I'm confused why some players are upset about the instance cap

It’s also a game where there’s not a heck of a lot of personal progression beyond gear, and raid gear isn’t necessarily the best.

1 Like

This is just a small list of issues that will continue to grow overtime. Going forth with this change will mean the following:

• Feral druids who farm Manual Crowd Pummeler, impacting their DPS and/or threat.
  • 60’s farming low level dungeons for easy profession mats or who are legitimately boosting their friends/guild mates/alts are now restricted to how many dungeons they can do, some dungeons being very short in length and can be done within minutes.
  • Buying/Selling legit dungeon boost leveling services. These boosts are often very fast, and can easily cause both the buyer and seller to reach their limit in a few short hours.
  • Dungeon botters and exploiters will move out into the open world to continue to farm at a slightly reduced GPH rate. This means more competition for open world resources or mobs.
  • The every day player can not keep up with a SCRIPT. This will drive UP the supply/demand of resources, as well as price point, causing the economy to take a dive.
  • This will impact the ability for the average player to afford the new rising prices of the economy, which more or less effects those who are doing end game content.
  • This will impact dungeon resets for herb/mining nodes.
  • This impacts dungeon resetting for rare spawns. “Sorry, can’t check for Jed, I’ve already done 27 dungeon resets within the last 24 hours.”
  • When resetting for rare spawns, you can easily blow through your 5 resets for the hour in 5 minutes. This means that certain boss loot tables will virtually become inaccessible.
  • Impacts the possibility of doing raids, especially those doing multiple raids in a single week. (Let’s take into account getting Dire Maul Tribute buffs, getting the fire resistance buff from UBRS and then entering BWL.) That is 3 instances right there.
  • Opens up the possibility of more legitimate players seeking out illegal ways of obtaining gold, like black market websites because they are unable to legitimately farm for their gear or raid consumes.
  • Players can only do up to a 6 hour dungeon grind session per day. If you saved your weekend to level your alts, looks like you’ll be questing quite a bit instead.
  • This limit the amount of gold the average player is able to generate in a day’s work. This issue goes hand in hand with several other issues on this list, especially the one about fighting for open world nodes or mobs.

It is indeed a problem. It’s about the number of resets. Doing a full run of a dungeon like Strat 30 times, yes, that’s hard to imagine. However doing Stockades because it’s short or farming for a specific piece of gear… then it’s easy. What about those that are resetting dungeons for herbs? What about people selling/buying dungeon boosts ? It’s easy to hit 30 resets when you think it over.

10 Likes

I’m actually in support of no changes to classic, so I’m with you. I just wanted to better understand if people are actually THAT affected by this, and I think that only the very hardcore might be. Kind of. But not really that much.

1 Like

as many people have said, it’s relatively easy to hit the 30 cap.
It also impacts the bots in no meaningful way, and is just a way to get people to warm up to WoW token.

It’s not 30 instances a day you dweeb. No one is sitting in a dungeon for 1 hour each dungeon doing 30 hours of Dungeoning… its all about resets. AND it doesnt tackle the problem anyways. IT DOES NOT FIX PATHING.

the fact is this change does very little to hinder bots (despite what blizzard claims) and hurts the little guy more then anything.

its also going to cause mats to cost more money, which again, does little to hinder the heavy farmers and bots, but hurts the little guy.

I just dont understand why a retailer would open a forum post about something he has no idea about than try to argue points against it.

1 Like

You don’t have to be hardcore at all to hit the instance limit.

1 Like

These “players” who claim to be quitting over 30 lockouts are just gold farmers upset about losing money. They will adapt and figure another hustle in game.

8 Likes

Learn to read, friend.

I play a warrior? What am I farming in dungeons please tell me?

I disagree. I don’t think its relatively easy to hit the cap, nor do I think that statement actually means anything, since its speaking in relative terms. Relative to what? Gold farmers spending 18+ hours in instances a day?

I don’t think players will be that affected by this personally. Nobody is convincing me otherwise yet. I can see how boosters would hit the instance cap, but the solution there is simple. Plan out your gameplay. Stop boosting friends when you need to be farming BiS gear. Or, sacrifice some of your BiS attempts (you likely won’t need THIRTY chances at a drop that often, and a 24 hour wait for another 30 is not really that long imo) in order to power level your friends. Either way, you can still “play the game” plenty, and that’s what people seem to think is a problem.

People don’t like being limited, and I totally get it. Back in the day I used to farm small radiant shards on my rogue. I hated the 5 instances/hour cap. But, I didn’t quit the game over it.

3 Likes

Resets are instances… if you reset the same dungeon 5 times it counts as 5 dungeons. Use your brain

When did I say otherwise?

#Nochanges. There wasn’t 30 dungeon Mobile game cap in vanilla. and Thats the entire point Ronduwil. RESETS COUNT. You dont have to be a no life to reset a dungeon 30 times for something.

I’m not a retailer at all. I have played WoW since the day it came out. I remember I had the stomach flu that day, my father bought it for me to make me feel better, and I’ve been playing it since. You shouldn’t assume things about people. You should try to have polite engaging conversations with them. It goes somewhere sometimes!

1 Like

You have single digit post get out my face commie.

1 Like

Imagine saying commie, You do nothing but sit on the forums kid. lmao tf

1 Like

Well you haven’t proved to me yet that you even play classic Mr. 63 DK.
Let’s assume that you do, you get your Warrior to level 60, you want to farm for SGC and HoJ, the problem? you have to do it incredibly slowly now because Blizzard doesn’t have a clue how to combat bots.

does this seem right?

1 Like

Yes. On this account. This has nothing to do with the topic and like I told someone else, you shouldn’t assume things about people.