I'm tired of Oribos and the Shadowlands as a place/setting

What does though?

• We killed the last of the Old Gods.
  • We’ve defeated the Legion (again).

There are no massive threats on Azeroth anymore, unless we “discover” a brand new continent that somehow nobody has ever seen before, and it harbors an evil entity so great that the world soul is threatened yet again.

And it’s painfully obvious players don’t want to just stay on Azeroth and continue the age-old faction war.

We had to move beyond Azeroth at some point. I guess we could’ve gone to the ED again, but they’ve already done that. The elemental planes have been touched on before as well. If we had instead moved directly to the Void Lords’ realm, it would feel as disconnected as Shadowlands.

2 Likes

They have a lovely image/concept art whatever it is. From this book I keep seeing advertised around the forums and fansites.

I wish it translated better ingame. I’m not sure why it didn’t. I personally don’t detest Oribos tho. I can think of several reasons it might feel lacking, but I would rather not say.

Did people seriously forget that we went to the shadowlands originally to rescue our faction leaders/members? Baine, Thrall, Jaina, and Anduin were all kidnapped by the jailer ON OUR SOIL, and we went there to bring them back?

Guess what we haven’t done yet? Brought them back home.

3 Likes

Dear Horde:
Raise your hand if you care about traitor Baine or sadsack Thrall – Anyone?
Raise your hand if you care about Alliance leaders at all…

2 Likes

Ok cool, you don’t care about the leaders. That’s fine.

Did you somehow miss the threat? That an otherworldly presence is threatening to destroy ours? Like I don’t know… the soul of Azeroth maybe?

1 Like

How do you know Azeroth is screwed? Have you spoken to the guy?

1 Like

The game seriously says this

That’s the Jailer’s mistake. He should just take over the Shadowlands and stay there. All us “champions” will eventually die, and we’ll all head to the Shadowlands. If he’s in charge of it all, he still wins in the end.

Makes no sense to invade Azeroth and take the chance that he’s defeated outside his seat of power. These villains are written so dim-witted.

5 Likes

Because then there would be no entertainment. This goes for every villain ever written in the history of time, save for the few stories where its written that the villains actually win.

I mean, just look at all the Bond villains. All they had to do was shut up and shoot him in the head and then boom no more 007. But nah, they gotta tie him down to a table with a laser/chainsaw slowly inching closer to him while explaining the “genius” behind their unstoppable plan and how they won.

1 Like
1 Like

I jsut wish that the enemie desnsity wasn’t so crap. On revendreath

It’s a theme park expansion, a theme park that none of us can leave until the next theme park comes out.

3 Likes

I left shadowlands no place like home

I prefer Oribos compared to Bore-alus.

Everytime I logged into that city I was reminded that I was playing a dumpster fire and was least motivated to do anything in BFA.

Post Deleted

1 Like

And the thing that sucks is that the next patch isn’t going to provide a much better alternative. As far as looks go. I’ve seen the new area on PTR and it just looks like more Maw.

I feel like with the exception of Revendreth the different zones don’t have enough points of interest to make each zone feel robust and varied. For example, Maldraxxus is one big scab and Ardenweald has nothing distinguishing the flight path hubs from each other.

It gets old quick! And Oribos is the lamest “main hub” we have had in an expansion, ever. Ever.

3 Likes

I’ve just taken to by-passing Oribos for the most part, set Hearthstone to main covenant zone and just port anywhere else every 15 minutes via wormhole or other capital hearthstone like Dalaran’s.

This expansion would of been a great excuse to give Forsaken and Night Elves a new capital and make that the expansion hub. But alas.

1 Like

🙋

I care.

I’m in a weird spot about this. I absolutely love the Shadowlands story, and I can’t wait for more, but the setting itself

Yeah, I miss Azeroth as well.