I'm telling you 9.1 is August

It’s so obvious, they’ll try to get it as close as possible to New World launch date.

This wasn’t the original plan, it is just how things lined up, I’m sure they planned for 9.2 for new world drop but with 9.1 so far behind they definitely won’t be able to drop 9.2 that quickly and TBC getting its 2nd phase that soon is also problematic

9 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised.

5 Likes

I think it will be too. I’m sure Blizzard think TBC is content for retail players since it’s still a WoW release.

I also think 9.1-9.2 is going to be a worse drought than what we’re in right now.

6 Likes

I’m going with any week in July so it clashes with ashes alpha, crowfall release and new world beta release

Any later than that and their just shooting them selves

However they could do the old mid way through August so the mythic world first races classes with new world release

2 Likes

Nah I think 9.1 to 9.2 will be short, I’d honestly bet 9.1 could be released sooner than it will drop to the point they bulk of the devs will already be on 9.2 and just waiting to press the green button for 9.1

Yeah I doubt it will be the August 31st, but in August deep enough that this ties right into new world

1 Like

Anytime in July onward makes sense to prop up the Q3 quarterly report.

6 Likes

There was an “internal leak” that put 9.1 in July. OTOH, they’ve been strategically timing their releases with other games’ alpha/beta/releases to try and shift attention away.

It’s pretty sad.

4 Likes

Bye :wave:

2 Likes

Thiiiiiis. And i’ll say more, probably to release the patch in a shorter time blizzard won’t do nothing much creative or different then what is being done with Shadowlands so far, so i’ll probably come back, play for a month and then leave.

1 Like

Part of the problem I see.

“Encourage attrition so my exclusive club becomes more exclusive until it’s gone”

7 Likes

The problem is people shouldn’t waste time and money playing a game they don’t enjoy. :no_good_woman:

3 Likes

0 chance

they’ll drop 9.1 announcement / 2 week notice on tuesday
then they’ll drop 9.1 first week of july
and raid/m+/pvp season will start on 20th lining up with ashes of creation open beta or w/e

1 Like

Players have been claiming this is going to happen every Tuesday for the past month. At this point it’s almost a meme.

Nah, the real problem is there shouldn’t be elitist hivemind developers in charge of a multi-million player MMORPG.

10 Likes

I’ll be surprised if it’s before Q1 2022.

1 Like

If they count classic in the retail release time cycle, then this game is going to be truly doomed. We’ve been in this patch for so long, we’re dying for new content. Then who knows how long 9.2 will take.

Ready for this expansion to be over tbh.

1 Like

Let’s not pretend that Jeff Kaplan, Rob Pardo, or Alex Afrasiabi (whom have all been “in charge of a multi-million player MMORPG”) weren’t also hardcore elitist Everquest players before they joined Blizzard Entertainment. Pardo was GM of Legacy of Steel, then Kaplan led the guild, and Afrasiabi was GM of Fires of Heaven. Both those guilds were hardcore top guilds on their respective servers.

4 Likes

Me neither. I just don’t want the release to overlap with my sweet Diablo 2 resurrected reunion.

2 Likes

Cool, elitist players from a different game bringing fresh ideas. What we have now is an elitist team that came from the same game as they’re developing, and they’re just recycling the same old tired garbage while shifting the emphasis further and further onto one specific portion of the game.

I mean for god’s sake we didn’t even get Archaeology this xpac.

2 Likes

Im picking 9/1 for 9.1

2 Likes