade Wind (as bleeds are probably up). Fenrir aoe’s, EF/insta-cast vivify. Fenrir chases 1st guy, chase, spam RM/EF as needed, re-cast faeline when fenrir comes to stop/tank has repositioned. Pop Shei’lun or Chi-Ji here, back into kicking/punching. When people are getting low pop the other (Shei’lun or Chi-Ji). 2nd fenrir chase, things are getting dicey, be ready with cocoon, reapply RM/EF as positioning, perhaps hit another vivify, hit faeline, then RJW again, punch/kick and hover over Renew for that 1 last big healing blast. Don’t forget dampen harm if you’re low before he does his aoe swipe.

The only 2 fights I dread on tyrannical are Hyjra and Azureblade. Hyrja because there is some RNG as to when quaking/thundering/chain lighting hits. You can do everything right, and still come up short, at least in my experience. Azureblade is hard because its easy to outrange your dps so punching/kicking/SCK doesn’t reach them, spamming RM/EF/vivify works but you can easily oom, and stopping to cast sheilun is both dangerous (long cast), might not hit who you want (only 3 targets), and has funny range issues. If your dps isn’t stupid Azureblade is usually not a HUGE problem, but Hyrja is just a $%&^.

1 Like

An ability which is reset on a proc. So you’re still tracking 3 different abilities/buffs/CDs no matter how you cut it. This is silly. I have enough to worry about interrupting, dodging aoe, healing, dispelling, dpsing, etc…

Taking the CD off faeline and rolling all 3 buffs into 1 would remove a lot of the ‘noise’ without affecting actual gameplay. Also, no one wants to channel EF every 15s when faeline is still up and I haven’t moved, even if you cut it short it’s still a waste of a GCD/mana.

should probably clarify that this is only relevant when you are leaving melee. if you aren’t leaving melee, you can continue to just dps heal as you move.

it’s actually really not good - it’s tuned for 6 targets (and is weak in that context). in 5 targets, it’s already almost a waste of a gcd but more importantly it takes away mist wrap, which is basically just a buff that says “chi-ji heals 10% more.” Given that the situations you might decide RJW is worth pressing are pretty much exclusively overlapping with chi-ji windows (very very large aoe dmg), it’s hardly a trade worth making.

Everything else is solid though. Thanks for taking the time to write it

Okay, your talking about AT; I thought you meant the three direct buffs related to faeline.

It’s better than I think people realize. It’s well worth the GCD in between RSKs/SCK spam. Its one of those, works better in practice than it looks on paper, skills, at least IMHO.

Also I spec a bit different in that I don’t take enveloping breath. For raids it’s probably better to take enveloping breath, but for M+ I don’t find it all that useful (at least until next patch when it gets buffed). Chi-ji already dumps a ton of healing. The problem have with Chi-ji is that mechanics (quaking, aoe, phase transitions, thundering, spiteful, etc…) can force you out of melee range, and then he’s basically wasted.

I healed up to 19s on both my druid and my monk. I actually enjoy my monk more, and my monk has higher hps. The thing is monk is more quirky and has some very rough edges. I think the core of fistweaver is good, but the devs need to take some time and smooth it out. Rarely do I find myself lacking raw hps on my monk, but rather lacking consistency or predictability.

Interesting. Thanks for the tips!

I do it. What’s your issue exactly?

1 Like

15s are easy to heal.

It’s 20s on tyrannical that are the pains to heal.

1 Like

Lol I was healing +15s even before Sheilun was introduced.

MW after the recent buffs feels amazing.

2 Likes

So far up to 17s healing as a MW I haven’t felt I’m lacking in heals that’s for sure.

I know MW is frowned on by the FWers, but I feel like I have more control over my healing for the content I’m doing. I’m also not dependent on being in melee range, or being in an all melee pug having to run out for quaking every 20 seconds and losing healing.

Yulon is crazy powerful for the “healing check” bosses and is up for every Hyrja storm and NO elemental energy phase.

5 Likes