I'm Having a Great Time

No one has problems getting into MC on my server. You might die a few times in the attempt, but you’ll get in.

Other instances aren’t nearly as camped, and yeah if you’re not 60, you’re going to have a hard time leveling. Also a well known and established fact to everyone in vanilla. You’re probably going to spend a lot of time in instances. It’s also why leveling speeds weren’t even remotely comparable on pve to pvp servers.

The only way it would truly be unplayable is if PvE content wasn’t instanced, and mmorpgs back in the day DIDNT have that. WoW kind of flagshiped the entire concept. It used to be everything, including raid bosses were open world, so other people could come in and mess you up.

At best PvE content is extremely inconvenient on PvP servers,

wrong, you live in a bubble on Bigglesworth. We are always ready to fly into 20 horde at the very least for MC. Im not complaining but lets keep it real.

1 Like

Yeah, but i see raids come in and destroy those 20s all the time.

I’ve also tried to camp raids outside the MC entrance as well, you get about 2 wipes before everyone is able to jump through the window.

Like i said, you might die a few times, but you’ll get there.

It’s really easy to think you’re getting overwhelmed and not see when you overwhelm the other side. Your guild especially is known by horde for clearing areas.

Missing the point but ok, keep having a great time.

I’m having a great time too, fellow pvper, hope you will enjoy the bgs too.

1 Like

Here’s the thing. Dominant faction is full of the same “I get overrun by the other faction, this game is unplayable” type players.

The fix is to get out of your hiding places and fight back. This IS the reason to choose a PvP realm.

No one is complaining that “this wPvP kag is horrible, game is unplayable” due to bringing that massive faction imbalance.

It’s easier to hide in a city and complain on the forums.

Then what is the point? You think we don’t fight people getting into MC? We’re forced to group up with other guilds to charge into MC when we raid so we don’t get wiped.

Resistance and deaths happen on both sides, that doesn’t mean you can’t get into MC. Have you ever canceled a raid day because of it?

I def will. I like all PvP content, and conflag warlock is crazy fun. Finding a good premade group is going to be the challenge though. I’m also not a fan of queue dodgers as i prefer to play better players (and there’s no ranking system in classic) so i have a sinking suspicion most people i’ll be fighting will be pugs. That would suck after the 50th 3 min victory.

1 Like

Good for you bud. I wish server pop was lower so smaller groups would be better for world pvp. Personally a huge fan of 1v1 wpvp. Very few things can top open world encounter on fair grounds

The best chance of this scenario is on a normal realm. If a fair ground fight broke out on a PvP realm, more will show, quickly.

smaller groups ARE better for wpvp. 1-3 man teams are optimal for honor farming. Anyone in a raid (6+) is blatantly not trying to rank.

1 Like

With this pop - totally yes

Does anyone else except me want wpvp for the sake of it instead of honor farming?

1 Like

Yes thank you for the lesson on DAoC which I didn’t need. But yes we can both agree that comparing the two games is largely pointless. The PvP servers there which I think there were 2 and it quickly became 1 were more of an experiment or side project. WoW has something like half of its servers flagged as PvP. You said all mmos from 1990s - 2007 were the basis for why pvp servers should make pve unplayable. So i welcome the comparison you did have in mind? Everquest? I didn’t even realize it had pvp servers until I googled it just now. Guild wars? Did it even have pve?

Really I fail to see how other games matter though in this context. But I’ll hear you out

Leme play the other side here. This character that I post on I lvled on Bigglesworth, every zone above lvl 30 is littered with horde with little to no alliance to help, you might get 3 mobs before someone comes around and kills you. Even low lvl zones like duskwood, and redridge have hord camping and ganking lowbies for hours uncontested. That being said, I switched to a verry ballanced pvp server and am having a great time.

4 Likes

I’m glad that somebody on the forums is having fun. Based on the posts over the last week, you’d think WoW was an exam we were all being forced to take instead of a video game.

2 Likes

The pop isn’t as far off as people claim. The main difference is more people are aware of this wPvP gameplay and actively seek it out.

Not talking about imbalance tho. Just having times more people in the world of the same size seems a bad idea

What realm you on, it’s probably not as high pop as you’d think

You are wrong. Never did Blizzard state that the population caps in 2005 was because the WORLD was designed for that many people.

You are just blaming everyone but yourself. Play on a PVE server.

1 Like

I 100% agree here,

I enjoyed WPvP in P1 when it was based on limited rescources, feels much more natural and realistic than “need ma honor points”

1 Like