I'm sorry Blizzard, but 8.2 is boring and disappointing so far

The world quests are even more mundane
The initial weapon reward was nerfed just before launch of 8.2 to a ilvl 370 weapon
which is already out of date for most people who even quit for 3+ months (blizzard says it was a “bug” here: Nazjatar quest reward weapons - #241 by Sachi-tichondrius)
Nearly all relevant and interesting content is time gated (Mega Dungeon, new Mythic+ season, new PvP gear)
Manapearls are mainly only used for catch up players. Other than that, they are really worthless.
The only reason to play 8.2 right now is to do very mundane World Quests for a minuscule amount of rep… so you can fly in a few weeks.
My sub runs out in around 30 hours. I was going to use one of my WoW Tokens if 8.2 was exciting/interesting. But from the 5 or so hours I’ve played so far, it is worse than 7.3 Argus, and I really hated Argus.
What happened to content like Timeless Isle where they was a ton of interesting content to do? (Timeless Isle is a much smaller zone in size and yet had way more interesting content)
If you are enjoying Patch 8.2, great! I’m not here to undermine your own personal experiences with the new content. But I just felt really… depressed, playing this Patch. It feels like every new Patch, Blizzard says “Its the biggest patch we’ve ever done!” but once you get into the game, it feels like there is nothing there.

338 Likes

When Steve Jobs left Apple tanked. We need some of the old guys back namely Tom Chilton. They can keep Ion on for raids and to crunch numbers

48 Likes

Really? LOL. Well, there goes my reason to give a damn. Will work on flying someday. Not anytime soon.

21 Likes

Lets be honest the only reason 8.2 is going to be worth is the dungeon/raid, the casual stuff is just that more casual stuff for you to keep doing world quests/warfronts/pet battling. If you really thought the content outside of said dungeon/raid was going to be a saving grace then I feel like you’re pretty delusional with the direction blizzard has gone especially in BFA. They’ve dumbed down the game and over catered to casual play to the point you skip 3 raid tiers for gearing, for those that only do world quests/warfronts I don’t know what else you were expecting other than more of the same.

15 Likes

At least is better than Argus.

8 Likes

It’s too early to jump to conclusions like this.

17 Likes

I did every quest and killed rare spawns, was fun but only got 1 piece of useful gear out of the entire day.

Making us wait 2 weeks so we have to extend subs, standard blizz practice.

65 Likes

The cinematic was cool but so far 8.2 doesn’t really have that fun factor that I was looking for anyway.

42 Likes

I disagree. Argus was much better. Every zone had cool bosses and mini raids. It was awesome in Argus. This 8.2 patch is pretty but that’s about it. I feel like I am running on a treadmill with rocks in my broken shoes (classes)

53 Likes

I’m enjoying it greatly. The content is rich and plentiful, and the itemization seems to finally be getting back on track. 8.2 feels like a solid attempt at major positive reform for WoW.

But of course, everyone is complaining about the reduced item level of that quest weapon. Annoying, I agree, but I think you people are making a planet-sized mountain out of a molehill. Is item level really that crucial for you? It’s just a number, man.

26 Likes

what do you mean? its the first day and everyones done all the quest basically and are just sitting at town like usual lol

43 Likes

That’s not the main complaint I am hearing about the content. That is a system and quest complaint sure but it’s not a gameplay complaint. The world quests are dull. I do not want to log back in to grind that stuff out. It’s not engaging.

16 Likes

I’m really disappointed in Nazjatar so far. It looks so bland and awful! The entire zone looks the same. The devs also did Queen Azshara so dirty by sticking her in a brown crater. She’s supposed to be vain and garish! All we got was muddy, humdrum textures and colors that remind me A LOT of Argus. It makes me sad that the devs could have done a lot more for a really long awaited and mysterious area, but instead they went with lazily reused content.

I don’t find the Ankoan to be compelling at all. Their voice acting sounded really amateurish which made it hard for me to take them seriously. Their story seems same ole, same ole too. Didn’t we already do this Jinyu story in MoP? I guess that’s BfA’s theme: rehash, rehash and rehash. My goal will be getting flying, but otherwise this content is DOA and stale!

Maybe the Horde side is a different story, but the Alliance side? Y I K E S.

70 Likes

WoW has always - and I mean always - been about grinding. You grinded Hydraxian Waterlord rep. You grinded to unlock the gates of AQ. You grinded gold to afford your skills from the class trainers. If you don’t like grinding in Nazjatar, I’d ask how you put up with it for the last fifteen years.

15 Likes

WOW also had more content then what we have now. The grind was behind the content. The focus of WOW was content that was fun and had a grinding part to it. Now it has locked content called time gating that is focused on a useless grind.

35 Likes

No, it didn’t. And that’s not subjective, it’s literal fact. Retail WoW has seven expansions worth of content over vanilla.

12 Likes

Not all grinds are made the same way. The class quests was a joy. I got class mogs, mounts, a decked out hiding spot, and a followers that I felt personally attached to. The quests were great because they gave me new weapons and weapon skills.

This grind feels like a grind for the sake of grinding. Which is not fun.

38 Likes

Honestly i am kind of sad Nazjatar is meant to be the naga capitol it should be a sprawling city not ruins with a few naga buildings here and there.

81 Likes

Retail WOW does not have the same amount of content as Legion, MOP, CATA, WOTLK, BC. It also did not have the same amount of time gating, with the exception of Legion. To wait weeks to unlock more content is a cheap trick and a way to extend people’s sub for another month. That is the main focus on Blizzard’s part. It is only to keep people subbed by time gating.

27 Likes

They are just trying to buy 2 months for classic.

15 Likes