I'm Quitting The Game

Half way to tier 6… but I just can’t do it anymore.

I told myself today that I would skip out on doing my Korthia dailies… and just have a strictly fun day… had a great time doing something Mythic+ / Hanging out with friends! But then before I logged out for the day… I realized that tomorrow, I have to go right back to the Korthia grind. And after I achieve tier 6… I’m still going to have to grind day in and day out until I get all of my conduits upgraded which who knows how long that will take. The fact that I have to tell myself ‘You know what, lets just have a fun day today!’ is insane, this game should be always fun. I leveled my character up to max, and it’s been max level since April, why am I still doing chores? If it wasn’t time gated it wouldn’t be half as bad… I could commit a week+ and be done with it. But this is insane, 2 months and still the end of the grind is not anywhere in sight.

Today… felt like I called in sick to work, from a toxic office/job… and it felt great. And now it’s the end of the day, and I’m realizing I have to go back to the job I hate tomorrow. So, instead of being miserable, I’m just going to quit.

This just isn’t the game for me anymore. I love about 95% of it, but that little annoying time gated 5% is enough for me to quit. Blizzard… you’ve lost touch. You don’t know how to make good games anymore. You don’t know how to make your base feel good anymore.

I’m going back to the FFXIV / Valorant dual combo. Take care all!

198 Likes

Have fun and take care :slight_smile:

19 Likes

This line is probably the main reason why WoW is dying, why or how Blizzard still couldn’t figure this out is beyond me.

139 Likes

You literally do not have to touch Korthia at all to progress in this game. It’s alt catchup. That’s literally it. You can get better rewards elsewhere and the only exception is the gem socket thing. Which takes long enough to get that most people who care about the minor boost that’ll give will have finished their content progression by the time they have access to it.

Conduits are frontloaded like legendaries, and you can get a good handful of decent ones from Raid or whatever anyway.

7 Likes

It’s not true, Korthia gives both Conduits upgrades and sockets, which together make a huge difference in player power.

25 Likes
6 Likes

Well i guess more power to you goodbye !

1 Like

I feel this spiritually.

40 Likes

If you’re comparing a game to what your IRL job is like daily (since it seems you hate your IRL job), you need to step back and realize what you’re saying

4 Likes

You’re preaching to the choir. I relate completely.

14 Likes

I felt this too, I have so much fun leveling alts and the closer they get to 48 and mandatory SL is coming, a subtle sense of dread sinks in, like the fun is about to end.

34 Likes

Or maybe the dailies are rubbish.

9 Likes

Yea I feel you, trying to do korthia is such a bloody chore atm especially when you’re having to do it on more than one character. I’ve been doing it for almost a month on my main and I’m not even at rank 6 yet. It’s insane.
I’ve never liked having to do things daily just because life is a thing, and korthia just turns it up to 10 because you’re also doing rares/assaults’/treasure on multiple characters each damn day.

I really like korthia as a whole, it’s been fun to do. But it really needed to be much less of a grind from the get go, and much easier to do on alts.

10 Likes

I wont even notice you leaving

4 Likes

In my humble bovine opinion, Blizzard can’t figure it out due to a combination of arrogance and self-delusion.

/moo :cow:

28 Likes

Korthia is like Nazjatar. I still haven’t gotten enough mana pearls

6 Likes

Sounds like a “you” problem.

5 Likes

I locked myself at 45, just having fun running quests in older expansions, hunting rares, gathering herbs/ore that no one really wants to farm anymore. It’s honestly far more relaxing than SL is right now.

7 Likes

That’s my everyday :heart:

Nope, don’t do it, just keep having fun days :smiley:

I hope you can have your fun days there every time you play OP! Good luck on your adventure :slight_smile:

7 Likes

You already did.

45 Likes