I'm just counting down the days

@GD and Bdm,

Lol! I think/hope maybe I’ll have more fun this time around. As long as no doofs on horde side tell me I should be using a talent that isn’t even part of my spec. :upside_down_face:

I am also starting to agree with you guys even more about WG but only from the alliance perspective, not horde. On alliance side we get attacking SO much, often start with 30 or fewer players, and if we happen to lose the initial fight it’s essentially impossible to win - so people naturally start AFKing out and whoever decides to stay in the BG (whether backfill or no) is left to run around the map avoiding the zerg of horde vehicles. If blizz refuses to look at WG or make changes, it is a REALLY STUPID BG on alliance side. Horde seems to do fine though.

1 Like

As a melee and non-stealth player, I would say stealth classes like yours have more opportunity for fun in this brawl… also mobile and semi-stealth classes like mages. Hunters should have fun too.

[edit]
Wanted to add IMO boomies are stupid-easy-mode in this brawl. This brawl makes me :face_vomiting: about boomie design. Gross stuff. :point_right::tongue:

The thing for me about WG there just way too many vehicles. when I look up and see a line of red coming towards me It’s not the horde that catch my eye It is the line of vehicles that they got. They could make WG fun just let each side have 5 vehicles at one time you would get a lot more Player vs Player that way.

But there are some on here that like vehicle PVP I’m just not one of them. :frowning_face:

1 Like

That’s a good point about too many vehicles. Yeah, when I am on attacking and see the wave of red vehicles coming to a WSbecause horde have downed all the south towers with 20 minutes left, I just run off. Otherwise I’m just 2-shot. That’s just not fun, any way you slice it.

Eh I wouldn’t consider I’m a stealthy class, I have the ability but everything can see me or destealth me. And no vanish or pseudo vanish like feral has.

It’s like wearing a paper bag, you’re not hidden.

Anyways I’m sure you noticed I don’t find it super fun. It’s just PVE multitarget rotation for 15 minutes. Nothing interesting or unexpected

I just typed out my entire rotation above (not counting procs and grip escapes. The brawl isn’t much more fun than posting what I did. It’s the same.

Yeah. That’s kind of why I don’t get why some like it so much. It’s like a super-duper easy raid fight or something if you are ‘SS/TM-specific’ DPS (certain ranged specs and maybe DKs too).

Another bit of a rant: WG on alliance side is pretty much a joke - even on defending we don’t start with 40, and there are so many doofs who don’t know how to play it and refuse to listen.

[edit]
Re. stealth, I see a fair number of hordie stealths make it to the alliance backlines and kill NPCs or mess with alliance who are rezzing or fall behind. Mostly rogues but, at least stealth have that fun option. If you leave a wide enough berth you won’t be detected IMO…

2 Likes

Not sure where this thread switched to talking about WG, but I’ll bite :joy:

yeah PiPi I’m not sure what the deal is with Alliance casuals in WG, whether it’s defense or offense it’s just a :poop:-show in most matches. The AFK-out rate is also atrocious, as evidenced by me getting dropped into so many “in progress” WG losses on my Alliance toon.

also, regardless of Alliance being on defense or offense, Alliance loses the first teamfight 90% of the time. And due to the “rank” mechanic of Wintergrasp, the first teamfight is like 90% of the match. It’s extremely hard to recover from losing the first teamfight, so far I’ve only seen Horde pull it off (I’m guessing because they’re not as quick to give up/AFK out after a setback).

In any case WG is just so boring, SS vs TM will be a much welcome breath of fresh air imo. Non-stop, mindless PvP fun… I’m looking forward to it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

And one of the main reasons that happens? They are way too passive. Horde will charge right in while half at least of alliance players will hang back/fall back/back peddle away. All a team has to do is push forward and those first team fights would even out.

2 Likes

Let me ask you all something.
Do you like WG and all vehicles that you have to put up with? Or would you rather have Player vs Player experience?

SS/TM Is not everybody’s Cup of tea, but it is more PVP than any other BG.

I won’t solo queue or small group play the epic bgs anymore because I refuse to quit but I refuse to play WG right now. I hear about some fixes and I’ll try it again but I think it is junk.

I will however spam the SS/TM brawl like crazy.

2 Likes

Some other things I notice (first WG teamfight observations):

1. I see Alliance spamming lots of “pad damage” that is fairly harmless such as Barrage, Blizzard, Starfall, etc. Meanwhile, I see Horde throwing out massive nukes such as Chaos Bolts, GPyros, Aimed Shots, Lightning Lasso, etc. So just from this difference in ability choices the Horde team is much more likely to actually get kills… which is the whole point to get “rank”.
  2. Alliance casuals do a poor job of focusing healers, and sometimes they don’t even focus them at all. So even having a +15% damage bonus from being on offense is negated by the Horde’s freecasting healers in the back.
  3. There is always like 5-6 AFKers supposedly “manning” the turrets back at the keep… but everyone knows they are just AFK :laughing: Obviously for a big teamfight having every able-bodied person helps, but being down 5-6 Alliance players due to having those 5-6 AFKers “every” game only makes it that much harder to win a teamfight

^ and all of these things are 100% on the players/the player’s fault, they have absolutely nothing to do with the map itself

1 Like

Fair points. They aren’t why the bg itself is awful but they are part of the reasons alliance is so terrible in it.

Even stealth, with all the aoe flying around, kinda negates it.

Here was my IOC earlier today:

https://imgur.com/a/ViIfgIm

This isn’t WG, no, but the same applies there. Horde stick together amazingly in most of these epic BGs while Alliance will have 1/4 of the team still at the keep, and the rest split between different nodes. Usually the first team fight is super important. Not saying that is all that matters, but it is the difference between a team who works well together and the team who rages in chat and/or afks.

2 Likes

It’s ironic how the epics have completely flipped on factions and how they play. Too bad they can’t get in sync and both sides play well at the same time. :confused:

I loved the concept of TM vs. SS but it really is a boomie/hunter playground. Most ranged do well, but those two do exceptionally well.

Yeah Rogues, Ferals, and Night Elves have drop-combat abilities I lack. They can gamble in ways I can not. Generally not worth it for me.

Sure, you see people do it - not an adequate replacement for having played a class for a decade.

Dusting off the ole boomy for this.

2 Likes

T-minus 5 more days…

Good times ahead :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Here’s hoping 8.2 get pushed back a week so we can concentrate all our efforts on playing this one. :beers::clinking_glasses::tumbler_glass: (pick ur poison)

And now I’m going to :duck: the incoming backlash

1 Like

I think they really screwed up on the whole “timing” thing with the patch, making it come out on the same day as SS vs TM is a big :-1:

Should’ve made 8.2 come out a week later, on the 2nd or something. That would’ve been much better, then I could spam SS vs TM all week long without any… “distractions” :stuck_out_tongue:

But because they chose to release it on the same day as patch 8.2, now I will have to juggle the new content with spamming SS vs TM :expressionless:

2 Likes