I'm very sad about paladins

wait wut. I was hearing some ret’s in one of my guilds talk about how its busted rn. Strongest dps class but things might change or have changed since? Interesting.

1 Like

I tried it on beta and the thing felt like a power house with all the proc and ability reset talents.

SL ret there were times i literally had nothing to push. Df made me interested in ret again

2 Likes

I mean looking at the list of class specs above average dps through most expansions paladin are at the bottom percent all the time…ret is not beaten in that % by survival hunter now…let that sink in

Survival hunter a spec most don’t play is higher in above average parses on the meters then paladin for all of wows life so far.

Beware of the difference between DPS and quality of design. It is entirely possible for a spec to have very good damage but feel terrible to play.

Also remember that DPS is easy to adjust and that Blizzard, for many years now, keeps Ret right at the mid-point in terms of DPS. Thus if the spec doesn’t feel good to you, there’s no point playing it.

4 Likes

In this game, there are certain things that are sort of the word of god, and they need to stay that way. Every time they aren’t, nerf or buff bats are swung swiftly.

One of such laws is that Ret needs to suck. There’s no way around it, Ret needs to suck. It can be allowed to be the noobs killer spec in PvP, though.

Holy and Prot, however, will probably be alright. I don’t have the beta, so I don’t know their current state, but we often hear doomsaying about them in the development phase, but when the seasons start, they do just fine.

Ret’s cleave/aoe potential is pretty insane on the beta, I don’t hate the consecration enhancers either, PvE wise.

I wouldn’t sound so glum, OP.

1 Like

I admire your optimism lol

HPal main here, with Beta access, in PvP holy is borderline unplayable, in PvE melee is fine but ranged feels terrible.

1 Like

I can’t relate to people stressing over what class they should play for the next expansion, and it seems a lot of people do this each time.

Nah, prot’s not sounding too hot last time I looked.

On the upside if I’d wanted to bail on pally I can go to my #2 guardian… Oh wait…

What is the issue exactly? Is it numbers? Missing skills? Clunky?

The talent trees and pre launch event are available to everyone now on the normal ptr. It’s what I was doing before beta inv. Copied characters and running ZM and such with new builds.

While I want pally to be good, Ive been playing pally for 20 years so it wont change anything. I even played prot in vanilla having no clue as I did. I was in the tank group with devo. I remember saying to GL they are making prot viable tanks come BC and lo and behold we were massively improved.

so youre quitting your paladin becaue no dev has spoken about it?

:joy:

Ha.

1 Like

So much this, these forums are a cesspit of crying man children.

The truth is that all of the classes are in a pretty decent spot design wise and this expac so far is looking to be very promising. Nothing is perfect and there are always ways things can be improved but things are actually in a pretty decent spot atm.

Worthless response. Elaborate?

On the beta raid testing, Ret is the strongest DPS spec in the game right now, but that will likely change with tuning. In terms of gameplay, it’s actually more active than now, with HP generation much higher via consecration. I’m having fun with it, but the lack of any unique group utility will mean than unless you’re really good, a raid group doesn’t really have a reason to bring you.

Worthless post to begin with.

None of the 3 specs are happy, if anything ret is slightly ahead of the other 2.
So I’m not sure where you got “I think it’s just ret that’s being complained about”

You really are a Neanderthal. Lol.

I was engaging in conversation while you… just were you. You know? Without that edgy little response, you can be an adult.

Was it really that hard for you?

Ret and Holy players are very unhappy.

Protection? Not really and if they are…I don’t think they know what they’re talking about tbh. They’re gaining insane power.