I'm move to Japan next year will that be possible if my accounct and all my data go with me to Asia?

I spend a lot of time to collect and gonna collect more, I would be happy to keep those data with me when I move to Japan, otherwise its too much time for me to restart everything in Asia

1 Like

Your WoW data will not be transferred across regions.
E.g. US → China/other regional servers.

The only exception is when a region entirely closes business but other regions remain operational (China WOW closed but US enabled data transfer, unique)

You can still play from Japan to US servers or start a local regional account likely.

Edit: Vrakthris incoming!

7 Likes

Yes and no. You can play from practically anywhere in the world but if you have a North American license for World of Warcraft, it will only be able to access the North American version of the game. The Wow license and characters cannot be transferred between regions/versions.

Hehe, you were saying the same thing, I was just dithering over my wording. :smiley:

11 Likes

WoW:NA is completely playable from Japan.

If you’re concerned about latency, you could check out the Australian realms.

5 Likes

You can play your NA account from anywhere in the world. Just remember to update your address and personal information when you move so that Blizzard knows it’s you. But, as the others above me have said, you cannot turn your NA account into an Asia or other regions account so you may experience more latency and interrupts because of your distance from the actual data centers.

5 Likes

like others have said you can potentially still play in asia but youd need to update your profile info accordingly so blizz doesnt get red flags from your long distance log in locations being out side your normal locale.

alternatively youd have to buy the game in the Asia region for an asian license.

same for playing EU wow, need EU copy of game,

id wager same for russia as well as not sure if theyre included in the asia title group or EU’s.

ATVI ceased all sales to Russia in 2022. https://www.theverge.com/2022/3/5/22963195/activision-blizzard-halts-new-game-sales-russia-ukraine-invasion They can play the games if they have them, but can’t buy new games, subscriptions, or MTX. They were EU when they were supported.

All of South East Asia (SEA) is considered part of the Oceanic Americas realm. Australia, New Zealand, a ton of Islands, etc. People will have no issues playing from Japan.

The only thing that gets tricky is currency. The currency used needs to match the address on the account so if people update the address on the account their payment method needs to match. This is mostly an issue for Students and Military on deployment, but people who move should also be aware of it.

6 Likes