I'm SoL aren't I?

Thanks for the link. Says I started 12/27/2004. Received a beta invite last week, and got to play/test this past weekend.

I cant see why when someone started would matter, I started in 2006 and i played betas since cata. I never heard of this.

You are the wo(MAN)! Sure enough, Mar 27, 2005. Maybe I’ll get lucky now that I’ve resubbed. Cheers mate!

You’re not screwed at all, the first stress test is this week. Which I think means it’s safe to say Blizzard will send out ALOT of invites, possibly to everyone interested since that would simulate actually server load on launch day.

Thank you for the link! Awww… there it is, 10/28/2005, “free month.” I remember Dolanaar being decorated for Hallow’s End, and fresh little Moink (that’s how her name was spelled then) completing quests in the area for the first time. So long ago.

I feel you, I lost my old account because I had an authenticator on there and back in Cata they would not let me remove it without my secret word, which I lost. SO, I re-bought the game and all its expansions and have played on this account since, didn’t think about the old account until suspicions of old accounts getting access to beta. But, I was able to recover the old account about a week ago (I think I began in early 2006) and have since subbed to try to get into beta with it.

Too much hype on my end as I probably won’t get in with either, but I guess it was worth a try lol. They can check out my old Herod’s Shoulder on a lvl 55 shaman still equipped even though now it’s plate to see if they’d like :rofl:

1 Like

I still have my original character. It appears I’ve converted some of my old raid gear into the transmog repository (or whatever it is called), but I still have some Shadowcraft bracers that aren’t soulbound sitting in my bank… Do those even drop anymore?

I think the blue sums it up best:

Very limited beta… I’ve seen this stated a couple times by blues.

Heh congrats. 11/23/04 and my FOMO is lurking in the corner.

You may or may not be SoL. But if you are on a shingle, well then you aren’t. LOL

Be patient. You never know.

Shhh you’re going to wake the trolls who haven’t read any of that :slight_smile:

I have no idea about the modern loot tables tbh, I just run around and get loot and it magically becomes rare or epic quality lol.

You can still view your transaction history leading all the way back to account creation but it’s not in the normal place. I’ll try to find it and edit my post because my account is also only tracked back to 2012 but it was created in december 2005.

EDIT: Found the link, it’s a legacy subscription payment history that tracks back to the beginning.
https://us.battle.net/account/management/wow/subscription/payment-history.html

11/23/2004 and I’m not in either. It’s all good though. They’ll add more people as it continues.

Why do people keep saying this when it’s right on the announcement page:

To fill our pool of beta and stress test participants, we’ll be choosing dedicated players who meet select criteria from both the WoW Classic beta opt-in and the standard Warcraft beta opt-in. Participants will also need to have an active subscription or active game time on their Battle. net Account. While opting-in to the beta is the primary way to make sure you’re in the running to join the test it doesn’t guarantee an invitation to the closed beta test. We may also consider additional factors such as how long a player has been subscribed to the game so that we have the right mix of players to ensure great feedback toward making WoW Classic the very best experience for the community.

Emphasis mine. But they stated right since day 1 that account age was a factor. I believe Ion is even quoted as saying in some of those video interviews that they wanted vanilla players to test Classic so they could help ensure the experience is as correct as possible.

Hmm I can’t access that page. It has a 404 error. Everywhere I try to go it keeps taking me back to account.blizzard. com.

Crap my bad its supposed to have .html at the end of it i’ll edit it again

Oh I’m dumb and didn’t even notice. You’re awesome, thank you!

im at this point that i wanna play WoW retail from start and RP classic xD dunno how tho… quite the challenge

I know for a fact they can see when your account started because last time I had a GM ticket they got really excited when they saw mine was a day one account since I guess they don’t see that often. That being said I definitely don’t have an invite and I’m totally jealous of those that do haha.