I'm tired of being humiliated

The crappy story over the past several expansions coupled with the Horde having better racials, better PvErs, better PvPers, etc etc just makes it feel like Blizzard is kicking the faction to the curb and giving up on them. The story was the only part of the game where the Horde was getting it worse than us and even then we’re still getting it pretty bad.

It feels like a really really bad time to be an Alliance fan.

10 Likes

I can agree there. What do you get, after all is said and done?

Whiney Horde partners.

If the Alliance wins or loses, they lose. That does suck.

To be fair, we Horde never had an option to win in the first place with this settup. So it all balances out.

5 Likes

What would make the Alliance happy then?

Would it be cool for Alliance players to take a turn on the aggressors seat for a change? Get your chance to start a war with the Horde if it meant you get to kick some butt and take some names? Burn down Thunderbluff even? Even if it meant you’d have a civil war conflict to remove some corrupt faction leader with another character leading the fray?

Horde players would get to experience being denied vengeance for loss of their city, sad times, humiliation, etc.

I could stomach this just to see Alliance taken down a few notches from the moral high perch. I know quite a few alliance players who would be cool with it just for the chance that the could be the aggressive faction.

Blizzard however?

Sorry, team blue but the powers that be are too squeemish to allow their “Hero Faction” be the not heroes for a change.

3 Likes

This would not make me happy.

Even if it made some Alliance players happy, I am one Alliance player who would not be. So even then, couldn’t make everyone happy any way.

6 Likes

if i could have choose, i would rather not have faction war at all.
Actually that was what i was hoping with lordaeron.
seeing anduin march to lordaeron (aka our jerusalem) was like… hum a dream?

it would be easy to justify with azerite. and we would not be evil for it.

It would erase the past problems of losing our cities like i been mentioning in this thread i would forget about gilneas and theramore (in fact i was already willing to forget about it until teldrassil happened)

not sure why we would target the cows but… humm maybe?.

This is actually a good question i guess that depends on what characters use for this kind of conflict and if it is really necessary to have the civil war.
I don’t know if i would want that, depends.

i would be actually okay with losing some characters along the way if that means that we get both sides a good story. we have plenty anyway that could be used.
in the current state? No.

The moralhighground is useless when is not enough to protect your people. i would trade highground for actual results any day.
blizzard went to the extreme of the sense of “revenge” and “highground” to the point that it becomes pathetic.
All extremes are bad they say.

And then we can close faction wars to ever hear about it again.
i never really liked it anyway.

2 Likes

Then we are in agreement. However this would possibly make the pvp kids angry.

…or would it? PvP players don’t really strike me as caring about story at all, but I could be wrong.

To this day I scratch my head over why Sylvanas went after Teldrassil and the night elves when Stormwind was clearly the bigger threat to her rule. Could have been a logistics thing I guess. All the Horde’s primary power was in Kalimdor so an attack against the night elves would have been the easier victory, but she had to have known the retaliation that would come her way.

This expac would have made so much more frickin’ sense if it started with Alliance attacking UC to retake Lordaeron and liberate Gilneas first. They had a reason to get started with the Broken Shore fiasco, so… Why not?

Oh right, Alliance aren’t allowed to be the aggressors. Duh.

9 Likes

Indeed, we can still have pvp and factions aren’t even involved.
if you do arenas or rbg they put you in whatever team.

i honestly have no idea why blizzard went this route.

10 Likes

Love your response to that, gotta say.

3 Likes

Here’s a tip: try imagining yourself if the same position as someone else. Personalize their experience and see if it changes how you see it.

If the Alliance lost control of Stormwind to a group of “Humanity First” radicals led by someone who powers himself with Sha artifacts, would you have liked that? Would you have liked being unable to regain control of Stormwind on your own and needing to ask the Horde for help? Would you have liked seeing the Horde leaders standing deep within your city telling your leaders that the only reason the Alliance still exists is because the Horde allows it? Would you have enjoyed cutting down a beloved Alliance character because his loyalty to the throne was too strong? Would you have enjoyed Khadgar poking fun at the fact that your city was recently sacked in the following expansion?

SoO was a disaster for the Horde. Just because you personally don’t care for the “Conqueror of Orgrimmar” title doesn’t mean it feels any better for Horde players when we see it on Alliance players, serving as a constant reminder that the Horde is the Alliance’s you-know-what.

Look past your nose and you’ll see everyone is suffering under Blizzard’s writing, not just the Alliance.

17 Likes

Don’t know about anyone else, but I wouldn’t mind a “Conqueror of Stormwind” title for Horde characters. Seems only fair. This is why I like the possibility of a future raid taking place in Stormwind.

3 Likes

Could have already happened with the intro scenario to BFA. Conqueror may not quite fit, but perhaps raider or ravager? Or something to make reference to the fire that was started.

well it would not be the first time that we deal with someone corrupted.
and i actually think that aspect of “racism” of the alliance is there, they would just need to explore it.
so maybe yeah i would like to see a deep exploration of that front.

i don’t think that would be actually bad. i think that the horde at the time own some debts to the alliance, so asking for a return of favors i would not see it as bad. i mean, there is a reason on why jaina had horde “friends” such as thrall or baine.
or maybe i am thinking too much about world of peacecraft. but thats just me.

Now i guess that the question would be in what context.
Would be after the alliance started that war in the first place?
or it would be the horde the one who started it?

okay this is where it becomes difficult and i think that i am seeing your point. no, i don’t think that i would have enjoyed that.

Not sure who you are refering to.

i do not think that it was great for either side
and again i apology if that came as criticism is just that i just didn’t get what the big deal about that was but as you,cursewords and many other explained i think that i get it now.

maybe it has to do that what i am looking for more than anything is resolution to story.
i do not care about transmog or titles or things like that when it comes to the story. i would care more that the characters,the factions and the story in general has a good resolution.

4 Likes

Khadgar says that when Gazlowe says he can set up the horde player’s garrison, and mentions Orgrimmar as his work.

1 Like

This is what happens when the writers and content creators are sociopathic anti-social basement dwellers that can’t tell a handshake from a crime; or clemency from capitulation.

9 Likes

Titles like that seem more like they should be earned from a raid, IMO.

Meh at least the alliance isnt just a plot device like the horde

Musical warchiefs has gotten real old

6 Likes

And this is true. The Horde has not been written as a Faction in ages, we are more of a plot device to push forward whatever hairbrained story Blizz happens to want to tell (in between more traditional big-bads). The Faction identity is strangely only really given lip-service most of the time.

Baine and Saurfang’s rebellion; and our Faction leaders acting IN CHARACTER; these things come second to the needs of the Meta-Narrative. They are only able to act when it would be convenient for the story to ALLOW them to act; not when it would actually make sense for them to do so. The Horde people still remaining loyal to Sylvie atm is another extension of the needs of the Meta-narrative taking precedence over the Horde Faction’s identity and needs. Its a bizarre situation…

2 Likes

Except… they are. The destruction of Alliance cities and zones. The genocide of an Alliance race. All plot devices to drive the “real” story of Horde division, soul searching, and reconciliation in an effort to understand itself.

24 Likes

naw its just to give the alliance something heroic to do and something something honor, and something something, search for faction identity after 7 expansions, for the second time…

2 Likes