Imagine being an artist

So what if the Transmog was locked behind a months long grind, or a Raid -PvP achievement.

What’s the point of this post? The artists are employed by Blizzard and earn a salary. They are expected to make this because it’s their job. You know what happens if you don’t do your job? You get fired.

They don’t own a etsy or fiver account making art on the spot. Why are you defending a multi-billion dollar company that laid off 800 staff while boasting about record profits.

Shameless.

4 Likes

“IF” how many people do you think are into paying 6 months at once? lol. Do you think blizz is just gifting stuff ? obviously they do this promotions because in general people end up giving them more money for it.

1 Like

Tell me where it says everyone has to see a work of art the same way and I’ll say that’s a load of dookus.

What I like, what you like, what someone else likes is entirely subjective. I can say a mog is bad because I think it’s bad. Opinion is sort of all about that, y’know.

1 Like

To be honest,an artist takes criticism all the time though most are not too offensive some do hit home,the transmog they created is one good example and is a college of what wow already has in their files,so yes it isn’t original material ,they’ll have to take it regardless.

You haven’t read this thread then:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/purchase-a-6-month-subscription-and-get-a-new-transmogrification-set/689526

I don’t think that is the case for WoW. They make expansions 2 or 3 at a time. That means that they start working on assets long before they end up in our hands.

Unsubs tend to occur a couple months after an expansion releases for a number of reasons like if people think it sucks ect ect, if they get a 6 month sub then they already have their money. Also this helps them boost their quarter numbers. It’s a net gain for blizzard, they aren’t just gonna lose profits.

1 Like

Let’s split the difference here and say it takes you 15 hours.

That means on a 40 dollar commission you are making $2.67per hr.

Something seems a bit wrong here because you would make more money working a drive up at Wendy’s.

1 Like

They sure are making incredibly wild claims, I’m sorry you’re getting heat.

It’s best to not let those being toxic get under your skin. You have a valid point after all.

1 Like

Blizz artists are on a salary with “honor points” bonuses.

What a disgusting take. When you do art for a game, you get loose guidelines of what they want and then you draft until everyone is happy with the result. To say artists aren’t artists because they’re following guidelines is so gross and insulting. You’re basically calling artists sellouts if they find job security. Get out.

1 Like

A lot of artists do both.

The one thing I agree with the OP is that commissioned artists get crapped on for asking what they’re worth.

Very few professional artists survive on their commissioned art alone.

3 Likes

Idk if those artists in Pixar would like being called sellouts.

1 Like

I’m probably older than you but ok.

No, they don’t pay artists more. Also, people have already paid for the game and have a subscription. Your argument is invalid and awful.

1 Like

Sounds like they ought to unionize because that is unacceptable pay.

You don’t understand what a commission is?

1 Like

This is pretty dumb lmao.

A 5 y/o’s vision of what art is.

3 Likes

And yet you’re acting like these artists are children unable to handle criticism. These forums are TAME as heck (they have to be) but even if people didn’t get banned for using naughty language being an artist isn’t all “OMG it’s so wonderful!”. It has nice elements but it also has a lot of rather “meh” such as the chest and legs which look more like PJ’s than any fey dragon theme.

1 Like