I'm sorry, but it's time to buff Fury Warriors

I disagree entirely. They have two S tier specs across two roles, that’s more than any other class. They should have been told to run as the best tank and best healer for 2.5 phases and wait for ICC where they’d eventually scale.

It’s not like they’d miss out on ret gear while being taken in literally droves to raids as tanks and healers.

No one is calling/asking for an intentional over buff. Hell, most would be happy with QoL fixes.

A slight dps buff wouldn’t be out of line either. An adjustment to the Titans Grip penalty could easily be implemented and adjusted accordingly during the ToGC ptr. Start at 5% penalty and go up or down from there based on the data. The penalty directly relates to all of our damage and would which would make tuning it, or reverting it back to 10% easy.

As for QoL issues. Try to fix batching and munching. And possibly try to design a new glyph that works around something like shattering throw. Maybe a glyph that when used will cause shattering throw to apply 5 stacks of sunder. That way we aren’t having to waste a ton of DPS at the start of a fight sundering since it’s on gcd.

Fury is simply clunky with the sunder, munching, and batching issues, and is very understandable given our pure lack of utility. As mentioned before, other classes/specs can provide everything we do while bringing more utility, more DPS, and sometimes both.

1 Like

Shattering Throw is a tough ability to change because of the pvp implications. Most of QoL changes (faster sunder, rend, sthrow) would probably need to be tied to a deep fury talent rather than a glyph just to not buff arms pvp.

1 Like

The glyph idea I heard removes the pvp aspect, ie, the immunity breaking
I see a lot about “automatically applies 5 sunders” and though I agree sundering is suffering, piggybacking it on Shattering Throw is like when lawmakers add personal agendas to important bills. If Sunder Armor is bad then it needs to be addressed at a root level, not just grafted onto another ability that gets more attention because it’s actually horrible (Shattering Throw being casted, and only in Battle Stance).

They get a massive buff final patch of Wrath and I mean dead last patch so do the prot spec for warriors as well.

So far we dont really see the increasing pace. Afaik the statement was made before Ulduar gearing impacted warrior, so at this point Fury should do considerably more dmg than ret, following blizzs own statement.

Thats actually one of the legit arguments in favor of a fury buff

Says who? You? Because blizzard never said “at the end of Ulduar warriors will do considerably more damage than ret”

They did say

When ret got buffed they surpassed fury. Now as hard modes are being cleared more and gear is going out fury has passed ret.

What this is is a lack of desire to wait. Rogues waited to P5 to scale in TBC. All sims are pointing at P4 being when warriors start making moves up charts. Take sims for what you will this far out, but they’re better than the feelycraft happening on the forums

I still don’t think class balance should be a thing for Classic servers. These servers are supposed to represent a fixed snapshot in time, and should reflect the class balance of that moment.

I want to play the last patch of WotLK with everything the way it was right then.

It does… Sort the parses by higher item level brackets.

Top fury parses on single target fights are like 1k higher DPS than equivalent ret ones in most cases.

You don’t even need to do that. Fury warrior has passed ret on the meters in overall now too. Fury continues to trend upward on the charts.

lmao, give warriors battle rez and innervate then we can talk

or how about divine sac

face palm

I don’t know - I kind of think the “no utility” argument is kind of weak.

People do factor in having a Warrior for Commanding Shout and Sunders, the dps Warriors do, while mediocre, is enough to justify it.

Tribrid classes like Druids and Pallys have a much larger list of utility but it doesn’t really result in Warrior utility not being used so it’s kind of moot.

commanding is one of the least relevant buffs, and if critical you could take a 20 yard imp for almost as much hp and get more dps in the process. Sunder takes 5 stacks to sunder and on many encounters costs more dps than having a rogue doing it.

brez, innervate, d sac etc are way better lol

Yeah I support changing how that works as a QoL/utility buff.

this isn’t true and its not the first time you’ve said it, destro warlock is not used at all really, the imp sucks, its 1/2 the hp in a 20 yard radius…and the destro lock is barely any better than fury warrior in terms of dps and it also shares loot with all of the actual good specs in the game

you can sit here and talk down destro and then try to justify warrior? yikes

its also not half, try more around 80%

also note, you can be a world first ulduar guild and if your run has a prot war in it you run 0 fury warriors because fury/arms are dead mostly. Bottom of the barrel w/ low utility. You can argue that bringing one warrior of any spec for the easier commanding shout at the cost of lock dps works out in the end to help spread loot around. Thats it.

Its the least desirable class for any raid in the game right now. Pretty much every serious raid takes 0 - 1 warriors.

1 Like

with 3 points in improved imp its 1800 and commanding shout is 2800, its significantly worse

you need 5 pts for that shout as warrior

yes, many run that because warrior does horrible damage as it is

but more ppl are running overpower weaving spec now, and htose are 5 pts you normally dont put in that talent at all if you want to take it

1 Like

everyone runs 1 warrior pretty much, we have the 4th fastest boss kills in the world and we run a warrior or two for every for raid

And yet, almost every top raid makes sure to bring it… Maybe because it’s a good deal stronger than you give it credit for, and is worth having a slightly lower DPS slot (because let’s be real, a theoretical 1k damage is pretty slight right) to pick it up.

And this is with fury at the worst point it will be for the rest of the expansion…

So uhh, it’s fine.