I'm Unsubscribing and here's why you should too

Blizzard won’t ban the bots in Silithus. It would literally take a GM 2 hours to ban all the bots in Silithus. But I’ve literally seen the same hunter bot in Silithus there for the last 24 hours. And Blizzard just does nothing.

What is the message here?

That you reward people who Bot and cheat in the game?

Disgraceful.

28 Likes

Delete your gold before you do.

2 Likes

How else are people going to pay for Gdkp’s? I’m sure alot of people earn gold the correct way, but # 1 way of earning gold now is Gdkp. Which in a large part is provided by gold buying.

Who is going to grind 10k gold when you can buy it for 170$ and pay to win the game?
TBH I’m really looking forward to TBC but i hope they gold reset and tame bots for the games sake.

5 Likes

TBC will be no different, Bots everywhere and the same players buying gold for GDKPs. Classic has become Pay 2 Win. I’ve reported so many bots and weeks later, they are still there. I’m canceling 4 accounts, 2 of mine and 2 my wife has.

13 Likes

“TBC will be no different, Bots everywhere and the same players buying gold for GDKPs. Classic has become Pay 2 Win. I’ve reported so many bots and weeks later, they are still there. I’m canceling 4 accounts, 2 of mine and 2 my wife has.”

If TBC has the same amount of bots as this game does why even bother playing TBC lol

Because people botting doesn’t really have a huge impact on what I personally enjoy in the game: raiding and PvP.

In TBC, the reliance on consumes is far lesser (seeing as there’s far fewer consumes to bring in the first place), so bots flooding the economy with resources and inflating the economy won’t be as detrimental to my experience. No one will be botting arenas, so I won’t see them there, and I obviously won’t be inviting any bots to my raids.

TBC won’t do anything to get rid of the bots, but their influence is weakened.

To be clear, I don’t condone botting whatsoever, and I wish Blizzard would do more to address the botting problem, but even in Classic, bots don’t really ruin the game for me personally, because farming herbs isn’t what I play WoW for.

4 Likes

“Because people botting doesn’t really have a huge impact on what I personally enjoy in the game: raiding and PvP.”

ugh, yes it does

before bots the price of plaguebloom was 85 gold per stack, now the price of plaguebloom is 130 gold per stack (with fly bots and cheaters).

If you think bots are good for the game you’re delusional

7 Likes

That’s the way the real world works also. Corruption, greed & sociopathic behavior is both celebrated & rewarded.

16 Likes

Can I have your stuff?

Have you reported them?

“That’s the way the real world works also. Corruption, greed & sociopathic behavior is both celebrated & rewarded.”

this isn’t the Blizzard I knew from 2005, this is a downgrade, honestly, and that’s an understatement

12 Likes

Let me preface this by saying that I am not at all defending Blizzard and their enforcement of the rules, they have paid so little attention to classic it’s embarrassing.

However, this is what appears to be the last in a series of obnoxious threads where OP complains about the lack of available resources on her megaserver and proposing ridiculous changes to the game.

OP’s been complaining on the forums for months about the lack of resources on her server. However, you can’t blame that entirely on bots when 20,000 people pile into a server meant for 3,000 people. On the biggest server those issues would exist anyway.

On more reasonable sized servers we have bots, we report them, occasionally they get banned, usually they don’t but they don’t make the game unplayable, they don’t render resources ungatherable and they don’t ruin the economy. There’s a lot more going on behind the issues OP has than just botting, but it’s easy to blame the bots.

3 Likes

"Can I have your stuff?

Have you reported them?"

yes I reported the botter twice in Silithus, Blizzard has still done nothing about it

1 Like

Oh no. The giant corporation doesn’t have personal integrity.

If that stopped me from playing I would never have subscribed in the first place.

1 Like

“Let me preface this by saying that I am not at all defending Blizzard and their enforcement of the rules, they have paid so little attention to classic it’s embarrassing.”

Yes it is embarrassing, and I’m going to find a different game to play instead of playing TBC if Blizzard literally doesn’t care about their player base.

5 Likes

What? What do you mean by this? Do you mean 20,000 people concurrently or do you mean total active players? The random numbers people throw around when talking about server sizes is bizarre.

1 Like

No, I’m referring to previous threads you’ve made where you demanded drastically increased spawn rates for herbs.

“No, I’m referring to previous threads you’ve made where you demanded drastically increased spawn rates for herbs.”

Maybe if Blizzard banned all the fly hacker bots that pick herbs there would be more herbs to get for regular people playing the game

1 Like

You’re sitting here copy pasting and manually adding quotes “” while everyone that uses this forum took about 2 seconds to figure out how to properly quote posts. I don’t think you should be calling anyone what you just called Vorena.

3 Likes

That was meant to be a guesstimate of total active players since we don’t have the numbers, not concurrent

“You’re sitting here copy pasting and manually adding quotes “” while everyone that uses this forum took about 2 seconds to figure out how to properly quote posts. I don’t think you should be calling anyone what you just called Vorena.”

didn’t read what you said here