I'm done and the schedule is to blame

It’s not even remotely fast.

1 Like

Can I have your stuff?

7 Likes

WoW Goldilocks Syndrome has never been clearer than it has been in this thread. If you level slower than me, you’re a scrub. If you level faster, you’re a no-lifer.

The obvious fact that different players in the community progress across a very wide range of rates is exacerbated by Classic, a game which makes no concessions to this fact whatsoever. This fundamental idea, and the fact that some players feel left behind, is down to game design and the fact that a portion of players make it their goal to get to endgame as quickly as possible. Not the rate at which content is rolled out, which wouldn’t be an issue at all, whether it happened or not, in an ideal world where all players progressed at the same rate.

You may want to blame Blizz for their quick rollout, but the Endgame Race would be taking place whether they decided to roll out each phase one month or one year apart. And anyone uninterested in the Race would simply feel left out, with no mechanism for catching up.

And of course the Bleeding Edge players want it this way, because the feeling of exclusivity they get from being first is what competitive players want above anything else. The catch-up mechanisms of modern WoW are precisely the reason they hate that game and are here playing Classic.

This is all the nature of the beast, and in Classic it is unfixable - #nochanges and all that.

5 Likes

Where has there even been a statement saying 6 month phases? Did you just assume that classic was gonna be a 4-5 year deal? The content droughts would be disgusting.

3 Likes

Lets see
Aug 27th - Phase 1
Oct 15th - Dire maul
Nov 12th - Phase 2
Let’s say Phase 3 gets released super quick
Dec 17th - Phase 3
Now the majority of Vanilla that people remember when they played it is live.

They could easily stretch the rest out…
Feb 11th - Phase 4
April 14th - AQ door opening event
May 14th - Phase 5 and AQ Event
July 14th - Undead Invasion Event
August 24th - Phase 6 and Naxx opens

1 Like

I have the same set up IE the wife and kids. So now we know why you’re not cap, You didnt want to put aside other games for a week or two to hit it.

Don’t complain cause your scheduling ability sucks, that’s on you, not blizzard.

8 Likes

It does seem a bit odd. It’s not like they have half a dozen expansions to quickly roll out along with phases for each. It’s funny how they can stretch things out like flying in retail, but classic is some sort of rush to get it over with.

Makes you wonder if they’re in this retro mode for the long haul, or if this was all for a quick influx of cash for a year or two to keep Blizz in the black while dealing with the possible general displeasure with the retail game.

8 Likes

nobody said you have to be 60 until phase 2 otherwise you wont be able to play. >.> chill out you will be still able to play the game. You wont be banned or something.

4 Likes

I strongly doubt that Blizzard will bother going past Wrath. Also, giving us a mid-patch rather than a new raid is fine.

Are you saying they won’t make us relive the disappointment of Cataclysm? Lol.

Cataclysm wasn’t a failure to people who actually played the game till they introduced 4.3

I remember my guildies saying cata was rough at the start of the xpac but that trickled away. I loved the initial cata raid model of having 3 raids of varying sizes and varying difficulties to progress through.

I’d prefer it if they didn’t go past wrath but my voice doesn’t matter.

You’re nuts. Blizzard never gave specifics about their launch schedule for the Phases.

I know several casual gamer dads who are 60. A few of them are nearing the completion of their BiS.

I believe you mean correctly assumed. You have had more than 2 months to reach 60, yet you haven’t. That is your fault, not Blizzard’s.

5 Likes

It just feels…off.

I honestly don’t expect any expansions/patches beyond the endgame of Vanilla. But you would think, however far they decide to go, they’d make it last a bit longer. Not necessarily “new” content, but to spread things out long enough to really get down and fix the ‘unfixable’ vanilla bugs, release content at a slower pace…generally keep the classic players around that much longer.

Dumping all the Vanilla content in a year or less feels more like a quick cash grab than something they want to keep and treasure for the playerbase long-term.

Why? Most of the players they targeted with this were private server players who had 1 patch with everything released the minute it started. And those people were content playing that 1 singular patch state forever.

We are clearing Ony and MC in 1 night. Clearly Blizzard wasnt expecting players to burn the starting phase down with Napalm but thats what happened so theyve had to adjust.

1 Like

Pretty sure they wanted to give people the experience of playing Vanilla. They weren’t looking for a long-term community of people to play Vanilla for longer than a year. They really wanted a snapshot of their museum.

These people WILL exist, just not in the numbers you think it will. People will move to the new expansion, two months later they’ll cry about X,Y,Z and go back. Others will move to a BC server later on because I’m sure BC and WotLK are coming but much later. Those servers are probably for sub retention when people start bailing out of shadowlands.

There’s strategies for all of this.

I’m so glad everyone makes a new thread to say the same thing.

2 Likes

Don’t blame the job, wife and kid when you say this.

9 Likes

The world doesn’t revolve around you and the other 100 activities you consider more important than Classic.

The schedule was never, EVER going to be 6 months for each phase. Anyone who thought that didn’t think very hard. Ion said the first couple phases would be a couple months between each other.

5 Likes

Get owned dadgamer

1 Like

got a source?

1 Like