I'm looking for "the Florida" of guilds

I don’t mind a little bit of crazy, but I’m mostly talking about the WoW version of sitting around playing bridge and nodding out for regular naps. I’m not interested in repeating the same end game content over and over, so I’ll be useless for raiding. I am interested in playing and making friends, some light dungeon runs, and helping out new folks. I do like PvP with friends, but I’ll be a bit rusty. I’m not sure if I’m buying Dragonflight yet.

Please let me know if there’s a home for me. I don’t mind re-rolling, either faction is fine with me.

2 Likes

Returning Player is an extremely low volume forum, so you likely won’t get many responses here, and those that might respond will likely not be on the same server as you. Here are some suggestions on where to look!

1. New player friendly guilds sticky thread. These are generally good social guilds outside of just being helpful to new players, as the two goals tend to overlap. Some of the older posts might be guilds that aren’t active anymore as the thread is a few years old, but keep reaching out to any that sound interesting to you.

2. Your realm forum. While these are generally pretty low volume as well, guilds that are recruiting there will be specific to your server, so there will be no issues with you joining one should you find something interesting.

3. The in game guild finder (default key “J”, then the “guild finder” tab on the left side of the menu). I’d suggest searching under the “Social and Leveling” option. The guilds who advertise under that label are generally more focused on the kind of things that you listed.

4. And finally, Trade chat. Get to know your fellow server mates. Let people know you’re looking for a guild with a focus on the social aspect. Ask people about their guilds. If you’re looking for a social experience in WoW, you’re going to have to be social to get it. :slight_smile:

The most important aspect of trying to find a guild is just not giving up on it. It can sometimes be a long process, but eventually you will find a place that you’re happy to call home. Don’t be afraid to guild hop for a while if the one you’re currently in isn’t meeting your expectations. And at the end of the day, if you’ve exhausted all other options, creating your own guild is always an option too! (The next couple months will be a good time to do that if it is something you’re interested in. There is always a massive influx of players into the game around expansion release time.)

Best of luck to you, I’m sure you’ll find something that meets your needs!

3 Likes

I think you’re looking for us. We do raid weekly but it’s not the focus of our game play. We push all content from xmogs to mount collecting, questing, and hanigning out in Discord even when we’re not in game. And if RL gets in the way (as it inevitably does) causing us to miss a raid lockout any given week we just go do something else. We’re smallish by design to keep the atmosphere close and friendly. Everyone knows everyone here and we succeed not because we chase gear scores and bragging rights but because we like seeing friends succeed, whether its raid/mythic progression, that long sought after mount, or just being able to log in and enjoy good company rather than treat the game like a second job. So I’ll paste the obligatory guild spam and hopefully we’ll chat soon?

Guild & Server: Sisters of the Night : Alliance: Whisperwind
Type of Guild: Social/M+/Raid/Xmogs/Mounts
Recruitment Contacts:
Discord: Ehlissa#9836
BNet: okayitsliz#1616
Requirements: Be social and active in chat, enjoy grouping and laughing. Be fluent in sarcasm and typonese.
Needs: computer, internet connection, WoW sub, sense of humor.
About Us: formed March 05, SotN is about taking a laid back approach to experiencing end game content. We aim to progress current or AOTC and M+ but accept the fact that as adults real life can and will intrude. It is what it is and we roll with it while having fun together. We also run regular Legacy raids/dungeons for xmogs, mounts, pets, and general shenanigans are aplenty.

Discord is active whether folks are in game or not as social interaction is what keeps us tight knit and effective while avoiding burnout.

Let’s chat!

2 Likes