I'm Quitting The Game

see you in 6 MOs to YEAR

4 Likes

That’s entirely dependent on what content you’re doing. If OP isn’t pushing Mythic raiding, it’s not really necessary.

I understand the desire to gain all of that power and Conduits are stupid, but sometimes, it’s best to just ignore the bs they throw at us and just do what’s fun. I know that’s difficult sometimes, though.

8 Likes

I exactly know how you feel about the level 50 dread lol.

2 Likes

in game I will not notice.

2 Likes

They’ve convinced themselves that nobody will leave because the players are too addicted.

The game is designed around marketing the next expansion through massive hype to cyclical subscribers who are going to play for a few weeks and then leave to move on to the next game whether they’re happy with it or not. So why make any effort to retain them? They’ll leave anyway. And the players who are left? They’ll stay no matter how low in quality or quantity the content is, or how long it takes to implement.

A .5 “patch” of mostly stuff that should have been hotfixed in the beta? Sure! Take two, they’re small.

20 Likes

I’ve had too many days like that, some days I did no quests and just ran around looking for chests and seeing if Relwik is up and trying for wilderling. I finally got rank 5 yesterday. I give up on trying to keep up with everyone else.

Yeah, it is retarded and it should be account wide on top of it.

3 Likes

/salute
have a great time :+1: :wave:

1 Like

This is something we really needed to hear from you…Just leave your post will wilt away as you are leaving for good, I hope.

If you’re not doing mythic raiding or mythic dungeons… what exactly is there to do in the game?

7 Likes

ooor you could…not grind it?

i’m still tier 5. i only pick up what i see while doing my quests. and i only do the quests that give research. it’s a quick 15-20min max.

2 Likes

You say this, then you mention going back to FF14, where combat feels slow and chore-like, the storyline every new player is forced to finish (ARR) is widely panned as horrible (I genuinely can’t get past level 30, the story is so bad) and you have literal hour long cutscenes in later expansions, which means you can’t even play while watching it.

Right.

3 Likes

Don’t close the door I am right behind you

14 Likes

I see alot of venom in here in this i’m leaving thread.

1 Like

This is the problem. The toxicity has spread all the way down to heroic and normal raiding. We’ve been trying to recruit people for our normal raiding team and can’t find people. Among the complaints we’ve had are “You have people in 226 gear who hit like they’re in 215 gear” To which my brain responds:

1. 215 is plenty for normal; and
  2. Since when do you need 226 gear to run a raid that drops 226 gear?

The answer is: not until Shadowlands.

10 Likes

Agree that your paid entertainment should always be fun

Definitely insane to rationalize hours, or 10s of hours, of tedium or boredom as an ok gate to finally enjoy the game

Devs are grossly out of touch and could care less about anything but cash shop metrics for players weak to the design

16 Likes

What makes you think she doesn’t know what she’s saying?

I played Final Fantasy XI for 7 years, and it was much worse than any job I’ve worked. I played it daily and felt trapped. It took me ending every friendship I had ever formed in that game to break free of it.

Is something about that mysterious to you?

3 Likes

Do you realize that you just defend the game against his reasons for quitting by asserting that the bulk of the new content they added in the last patch is completely irrelevant to the game? That doesn’t seem a little off to you somehow? That they added this content that takes massive amounts of grind and is completely useless?

3 Likes

You already acknowledged that you noticed her leaving by posting this.

What a useful and supportive comment! Speaking of sexual assault allegations, Blizzard should remove human priests from the game. So problematic.

5 Likes

My love for WoW at this point is like your firstborn that grew up smart but start selling drugs and getting arrested at 17. Like yeah I still care about it and hope it gets its life on track. I’m evening willing to give it $15/mo of support.

My love for FFXIV is like the second child that grew up dumb, but just graduated from Harvard and now runs a successful company (better than Blizzard) …

… and I’ll give him $15/mo as well cuz he deserves it.

14 Likes