I'm fine with 1.12 AV

Yes. Yes I do. Blizzard has shown that they can just add a little person that you talk to that will take you to whatever version of something they want to allow you into.

Vanilla AV was the best AV. (IMO)

How nice that you are perfectly content with something that for a lot of us is a huge portion of our endgame that has been slated to be the worst, neutered and watered down version of it within the vanilla timeframe.

You already had 2 out of the 3 BGs to be fast. We had only this 1.

Posters like you are the “new wall of no”.
Old AV is to New AV what Vanilla WoW is to Modern WoW
You cannot conceive that many want what represents vanilla the best (it is not the latest, most gutted version), but hey, you’re content so the rest can just be unhappy. There is “SO much more to Classic than AV to look forward to” yet we could not get this one thing right, which many of us feel was pretty big and important. We couldn’t have this one specific thing, which the lot of you that prefer the shorter versions could ignore and just do all of that “SO much more” content.

Or keep our wallets closed as blizzard is not interested in making the game for us. The “clarity” being all about them.

I’m super disappointed and disgusted at the sudden influx of people who’ve never posted in here telling us that our concern is unwarranted and we should “just be thankful” for what they are providing. Sorry, but I expect more than what private servers have been providing, not less.

2 Likes

Would I like to experience a 4+ hour long AV again?

Yes.

Do I want every AV to be 4+ hours?

No.

I’d say I’m OK with 1.12 AV as well. I wish we could see Korak again, but it is what it is. At least reinforcements will be gone.

4 Likes

I think you need to re-read my post. I’m not telling anybody that their concerns are unwarranted, I’m putting forward my personal opinion based on the experiences that I actually had during Vanilla. I started playing during patch 1.3 and hit 60 probably around about the time that patch 1.5 came out. I’ve played AV through patches 1.5 to 1.12, have played the long matches and equally have played the zergs. I have many fond memories of Vanilla WoW but multi-day long AVs were not amongst them.

I suspect - sorry, I know - there are others out there that feel the same.

So hop off your high horse champ, congrats to you for posting on the forums for a longer period of time than I have. You da man. I’ve been waiting for Classic to be released for probably just as long as you have, and as I said, I’m super pumped and thankful that Blizzard are doing it.

The zerg only became common on my server because reinforcements. 10 Alliance on defense can effectively hold the entire horde team on the Stormpike Bridge.

1.12 can have 4+ hour AVs, not 1.12s fault if people want to zerg and ignore the other team.

That makes absolutely zero sense.

Only because you apparently can’t wrap your mind around the fact that people on my server/battlegroup never did straight zergs in Vanilla. We always had 10-12 people on defense so our AV always, always lasted 3-4 hours in 1.12.

If you’d actually played when reinforcements were added you’d understand why.

Reinforcements made playing D a worthless prospect because you typically had no chance of winning. Hence why bother.

Seriously, explain how implementation of reinforcements caused zergs to become common. Stop waving different arguments around like a bullfighter. Explain what you wrote above.

Because reinforcements made playing D pointless.

Are you Dawnspirit’s alt or something? I asked her a direct question and she should be able to explain statements she herself made.

It’s simple. We didn’t zerg on my server/battle group before reinforcements. We had people on defense. When reinforcements came out the horde would use their chokepoint with their whole team at IBGY because it was basically a guaranteed win.

So the Alliance had to start zerging because standing toe to toe, team to team lead to a loss 99% of the time.

2 Likes

Because you could lose the match while still successfully defending your base.

2 Likes

If zerging becomes meta. I will personally lead premades to stop them by turtle and HK farm.

1 Like

1.12 AV’s NPCs are weakened to the point that it makes zerging and racing very feasible. That is the main issue with 1.12.

It was the most fun I ever had in this game. Are you implying a quick 15 minute race with no PvP is somehow fun just because you got your little reward?

1 Like

I hope we’re in the same AV’s because I’ll choke the bejesus out of any point we can.

Get some players on your team to play defense then you don’t have 15 minute raids. What a novel concept. PvP in a battleground.

1 Like

Surprising a Zerg with people defending the boss and wiping them is the most glorious thing you can do. I can’t wait.

If you want long AV, glory, and Carnage - Pledge to Turtle. Pledge to #StopTheZerg

2 Likes

It is absolutely wonderful to see some others who acknowledge that players have some control in all of this.

I want AV 1.5 and will be really happy if we eventually get it. But I didn’t want a classic server just for 1.5 AV. I wanted classic for everything else it offers.

1.12 AV + 1.12 Vanilla? I’ll take it, sign me up.