I'm very sad about paladins

From what I’ve been reading, paladins are not in a very good spot in the beta.
I was all hyped up for playing ret/holy for the first time since WoD season 2… but now I just don’t want to anymore.
The consencration playstyle is just glug as well as I’m worried they’ll be absolutely horrible in all content.
So now my canadites are DH, DK, or Druid.

9 Likes

Yeah me too. I decided to just move on to something I find more fun as most other classes have seen improvements compared to what they had in DF.

3 Likes

Tried to insert the first time meme but it wont let me :frowning: so…

First time as paladins guys?

3 Likes

I really feel you on this, my main jas been ret for years. Im just sick of every xpack beginning like this for ret, again and again. the lack of professionalism with communication after asking for feed back is just a slap in the face to the 1,000 plus ( by the time i post this) people who have
given feed back has either been ignored, or just not cared about.

But as ret this isnt the first time this has happened ( cant speak for other specs never played them)

We where promised better communication and direction, this was a lie for paladins and puts the nail in the coffin for me. ( B rez wont be applicable)

There was no direction for the many many people who gave some of the best feed back ive seen on forums.

Honestly like the rogue and demonhunter dev/designer at least responded even atleast apologizing for the lack of response (probly cause they where working on two classes and 5 specs on their own, so props to them)

The paladin dev not a word or atleast recently ( especially for ret in my case)

Just exstremly disheartening and disappointing.

I know not to waste my time and effort into a class where the dev is doing the same to their client base its just sad.

So ive deleted and said my goodbyes to my paladin and picked up my dh again and im absolutely loving it. Know quite a few paladins go8ng to other classes. We Lost confidence and trust in not just the designer but future communication with that particular dev/class team.

So dont feel bad for switching or wanting to, some have already done so.

I would recommend trying out dh, rogue or warrior they all are pretty good and honestly fun :slight_smile:

I went with dh havoc, try it out mate m8ght be what your looking for. Good luck and safe travels

5 Likes

Holy looks insanely fun to play (numbers tuning aside).

This might be the first expansion ever I don’t switch characters.

Oo nice :slight_smile: atleast there are some enjoying that so thats good atleast. Still up set with lack of communication but im glad that still are some enjoying the class

Idk about ret and prot buy holy just gets… everything, every covenant, every leggo, every current talent, the good stuff from ret and prot and the stuff they couldn’t take now. The tree is so good.

This is also from a healer pov so getting dps is a + where I could see ret getting healing is lame.

But yeah idk how the numbers will be but I was almost 100% sure I’d be playing preservation as it’s new and I’ve healed on every healer, until I saw the holy tree.

OP all i can say that if your conclusions come from what you saw in the talent tree changes, then i can understand you and pick something that fits more your playstyle.

But if it comes from reading people in the forums, they i would recommend you to not take them seriously, all people do here is complain and a lot of the time with no reasoning behind.

1 Like

@Arriniti- nice that is good to hear for holy thats awesome news for atleast holy. Hopefully thats done for ret and prot someday.

@Pacoh-

Honestly that is really good advice, i myself have looked at rets tree and tested in beta and im not thrilled at all.

However that (again) is really good advice, OP take what pacoh said and look at the tree and if you have beta access ( or even jump on ptr) and test it out for your self.

Much like Arriniti stated, maybe a certain spec or style is suited better to you then I. An honestly that would make me feel better that there are people enjoying it.

Unfortunately its just not for me anymore

Ret is the only melee that has to talent into baseline mobility. The class tree is full of abilities that should be baseline. Most of our core kit has been broken into multiple talent nodes.
We’re still stuck with broken talents from several expansions ago. And if that weren’t bad enough they’re starving our resource generation which was an absolute nightmare during cata.

And while ret is bad they’re leaving other specs in a bad state. Almost a thousand posts of in depth feedback and it was outright ignored.

2 Likes

I think it’s just ret that’s being complained about… they do see strong from what I’m seeing, I’ll check them out later to confirm.

We should also blame the fact that each class should have 1-3 devs on it and not one dev per class let alone one dev per 2-3 classes. This is ridiculous and poor management on Blizzards part in order to save money for bobby kotics 10th yacht!

4 Likes

Good thing for OP and tbh everyone, is that we gonna get a prepatch which will let everyone at least give it a try to all the changes with the specs they are interested.

I would recommend everyone to at least read the changes or use a tool like WoWhead Dragonflight talent calculator to give themselves an idea on the specs they are interested and obviously try to confirm if they like as soon as prepatch hit (if they got Beta access even better).

1 Like

Same, glad to hear the pre patch will be soon.

ive been looking at those talent trees for months waiting and hoping. Lol im even doing it now. Just studying the changes inside and out.

Thats what helped me make a decision, so honestly what you said was really good advice

Ah so i’m no the only one who keeps looking at the talent tree’s every day as i pretend i’ll be happy soon as i get to play mah with them in game. My brother thinks i need help… but its shadowlands that needs help!

2 Likes

LMAO, yay im not the only one.

My gf laughs at me sometimes about that lol.

Its good to hear I’m not the only one lol

1 Like

my gf wouldn’t laugh but she would be worried from how much time i spent on those >_>, my brother does laugh though :frowning:

I would say use your holy powers to smite them, but… you know being starved an all you may have to wait to build it up. But hey you can shake your fist at them in the mean time lol

1 Like

Paladin was my main from wrath to halfway of shadow lands. They’ve been rather reliable even in the worst of spots so “first time” in a subjective view doesn’t contribute much. Only time i disliked them was when inquisition had a short timer and balancing holy power

1 Like

Don’t read too much of the negativity. Paladins are actually great now and getting better in DF. You can build your retribution paladin into more choices.

You want to be more of a support holy warrior? you can talent into blessings etc.

You don’t like using those blessing that just clutters your hotbars like me? We can now skip some of those blessing talent and opt for more offense talents.

Blessing of Sacrifice though is great in DF because of the upgrade it gets on another node so I will probably still take that one.