I'm excited to see what original owners of the Feldrake will be getting!

I’ve had the Feldrake for the past 12 years, and during that time it’s been a mount that I’ve always felt proud of. Pulling cards until getting it was definitely a journey.
The mount itself is nice; not too flashy, just another drake, but with subtle hints of fel magic that separated it from the rest. It felt nice having something so rare but blended in so well with other drakes.

I’m sure that Blizzard will honour that feeling by ensuring that people who put the time, effort (and money) into pulling cards all those years ago will be rewarded with a new, slightly different version of the Feldrake, so that the original owners are able to retain that feeling of rarity and nostalgia and that of being the first to own them.

Riot Games does this in a great way by granting legacy owners of rare skins a new version of the original skin that is slightly different, so that new players can obtain the skin since they never had the chance before, and the legacy players are able to show off that they are original owners, so that everyone is happy. An example of this would be the Championship Riven skin which Riot Games rereleased, in which they put the skin back up in the shop for everyone but gave all the original owners a new variant of the skin with a crown on the character as well as updated splash art on the loading screen as a means of compensation and acknowledgement.

So, I can’t wait to see the mount that legacy Feldrake owners are going to get as compensation, because not doing that would be an insult and is tantamount to handing out old gladiator mounts for free because “new people never got a chance to get them.” Oh and they’d probably want to just start handing out free Black Proto drakes, Crusader’s White Warhorses and anything else that made the game worth playing. I guess we’ll see.

40 Likes

They already give out old mythic raid mounts at a low drop chance. Honestly I think old PVP mounts and gear should be similarly obtainable in some way. Maybe a low drop chance from some sort of pvp reward bag.

I’m glad they’re bringing the feldrake in since if it were possible to get by buying tcg packs at the store I’d be doing that.

24 Likes

Nothing will probably happen and this is not the same as handing out out Glad mounts.

A cancelled card game that happened to have mount codes for a game is not the same as an Older Glad mount for a game that is still going.

Just to be clear, I’m not saying you shouldn’tget anything, rather don’t expect anything.

32 Likes

and by this you mean, you actually rarely used it after you got it, right?

25 Likes

It’s one of 5 mounts saved to my “Favourites” button that I cycle through, so no, I still ride it.

8 Likes

uh huh. well yall arent going to be getting any compensation mount for already owning a tcg mount from over a decade ago. totally on brand for WoW players to immediately jump to that, though. “someone’s getting something special i have? well what are you giving me instead then so i can still be special?”

43 Likes

You’ll survive. I have enjoyed my original mage tower weapon appearances and would be thrilled to have those come back for newer members. Mounts are no different. I see no reason why a limited opportunity has got peoples undies in such a twist.

13 Likes

Why not just give everyone every mount mount ever? Give everyone every title, pet, mount, toy, etc. I mean who cares about cosmetics and how they were obtained.

TCG items were special because they were TCG items. Glad mounts are special because they’re glad mounts. Different sources yield different rewards. That’s what makes them unique and desirable. It’s why people grind for things. It’s why people raid, it’s why people bought card packs until they got their mount, and it’s why people push for Glad each season.

If the argument for why TCG items are being handed out for free is because “I wasn’t around when they were a thing”, then where’s my Black Proto Drake. I wasn’t around when that was a thing so I should get it too.
“WELL YOU HAD TO ACTUALLY RAID IN GAME FOR THAT”
I had to open card packs. You didn’t. ???

If the argument is that “It’s now defunct and who cares it was 15 years ago”, then fine, I’ll take my Corrupted Ashbringer from Naxx 40. It’s a defunct raid and it’s from 15 years ago. Who cares? Free Ashbringers for everyone!
“WELL YOU HAD TO ACTUALLY RAID IN GAME FOR THAT”
I had to open card packs. You didn’t. I’m not getting your item. You shouldn’t be getting mine???

What’s the point of collecting rare, end-game cosmetics if they’re just going to be given out later on for free?

Why not make a new mount and drop that instead, instead of taking a rare and beloved mount and making it completely worthless because every twitch-lurking andy can now crawl around on it. All they need to do is pull up a twitch stream on their second monitor with the tab muted while they play Overwatch for a few hours.

18 Likes

You’ll get nothing, and like it.

19 Likes

most of us have said we’re more than ok with this, so it’s not the “gotcha” argument that you think it is

19 Likes

Should do a re-colour so it still has value.

15 Likes

This^^^^^^^^^^^^

6 Likes

I know exactly what you will be getting…

Nothing. So deal with it. there is nothing you can do about it and blizzard is gonna do what they want to do.

9 Likes

How much money did you invest to pull the card?

4 Likes

More tears please these posts are really fun to read!

14 Likes

You did nothing to get it except spend money. Not sure why that’s something to be proud of.

I really don’t understand y’all.

There’s nothing to compensate you for. You had it longer than others. No one cares.

30 Likes

I think the braindead hyperbole is my favorite part of this week’s outrage train.

25 Likes

It reminds me of that episode of Spongebob where Mr. Krabs is foaming at the mouth screaming at a crowd about how they’ll “never get a cent out of me.”

4 Likes

Then they would have to give ppl who bought the frog mount for 300k gold, a mount upgrade as well, seems as they made it free in the next xpac. :))

I spent a crap ton of gold on my Ethereal Soul Trader. I’m not proud of it, I’m not prestigious for having it, I’m not cooler than everyone else.

I absolutely think it should be a giveaway. I got a crap ton of years out of it before everyone else, so I got my money’s worth.

1 Like