I'm glad I play classic and not retail

I strongly dislike retail, but character customization is legit. You ever play City of Heroes/Villains back in the day? You could spend hours messing around with character creation. It was amazing.

Mock retail all you want, but don’t mock character customization.

3 Likes

This is why I avoid the wow subreddit. It’s just photos of like a dwarf’s beard and people are like “blizzard when are you going to give us more customization options?”

It’s turned into a collectathon and people just want to play to look pretty.

I think the devs did that to thumb their noses at the “OMG LFR is soooo easy!” crowd.

I didn’t even read this post even though it is not even long.
I liked it solely on its title.

the worse is really that you guys are here with us . I played retail a bit and i dont care about it your hard content. I dont see mysefl doing it with some random who will hope in a queue with someone else at the the first problem.

I dont care about it. I want people force into the world. I want streamer to cry and go back to there safe space aka retail .

I want the drama. I want i want all of it . I want to make a mage run 10 min when i kill him in winter spring then to come beg me that he just need 4 more mobs.

GO BACK TO BACK TO WERE YOU BELONG AM NOT CHEERY PICKING AM NOT GONNA PLAY YOUR SAFE SPACE YOU QUEUE THING. I WANT PEIOPLE TO BE FORCE INTO THE WORRD WERE THEY WILL SUFFER AND MAYBE MAYBE JUST MAYBE GET OVERCOME !

Don’t care what version of WoW is easier or harder. Classic feels more like an actual RPG than retail, thus holds my attention infinitely more.

1 Like

This.

Honestly, I would play Retail if they hadn’t destroyed every aspect of it that made it an RPG.

It’s like the original WoW was a male orc, and now they’ve emasculated him so much that he’s turned into a female gnome.

Ya they tried their hardest to turn it into a mobile / facebook game. Now it’s just a dress up, mount farming simulator.

Have you seen the original 2004 artwork for orcs? Like the guttural and brutal one on the original wsg art. Now compare that to the tired old emasculated simp orcs they have in the BFA / legion trailers. Absolutely pathetic.

One thing I have noticed about modern wow and GD, is that so much of it revolves around cosmetics. I get that character customisation it’s important, but it seems to have taken centre stage in modern retail.

They’re obsessed with races, faces, hairstyles, tattoos, body jewellery, armor/transmog, mounts. And whenever ‘x’ cosmetic feature gets added, they complain that ‘y’ doesn’t have enough customisation, and just continue looping through.

Like, they don’t care if the game play is trash, they just want to play a High Elf with body jewellery. Then when they get that, they want customisable tails for their furries.

i’m sure i’ll go back eventually… but i’m definitely loving classic currently. as we speak retail is in a dead state, waiting for the next expansion to come out. Classic on the other hand is alive with new content, which not all of us have had to chance to play through. I was around back then but i wasn’t a raider. So ya, aq is new even to a guy like me who’s been around since 2008.

Retail is Batman with nips. Classic is Keaton and Nicholson. Scratch that, Classic is Adam West RIP. BC and Wrath is Keaton and Nicholson.

Retail pvp sucks. Every class is the same except warrior and shaman which are both trash

Yeaaaah, Blizzard really need to stop trying to balance the game around some competitive illusion and get back to the RPG aspect of MMOs introducing some fun, broken mechanics - but it is what it is.

Retail is still miles more skill based than Classic in PvP, whether you like the class balancing or not.

I was happy with retail, and thought I would try Classic briefly and stop. Wrong! I was sold. I’ve only played Classic, from day one.

But I remember the constant complaining in retail forums. Thanks. I get pretty tired of the constant complaining in Classic forums. I forget that retail was just as bad – or worse.

Azor u forgot 1 thing in your list well actually 2 things and they are pretty big.

Alliance whining about pvp happening on a pvp server during phase 2.

And

The cave is the reason alliance can’t win avs.

1 Like

I played the new intro experience on the PTR, Exile’s Reach. It takes about an hour, and culminates in a trivial fight with an undead dragon. I think that tells you all you need to know about the mentality of retail. The whole game is flat. No progression exists anymore. Just trivially killing dragons right from the start.

What’s the first dragon you fight in classic? Shade of Eranikus in sunken temple? Next, Onyxia? You should have to invest some time in your character before taking on a dragon, or it just cheapens the whole experience.