I'm Disappointed with Season 4

I will not speak for everyone. But IMHO I am not interested in playing at all in Season 4 of DF. And I will not be.

Imagine watching a series on Netflix, then seeing a trailer for the next season and being super excited for the next season. However, the next season isnt going to be out for about 6 months. So, you’re stuck watching the same season you just watched or find something else to watch or do.

They could have brought back an older existing raid from an expansion in MOP or even CATA. Tossed in a toggle to make it appropriate for our current gear level and tier sets. But nope.

Also WTF say we are going to have a “Timewalking PANDAmonium” event and just give us the same M+ dungeons that are IMHO the worst dungeons we have had in a very long time.

Anyway, its to late to fix anything. I am going to pause my sub until TWW and go out and touch some grass this summer. Do some fishing and pass out on the beach.

10 Likes

Don’t forget there’s lots of other good games out there as well, even MMOs. You could find something else you end up liking, or maybe end up appreciating WoW even more.

7 Likes

It is good you are not speaking for everyone because you are not exactly saying anything constructive. Just gibberish.

You don’t find the content engaging and want to pause your sub. That is perfectly fine as it is your money and your time.

10 Likes

That is pretty much the modus operandi of every Netflix/steaming series.

6 Likes

Have a good break!

Sorry that we’ll miss you for S4, but I hope you’ll make it for the start of The War Within?

Will you maybe be coming back in the last month of S4 instead? Consider it.

As a whole, I think most people are waiting either for Season 4 in retail, Phase 3 (in one week) in SoD, or just chilling until the next expansion TWW.

Valdrakken has been a ghost town (on my servers), and queues have been long for PvP stuff like Battleground Blitz. Aside from people going back to do the world content meta achieves for those new mounts they added, I don’t see many in DF right now.

Maybe they’re still doing M+, but the overworld seems empty, and PvP queues are simply too long for me- I’ll just boot up another game instead.

Kinda hard to justify playing DF right now at the end of a season, when there’s stuff like Helldivers 2 and Dragon’s Dogma 2, BG3 still being played, FF7: Rebirth, and so-on.

Maybe next season will bring some stuff that’s worth sticking around for, we won’t know until it arrives.

I’m excited for TWW, but feeling kinda lukewarm on S4, based on what I’ve seen.

Pandamonium, sounds interesting though.

And ofc, I’m still playing SoD. It’s a slower game so it takes longer to burn out.

1 Like

I cancelled my sub based purely on the lack of effort by the developers to deliver even the bare minimum of a “Fated” season concept. This season has absolutely nothing innovating or interesting.

5 Likes

One of these days I will understand seasons, mythic 352424+, and all the rest outside of lfr…

4 Likes

As opposed to farming regular dungeons all day? Wow has always been about grinding dungeons for gear

It’s a good thing they are rushing out SoD phases. But I still will get bored when I hit 50 and unsub.

Retail is coming to a point of no return because they keep resetting everything. Why do I want my IO reset right now? I don’t. Why do I want to go get the other old tier set? I don’t. Why do I want to run the DF dungeons again? I don’t.

Uhhhhhhhh…

2 Likes

I’m pretty disappointed in S4 mythic plus. The dragonflight dungeons aren’t all that interesting to begin with, now I’m expected to rerun them for 6 months with no seasonal affix? I think I’ll pass. I’d rather grab my ksm mount and fated mount and take 5 months off. Maybe they’ll cook up something better for tww.

2 Likes

I disliked the seasons at first until I just started setting my goals for the season…hitting them than quitting till next reset

Since we only got them once, and it’s been months to a year, I’m glad we are getting a full season of only DF dungeons.

DF dungeons this expansion are engaging and have some teeth for the most part, with way less boring aspects that reusing old dungeons brought (although I still like rotating dungeons to change it up).

Since we have done these all before I’m a little sad they aren’t doing a seasonal affix. It’s also really funny that you can get the max power reward without even having the 3rd affix active.

We went from season 1 having affixes at 2/4/7/10 and needing a 20 for max power rewards to season 4 with affixes at 2/5/10 but only needing a 9 for max power rewards. And affixes have been nerfed/removed since season 1 and replaced with 3 easy ones.

1 Like

Cool story.

3 Likes

I actually love seasons like this

I’m gonna get KSM and fated mount asap and then finish the meta achieve for the expansion

Content downtime is prime time for going back and doing old stuff imo

3 Likes

You just described real life… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I’m disappointed that you’re disappointed.

Am I the only idiot that actually likes df dungeons? I’m just glad we don’t have the mega dungeon to do anymore in M+

4 Likes

I feel like season 4 (or last season of an expac) should be like this - A time to prepare for the next expansion and give people and chance for a breather or to catch up on other things.

1 Like

As it’s looking now, season 4 has fallen into the same trap as SL fated season did, nothing for casual open world players to do, it’s all built around dungeons and raids again. Could have sworn Blizz admitted this was a shortcoming of Shadowland’s fated season and they need to do better, but they seem to have forgotten already.

3 Likes

Can you leave a Blizzard review on Yelp? Google maybe? Try that as well.

1 Like