I'm disappointed in Shadowlands delay

I don’t expect anything to come from this, but I’m upset at the situation and I need to vent somewhere. Sorry if this comes off as petty, but I’m distraught because of it and I need to get my ideas out into the Twisting Nether to make myself feel less angry.

I have been really looking forward to Shadowlands expansion drop. As a healthcare provider, I’ve been having to work extra hard this year due to the pandemic on top of trying to somehow accommodate regular patients.

I was devastated when they delayed the release date of Shadowlands. I pulled all the strings that I could to make sure that I could have time off for the release for the 27th, and while I do understand that the game is not ready yet and so it can not be released, I feel a bit stung since I had called in all of my favors to get the time off and now I won’t be able to get any more time off for the rest of the year (plus I agreed to work Thanksgiving AND Christmas to have the time off) for the actual release of Shadowlands. I am going to spend my days off alone playing games that I would rather not play.

I don’t have beta access. My friend berated me by saying, “If you had even tried the beta, you would have known that the game was not going to be ready, so you shouldn’t have taken that time off!” (what a “friend”) I had to arrange my time off basically 2 weeks after the release date had been announced to arrange for it.

I just feel upset at the situation more than anything. I have been subbed off and on since TBC and really love the game (corruptions and the grind ended up being too much for me to keep up with as a healthcare provider, so I burned myself out and stopped playing as much near the end of BFA). I was really looking forward to playing and experiencing launch day with my friends (they have more flexible schedules and will play launch whenever it happens).

Thank you for reading my rant and I’m sorry that you had to look at my little pity party. I’m not going to refund Shadowlands or anything because I really want to play when it comes out, but it just feels melancholy.

13 Likes

covid sucks. that’s why its delayed mostly according to blizzard.

thank you for your service on the front lines.

6 Likes

I don’t mind a delay, better to release a decent game late than a broken one early but i have to say that i disagree with dropping the pre-patch so far away from the expansion itself, so much is broken and feels horrible/incomplete now and it was only meant to be that way for a week or so to find our feet before SL itself. Now we have months of things being broken and old content being more tedious when that’s literally all we have to do.

4 Likes

It’s cute you think this is gonna result in a decent game.

The only changes they’ve made since the delay are things in the complete opposite direction players keep asking for. They’re doubling down on their bad ideas.

3 Likes

You’ll have to forgive me for thinking that Blizzard having a longer time to work on the game will translate into a better product, i know they’ve taken a lot of things in the wrong direction but i’m always willing to wait and see how it plays out. Beta felt kinda fun to me so i’m hopeful.

6 Likes

at this point they need to just come out with a wow 2

1 Like

I’m going to be blunt about the delay… I don’t care. It’s just a game. It simply isn’t that important.

4 Likes

I’m sorry OP, I really am. At least you give some output as well as input into your valid reasoning.

With the delay, I really DO hope some good comes out of this. Many, many people are in the same shoes you’re in right now.

2 Likes

I hope other good things happen for you instead. I’m also upset about the delay since it was a way to connect/interact with friends. To me, the game is always going to be in open beta for the first couple months regardless of when it releases and see no point in them delaying it.

2 Likes

Thanks. COVID does suck.

I’m in beta and I follow every bit of news and updates. From what I can see, they’ve made a lot of good changes to many of the systems this week and the last little while.

To each their own, but I say you’re wrong.

2 Likes

All I’m going to say is thank you for the work you do. I’m sorry you’re disappointed. If you were here I’d share the rest of this wine with you.

2 Likes

Thank you. It means more than you know. <3

2 Likes

As a 911 dispatcher, I thank you for all that you do.

But…

You sacrificed two major holidays to spend with family… for a video game release. :confused:

4 Likes

If Shadowlands was actually released on time it would have actually killed the game. It is extremely buggy and unfinished even now.
Blizzard made this problem when they blindsided everyone with such an early release date. They announced it mid covid too so they should have known things were going to take longer.

I’m single. Live alone. Family is far away. Not even a boyfriend. I could’ve spent it with friends, however. I figured that it would be nice for me to offer to let other people spend time with their families for the holidays and in turn I could get something that I was looking forward cleared up.

3 Likes

I’ll just say this: I was on Beta yesterday and there were a few people talking/complaining about progress halting bugs.

Alright, I can’t argue with that. I’m sorry you don’t have any family to spend the holidays with though. I shall send you lots of warm vibes while you work. Honestly, I wish I could skip the holidays this year.

1 Like

Cheers. Also, your work as a 9-1-1 dispatcher is very important as well. Thank YOU for your work. We’re in it together <3

1 Like

Yes we are. :yellow_heart: :heart: :white_heart: :blue_heart:

2 Likes