I'm Unsubscribing and here's why you should too

Well, servers in Vanilla weren’t meant for 3,000 total active players either. There were 7.5 million subs at the end of Vanilla, if the servers only had an average of 3,000 players per server, there would have been 2,500 servers.

2,500 servers? It’s lit

There were bots for the entirety of Classic. The price jump was not because of bots; that was because of increased consumables demand. You don’t get nearly 60% monthly inflation rates even with bots spamming gold farms.

Take a look at OTHER resources. Everything used to make consumables used in Naxxramas spiked in price at the EXACT SAME TIME. This was not the result of botting; it was the result of demand.

Botting would drive down the prices of the goods by flooding the market with them, or at worst only marginally increase the prices via gold inflation.

Look at the inflation rate for other resources. Over the course of a year, prices only raised 50%, yet jumped another 50% literally over night. You think that is because bots all suddenly appeared at the exact same date? Come on, don’t be dishonest.

Speaking of dishonest, way to cut out the rest of my post. Here, I’ll quote it again since you’re being a dishonest little rat and trying to paint me as a supporter of bots:

“… won’t be as detrimental to my experience.” Nice try. I’m trying to explain why I would want to play TBC even though the number of bots would be the same.

I was NOT suggesting that they don’t have an impact on my experience, at all, nor was I suggesting they don’t have an impact on my experience in Classic.

Nice strawman, you disingenuous little rat.

Maybe read what I actually said before misrepresenting my argument.

Show me where I said they were good for the game. Oh wait, you can’t.

6 Likes

Oh that’s nothing. I saw the same BL fly hack for over a month. Now, of course, there’s a slew of new ones.

2 Likes

Why do people act like bots/hacks are NEVER reported? "Did you report them? You must not have reported them."

Because reporting works so well…

4 Likes

Generally speaking, bots that herb etc generally lower the price of resources.

Plaugebloom’s price has increased because its more relevant in phase 6 for consumables were previous phases you didn’t need nature protection pots etc.

Blizzard has been taken action, though not enough they need more GM’s, but bots will always be in the game so long as it is profitable.

Its like DDOS attacks you can try and prevent them but you will never prevent all of them.

1 Like

If you would have actually quoted his entire post or read it in its entirety then you would not have made such a ridiculous reply. He stated why it doesn’t effect him and also that he doesn’t condone botting and wished Blizzard had a more active role fighting them.

You literally pulled a CNN on his post.

2 Likes

We started classic wow with population sizes of about 25,000, hence the name Mega Server. The servers all had layering and people were everywhere. It isn’t a random number being thrown around but a number reported on by multiple addons and also consensus addons.

To be fair, to pay is to condone…just a little. Im currently guilty of the same but starting to consider a boycott, preferably organized…

And not because it directly affects me, but because it would be the right pro-consumer-support-your-fellow-non-gold-selling/buying-player thing to do.

Blizzard could just vend the components, or adjust recipes, too.

Started is a lot different from now. We’re discussing current events, not population sizes from over a year ago. If you scan the most densely populated servers now, you’re going to come up with drastically different numbers.

If you take a second to look at the OP’s post history, you’ll discover that they don’t actually care about anything you say, because they don’t actually listen.

Now to my next point. Who would like to take bets that this person “unsubscribing” will be here posting again probably on the daily for the next forever. People who make posts about quitting, never actually quit.

2 Likes

Still a relevant idea though. The original game was not meant to host more than 5,000 players. Whether it’s the start of classic or 2 years later, the point remains the same regardless of the nitpicking you want to do with the fine details. The idea remains the same. The servers are over populated when compared to the design of the original game with regard to population sizes.

I know I repeated myself but I obviously had to for clarity otherwise it would’ve been misconstrued once again.

Right now? A few servers at most. This isn’t nitpicking, this is reality.

I’m not paying the botters, though.

I pay taxes, but the cops don’t catch all criminals. Does that mean I’m condoning criminals?

3 Likes

How?..nevermind. I’m not spelling this out for you AGAIN. Just stop focusing on the numbers and look at the main idea.

Eh, nope.

God help you the day they actually do stop caring about bots. Folks like yourself try to give the impression they’re doing nothing because the bots you see don’t disappear immediately.

Does anything in life actually work like that? If you see a speeder, does that mean the cops don’t care about speeding?

"I am surrendering my driver’s license, and here’s why you should too. Cops don’t care about speeders, because I saw one, and the next day, I saw the same dude again. Disgraceful."

Obviously not. Criminals will always exist no matter how hard we combat them, and people not in the business of fighting the crime have absolutely, positively no idea how difficult or involved it may be to fight said crime.

It’s fairly short-sighted to think you know better how to deal with these things. Report and move on. Obviously your method of “receive report, immediately ban reported account,” doesn’t work.

Why do I say that? Because I have common sense, and that would be the first way I personally would deal with bots. There must be a reason they don’t do it that way, otherwise they would do it that way. I could get into the actual reasons but honestly, it bores me. The reasons are there, use Google-fu.

Critical thinking. Dig it.

4 Likes

Pot, kettle. We weren’t talking about the server population and issues from over a year ago. You interjected with something completely irrelevant to the current conversation.

Goodbye & your mindless posts here on the forums will be in no way missed. Please don’t come back & may you find somewhere else to post all you complaints & whines. AMF…

1 Like

More like:

"I’m going to choose another street to drive on because this road is full of speeders, drunk drivers and cops refuse to monitor it."

Oof what a bad take

1 Like