I'm Starting To Feel Bad For Alliance

I’m not making this post to trash talk in any way, I actually enjoy playing Night Elf and so Mercenary mode is pretty awesome for me since I’m a Horde Druid and default to Night Elf whenever I queue.

Ultimately I’m finding that as Horde I’m winning more than 70% of my battlegrounds. Now I’ve had some losses obviously so I’ve tried to queue as Mercenary mode so not only can I play my favorite race but so I don’t have these half hour long queues. What I’m finding is Alliance have borderline given up in BGs and/or forgotten how to win. Almost every time I queue as Mercenary mode people refuse to team fight, coordinate, or play any objective. I even try to encourage and lead people by telling them what to do and how to win but most of them just ignore me.

It’s gotten to a point now where it’s so disheartening playing Mercenary mode I prefer to just accept my super long queue for a win than a short queue for a loss. Am I the only one that seems to be hardly ever winning as Alliance and winning most of the time as Horde? Am I just super unlucky in my Mercenary mode queues? Have Alliance really just given up on PvP?

7 Likes

Honestly just about. The gearing gap in normal bgs just makes things no longer any fun. Once we know that the horde side has a higher ilvl players afk out. For us its already over why try. We just end up being gy camped. Then theres the near unkillable classes and spec. Ret pallies, shadow preists, boomkin take about 3 or more to take out. Honestly before legion pre patch I’d had a ton of fun just queing up in AV. that used to be a blast. Now why bother. Ashran at the begining of this expac i saw two wins. Now its why bother even queing up for an epic. I had a ton of hopes at the start of SL. Now things are still crap. its been crap why bother since Legion pre patch and its kept going.

4 Likes

I just started an Alliance alt this week. They literally start talking about how they’re going to lose, etc. before the battleground even starts in a lot of BGs I queue into.

It’s a defeatist mentality that I believe breeds a lack of effort and morale. I’m still enjoying the experience and hope to meet cool people to do rated with Alliance-side as well, but it sucks to play with rajdoms with that attitude.

10 Likes

Ya it’s pretty bad . Also a bunch of trolls and losers queuing for I don’t know what .

Thank god for the super fast queues and the bonus honor . Makes it bearable and let’s you gear fast .

9 Likes

Well the gear issue is another problem. Dont expect to random bg coming in under 210.

For randoms its gonna be a big issue even if there are 5 220+ players on one team and the other team has a bunch under 210.

Just my thoughts but if youre below 210 i wouldn’t enter. Im too under geared myself for randoms. That is unless you enjoy getting melted.

But i do agree alliance in general have a defeatist mind set. Rarely is there ever coordination and the rest falls on being under powered from gear being too low.

My alliance shammy is at 67%. I can look up stats for my others later. When you main Alliance and aren’t completely garbage, the win rate should be at least 50% or higher.

6 Likes

I haven’t played a whole lot of bgs on this toon but it seems to me the ones I have played we have been doing pretty well at. The only ones we aren’t is Silvershard and ToK.

2 Likes

The day of the week/the type of weekly pvp quest thats up also plays a huge part in premades and the caliber of players queueing. Time of day as well, ie prime time central NA (horde) vs early morning NA (frostmourne alliance)

4 Likes

Honestly, it had been slowly improving (epics aside) for quite some time now.
Then the whole power gap fiasco hit and BAM!
1 step forward then 2 steps back
/sigh

2 Likes

this totally encapsulates the dysfunction
the current enviroment is : to pvp you either chase rating or go home.

RIP the casual base :face_with_thermometer:

7 Likes

They sort of gave up. They can win only if they have 226 Sargeras pre-made. Biggest problem right now is that during TBC and WoTLK most good plaiers change their race from Ally to Hord. Add to it that most Ally do not have that much passion for improvment. In other words, social aspect of WoW at it lowest lvl as its ever been. Add TBC and WoTLK migration form Ally to Horde and you end up with Ally 2021. Modern Ally does not want or do not see any point to sociolise in the game. In open world we have this cross server thing(terrible idea), it plies very important roll too. For example: If you fly in WoW Classic you will meet more people than in SL or Oriobus. Moreover, you may not even meet anybody from your server (15k server by the way). It is just terrible

2 Likes

My win rate as Horde for rated BG was about 50%, before I returned to Alliance. I was Horde for about a week until I got combatant.

1 Like

I’d be down to queue some BG’s with you<3

1 Like

Easy to see when 5/10 Alliance have 22k health while 10/10 Horde have 45k health.

8 Likes

That’s completely absurd, and you know it.

1 Like

I chased rating - played Horde PvP for a week, made combatant, and came home to Alliance.

2 Likes

Kind of?
We didn’t have a ton of players to begin with, and a ton of people have stopped playing.

You are going against horde more than you think.
Sometimes I join groups that are halfway filled with mercs.

3 Likes

Hey, I was gonna ask you earlier but didn’t catch you in time, what is the most active time for RBGs Alliance-side? I was gonna get started with RBGs this week after vault/spending conquest, but LFG has been dead anytime I bothered to look at it.

1 Like

Its pretty much dead most of the time, early week/before close to reset is typically better, theres still a few guild groups pugging 2-3 people and i’ve found those are decent on alts
Compared to horde it’s definitely noticeable though
I generally play around 8-10pm so thats the only time i’ve really looked

2 Likes

Yeah it’s wild. Even as a healer I was sitting in LFG for like 15 minutes to find a warrior for 2’s. Lol Horde side it takes like 20 seconds. xD

1 Like