I'm really conflicted on what to play in TWW. Any advice?

I like healing, and I like ranged DPS. So my options are as follows…

1. Evoker. Flappy iguana girly who has ranged and strong healing. Looks like flappy creature, kinda cute. I like that. I’ve never healed with an evoker though.

2. Affliction lock, pure DPS so very very long queues unless I beg for help from a healer/tank. But the dps rotation is pretty straightforward…

3. Hunter. Always pretty fun. The gameplay loop can be kinda boring for BM, but it’s never weak, like ever.

4. Druid. Fun, but has fairly complex little bit sweaty level of difficulty… Resto is pretty darn tough to heal with bc you have to PREDICT when to put hots on. Balance can deal insane dmg, but has a huge learning curve with an absurd number of spells.

5. Monk. DPS is totally boring, tanking doesn’t feel fun to me. But MW healer is just awesome, so fun, mogs are beautiful, class is gorgeous. such a fun time.

Any advice to help me narrow this down?

Go with whichever one you feel most attached to thematically. That’s what guarantees better longevity.

Dawntrail /s

1 Like

I was tempted just by the story… but the combat in that game is simply BORING.

1 Like

Hilarious, I enjoy the WoW combat and find the story abysmal.

2 Likes

Yeah the story is pretty bad here, I’m not excited for that in TWW at all… I might try dawntrail I guess.

Can always play more than one game! As a RPer and lore nerd, I have almost zero enthusiasm for TWW. Especially as a non-elf Horde player lol.

I’m starting to lean towards another game.

Delves are becoming the antithesis of advertised, hero talents are an incomplete cluster (some classes good, most bad), and they’re looking to be launching yet another minimum viable product before chasing down the next half-cooked micro-expansion.

Levelling is also terribly paced. So far in the beta I keep hitting quests in the campaign that are level gated and expect you to run off and 100% the zone to continue.

Not to mention TWW is rife with bugs, which sure, it’s beta. But um, they rarely listen to our feedback and I do not expect them to fix these issues before launch.

Not to mention half the classes play like dog.

Their tactic is usually smooth the leveling, overtune the poorly developed classes, stall for two content patches, and then try to generate hype for “what’s next!”

Most of the content in an expansion isn’t paid for with the $50-100 box fee, but the $15 per month agreement you make with the developer to access their servers.

True, but it’s gotten worse since TBC.

I remember being OP as all heck on my druid on launch week in TBC, then they tamed it down. Fine. It was still fun, the class was operational, and it had a playstyle that was easy to grasp as you level.

Tell me, how the shart, are you supposed to intuitively learn Shadow Priest or WindWalker’s rotation/etc?

How is anyone supposed to intuitively know the Arcane Opener and it’s 400 parts?

They need to give every class the Ret rework, cause Ret just… makes sense. It just plays naturally.

Instead you have monks with 10, 000 buttons, hunters doing top DPS with 2 buttons, mages over there rapidly spamming the same 3 buttons in freakish order like they’re playing Starcraft, and warriors get to play “Push the Flashy for more DPS!”

Just… How is class design so weird now?

And these Hero Talents, some of them are pretty much hostile to Mythic+

The Frost one makes Obliterate slow your targets, so now the tank’s gunna have a blast as they crawl to you, bathing in Sanguine and healing up.

Thank god NOBODY plays Frost cause it’s so bad, otherwise they’d notice they just gimped a spec.

1 Like

Tip of the iceberg too, because you’re talking about max level content as the start of the experience.

The actual start of the experience:

Rogues start generating combo points at level 1 but can’t Eviscerate until level 2. Meanwhile, let me pop over to classic era and… look at that, Sinister Strike and Eviscerate at level 1.

Game was better put together before 20 years of “development”.

Because there’s no learning curve to playing the character, and everyone can get a “free” max level character, there’s no need to do things like Learn the Arcane rotation as you level. World content dies in one hit. And when you get to the content that requires “skill”, you’re usually stuck wondering what is even happening, because you’re dead before you can react or there’s so much clutter, you literally just get bad lucked out of existence.

I highly recommend you a class that can heal-tank and dps.

1 Like

DH does all of those in its DPS spec.

I’d try the new class, the Unsubbed. Their racial is a suntan from going outdoors.

1 Like

Oh, don’t get me started. Feral DPS has been stagnant for expansions now, and in TBC it was literally locked by a hard agi cap.

Quests in the DK starting zone are bugged.

And like you said, coming back from GW2 and FF14 which still have challenging content… But anything like Mythic Raiding or Keys? NO.

There are few things in other games that straight up delete you, yet in Heroic and Mythic Content 1 shots are the norm. HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO EVEN UNDERSTAND A NEW MECHANIC? Read about it?

The game fails to introduce you to things you’ll see later on, like… Okay, I have personally… Since 2005… Never seen the Nymue Chain thing. Never. I was doing melee and standing where you must cause well, she has death behind her on the floor. And I was getting insta-gibbed. I had to literally adjust my monitor settings to see the flipping chains on the already green floor like c’mon.

At no point in questing does it get people to learn to interrupt, or learn about death beams that follow/cut other players, or learn to have to match symbols with other players. It doesn’t tell you about tank swapping and building stacks. Etc

1 Like

Alliance Hunter.

There. I improved the game for you.

1 Like

I feel a little bad because I pretty much ghosted my guild as the only consistent healer in SoD P1, because of the murloc fight. Purple murlocs in a purple room full of purple spell effects. I would always start that fight okay and have a migraine by the first intermission, ruining the rest of the raid for me.

1 Like

I legitimately feel like they are forcing players out of the game with unnecessarily hard content that isn’t hard or difficult for any valid reason aside from, “We wanted to piss people off and make it really hard and kill all enjoyment.”

Like, there are certain ways to make fights and mechanics novel and enjoyable that doesn’t stoop to what amounts to visual assault. Like, “Nice, I can’t see heck all and it’s ugly as sin. I sure love this game.”

Thought you were quitting? :thinking:

Why do you want to pick a class if you were sooooo adamant on quitting wow? :beers::woozy_face:

2 Likes