I'm glad I play classic and not retail

I was just browsing the general discussion thread for retail and man that place is depressing.

People are actually complaining about not enough character customization selections. What is that game? The Sims? Classic you are locked into your choice and nobody complains. In retail apparently if your race doesn’t have the ability to make a blue and black swoop over with a perm it’s something to complain about.

I also laughed at a thread complaining about heirlooms not giving bonus levelling XP during the new expansion. The entitlement mentality in retail players is next level. I’m glad I don’t play it.

Classic has its problems but at least the things that people complain on here about are actually serious problems that need addressing such as silithus griefing, Alterac Valley being very alliance unfriendly as a map, mass reporting, multiboxing et cetera.

33 Likes

You must have missed the complaints about the barber shop in the classic forum. Must be nice to cherry pick for an agenda :rofl:

39 Likes

WoW always lacked character appearance customization options. This is an RPG and the number of duplicate characters running around the world doesn’t do the RP part of RPG any favors.

10 Likes

You obviously didn’t see the WoW forums back in the day is all I can say. You had constant forum drama over classes (people wanted their class patches), the bus-shock incident, trolling, etc. People were complaining about a guy who was doing his own 40 man multi-boxing setup. AQ40 was a s**t show at launch.

People aren’t going to complain about classic like they are on retail because everyone already know where the game goes. It goes straight into TBC.

So when you all clear Naxx and and they say no TBC: then you guys can complain about having nothing to do.

13 Likes

Yeah because nobody in classic spends gold to level up faster right?

20 Likes

I dunno, Classic just feels like some offshoot of retail to me.

4 Likes

Forums, regardless of what game or where, will always have the vocal minority posting there.

People who are happy and content will not be making complaint threads all day. They are busy having fun.

6 Likes

players spent well over 100k to buy and upgrade boas for the purpose of leveling faster. it’s not entitlement to be upset over such a significant change.

2 Likes

You’re not wrong about retail being closer to The Sims than actual WoW.

3 Likes

You had me agreeing and nodding my head to your opening post. Right until the silithus griefing part. That’s where you lost me.

Sim raid bosses might be harder then classic though.

3 Likes

Too many whiny chumps spoiled the soup. Daddy I want an oompa loompa too.

2 Likes

What is this your first time on the forums?

5 Likes

That must be when a lot of retail babies were trying Classic out.

I mean, they’ve spent months complaining about the rest of the game and things only changed very, very recently. Now everyone is waiting on Shadowlands, praying it isn’t the dumpster fire that the entirety of BfA ultimately was.

Honestly, just give me playable Naga and I’ll be happy.

1 Like

I’m glad I’m six feet tall and not a gnome.

i would pay thousands of in-game gold for a race change.

Classic elitists are amusing.

If you enjoy PvE or competitive PvP - Retail’s the superior game, like by a long shot.

If you enjoy the other 70% of the game that WoW used to be, Classic’s the better game.

People should play both and make their own opinions around it, although Retail is a pretty hefty grind to get past the LFR/Mythic +10 Key hump.

There is nothing skill based in Classic outside of how well you can manipulate your way into a better position socially and premade vs premade PvP/duels. It’s a casual experience for having fun.

7 Likes

As opposed to people spending around 40k - 70k gold in Classic’s economy for a mount?

1 Like

Honestly my favourite thing about classic is when you see a characters visual set that is the gear they are wearing.

I couldn’t stand all the transmog back in retail :man_facepalming:t2:

5 Likes