I'm sad about the Covenants

This has always blown my mind. I have no idea how people can honestly use the “RP” argument in support of the restrictions because of exactly what you laid out.

The balance issues wouldn’t even be a big deal if they would remove the restrictions.

1 Like

That’s why the longest thread on this forum is pro-ripcord.

Pull the ripcord please. Enough is enough. Why do you guys purposely try to punish your playerbase

3 Likes

The sad part is that this was communicated as early as ALPHA.

3 Likes

Love seeing more and more threads pop up about this.

#PullTheRipcord

3 Likes

What, you don’t think every Affliction Warlock should be attuned to the cute and cuddly butterflies of Ardenweald? You think they might be more suited to Necrolord or Venthyr?

Foolish mortal. Blizzard knows best.

1 Like

Covenants for me just are lacking and the things made in the way of upgrades for the various buildings or w/e aren’t that interesting. It’s constantly just check list little bumps in QoL unlocks, never felt any real theme/feeling from the covenant like I did with class halls.

Wish that they made less of these lame egg timer activities and lame rewards and actually tried to craft the covenants in a big way to make it really feel like I should care for the covenant, and do fun engaging things that is ‘covenant’ based. Think about rewards after. This feels like the opposite way… they thought of rewards first with little to non engaging/fun content.

Yeah the artifact weapon skins I thought were pretty genius how they motivated you to do every form of content.

PvP skins, mage tower (of which the different skins were unlocked by different activities), balance of power, then there were the artifact level ones and the hidden ones.

Covenant armor isn’t class themed and is legit just ‘go do world quests and grind anima’ and it’s insanely time gated behind souls. Or at least it was. I’m not even going to bother finishing mine.

The guy who started the Path of Ascension guide on wowhead never finished it either so I assume he’s in the same boat. lol.

2 Likes

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrr give us the choice to have fun and swap whenever we want because that would be more fun.

3 Likes

The whole artifact weapon idea was nice 'cause the weapons all had this importance. It felt good and like ‘meaningful’ in a way. The issue now is they are beating a dead horse with this way of designing now since most of the stuff offered are lame, the things you work to get (i.e. legendaries, the soulbind, conduit) stuff are mostly pretty tacked on to fill out the expansion features but don’t bring with itself that fun story behind it, or the cool abilities that coincide with those legendaries, soulbinds etc…

It’s all pretty tame and made to give you busy work.

That is kinda funny if you think about it :stuck_out_tongue:

Which was something that was brought up during the Alpha. This is the 3rd time Blizzard has blatantly ignored feedback when it comes to these systems before the expansions launch.

I sure like being forced to choose between aesthetics, pve power, power, mobility, utility, and rp in a randomized mixed bag that is mixed differently class by class. Its almost as if the system is badly designed and that the choice actively removes avenues of gameplay. If my pve covenant is trash in pvp, which many of them are I’m simply not going to pvp despite having a vague interest in it. The same can be said for covenant abilities that are particularly specialized, you know the ones, that provide aoe value or group value rather then single target value and therefore are less useful most of the time.

Tying gameplay to a weekly timegate is a mistake, and I hope they fix it before its too late.

1 Like

It was obviously a terrible decision to create arbitrary restrictions on 75% of the biggest feature in the new expansion. It’d be way more fun to be able to test and create new builds with all of the covenants, rather than just picking one covenant. 25% of the new expansion feature and we’re wondering why there’s a content drought

Wanting to experiment and play new builds should never be punished in an RPG.

The only people who clamored for “consquences” are people that don’t actually do any content where consequences effect them. If you log on once a week and only farm old legacy stuff, any game balance is entirely inconsequential to you to begin with.

1 Like

Exactly. For so many players, being able to swap freely is what makes this game fun.

1 Like

I was one of the players that chose a covenant NOT because of what a website or author in a blog says. I was going to serve the Queen regardless. It just so happens, it co-aligns with my chosen preferred specialization.

Uh huh…

:joy:

1 Like

Happy coincidences.

#PullTheRipcord

It’s true. Half the players choose what the guides say is life or death choices but can’t get into dungeons and replicate half the things these guides say do. No point. I’m not a min maxer. I play how I want. If that causes people to not invite me, I make my own team. I also have a guild. I don’t have to play WoW their way.

1 Like

Bad system remains bad.

But at the same time, we shouldn’t be advocating for Blizzard to tackle others just for following what the guides say. (Not saying you are until proven otherwise) And in many scenarios, the numerical difference just cannot be ignored.

It doesn’t make sense gameplay or lorewise.