I'm tired of Oribos and the Shadowlands as a place/setting

I’m not really invested in anything going on either. I think this went too far outside of where I want my character in a story, personally.

IDK who else here grew up with Dragon Ball Z, but this whole expansion feels like the Garlic Jr. Saga of expansions. I’m just waiting for the story to continue where it left off, with the void and the old gods.

I don’t actually care about the jailer as a villain, at all, or any of these eternal ones.

I want to know what’s going on with Xal’atath and Yogg Saron. I can’t believe we only had N’zoth for a patch. What’s Azshara up to now? What’s going on with that sword that’s killing my planet? I’m the planet’s champion, what am I doing meddling with the realm of the dead?

Find out next expansion on World of Warcraft Z.

12 Likes

That’s how I feel. I should have listened to my gut when I was thinking that I probably wouldn’t like this expansion. There is nothing I find interesting about Shadowlands at all.

2 Likes

cue screaming for 7 days

3 Likes

As long as it’s the male night elf death throes, I’m on board.

Oribos is… what it’s meant to be. A sterile function > form soul sorter (or airport as some have said) that some folks have set up shop around. It was never going to have as much life to it as Boralus.

Which is unfortunate, but it makes sense for what they were going for, I think.

1 Like

Yeah, it absolutely makes sense for the idea they were going for.

… But part of me does wish they’d come up with a more interesting idea in the first place. :stuck_out_tongue:

While I’m not overly fond of the actual zones, it’s clear a lot of creative love went into the individual factions/areas - it almost feels like they fizzled out by the time they got to designing Oribos.

Noooooo nonononono.

Those generic-PvP-staging-area mudpits - never intended to be or designed as hubs - remain the worst disasters ever to be claimed as a “city” in the entire history of the game.

Especially when the actual cities remained in the game, empty and cavernous (Horde) or sealed like a tomb (Alliance).

1 Like

Ok so Oribos is an indoor place where you can ride mounts in certain areas but not in others.

You must be new to wow because big indoor circles with sections you can mount up an ride in and other sections that you can’t have been around since Vanilla . They are called Iron Forge and Under City.

1 Like

And the guy making those threats is as scary as an ingrown hair.

1 Like

The threatening presence that was dumb enough to invade Azeroth before he even escaped his prison?

The threatening presence that happened to discover the one particular Wrynn he needs to escape whatever stupid, convoluted reason he’s there in the first place?

Please, let the Jailer win already. I’m tired of stupid Villains.

2 Likes

Th existence of it was established, just like the existence of the Shadowlands was established. Nobody said that Pandaria had to be Jack Black’s Kung Fu Panda : The Movie: The Game. I feel Shadowlands fits WoW better than MoP.

1 Like

draenor…

I think wod had some decent content and looked great overall, but that duel timeline thing was the worst idea so far. Pandaria was a good idea, but I could never play a panda. Shadowlands has some great zones. I don’t see it as the worst.

I disagree, Shadowlands doesn’t fit WoW at all.

4 Likes

You see this a lot in the recent RE8. Ethan could have so been killed at any point but nah Dimistrescu just strings him up and leaves him alone unguarded. Without arrogant villains we’d have no game

2 Likes

No, no. That waa in the past. I eant to know the present of outland. What jaopened with the maghar people there,with the people in shattrath, is A’dal as bad as xera?

What happened with the coilfabg reservoir now that there is noone there, and the blacktemple, is now free?

I don’t mind SL’s zones (cramped terrain aside. That’s been an issue since Legion though). With the exception of Ardenweald.

Ardenweald is so powerfully BLUE that it gives me intense blue light migraines. Can’t even go there without an inky black potion. :confused: The last time a zone made me actually, physically sick were the blaring pink instances in BC like Mechanar, Botanica, etc.

I’ve heard of people feeling ill after playing Bastion or during the zone transition screens too. What the heck happened? Was there no art QC crew to test these issues? It just seems weird that so many people reported vision issues with SL’s graphics.

I’d like to go back too. I’m tired of alien worlds and islands appearing out of the ocean. But what else is there? Dragonisles? Outland 3.0? Return to Pandaria? Lightlands?

I think you mean it’s the Dragonball GT expansion, no one likes it and the story makes less sense the more you get into it

1 Like

don’t worry its only a year and a half till you just pay 70$ to go to a new place you will hate